• Paid Members
14 minutes ago, Weezenal said:

I think they're letting everyone use their names in any promotion now. 

To be fair, it's easy to forget that in operational terms TNA aren't as big as they used to be any more. They're basically a souped-up indy now, so they've probably had to go back to old practices. 

Impact got a lot of bad publicity  when they wouldn't allow the Hardy's to take the broken gimmick with them when they left , so they have had a complete change around in the last few months - anyone can use a gimmick developed in Impact when wrestling anywhere else.

3 hours ago, CliveG said:

Impact got a lot of bad publicity  when they wouldn't allow the Hardy's to take the broken gimmick with them when they left , so they have had a complete change around in the last few months - anyone can use a gimmick developed in Impact when wrestling anywhere else.

Laurel Van Ness wasn’t allowed... So I’m sure that’s bollocks

• Paid Members

The Broken Hardy stuff was a one off IMO. There's no-one else whose trademark is worth anything to TNA once they've gone. In fact, I'd say it's worth more to TNA in the future if there is a popular talent in WWE with that name. That said, are we sure WWE are going to use the name EC3? We've seen Asuka and Itami debut under their previous name and then switch. Blaor too I think? I quite like "EC3" as a ring name but it's got no value to WWE either way.

• Paid Members
53 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

The Broken Hardy stuff was a one off IMO. There's no-one else whose trademark is worth anything to TNA once they've gone. In fact, I'd say it's worth more to TNA in the future if there is a popular talent in WWE with that name. That said, are we sure WWE are going to use the name EC3? We've seen Asuka and Itami debut under their previous name and then switch. Blaor too I think? I quite like "EC3" as a ring name but it's got no value to WWE either way.

Yeah I agree, the name means nothing to them nor does it mean anything to anyone really without referring to Dixie Carter. Plus, he had a name in WWE beforehand.

That said, I reckon they'll just stick with EC3, due to nothing other than pure laziness.

58 minutes ago, garynysmon said:

Seriously, that's a "Because I should do more research" if there ever was one.

https://411mania.com/wrestling/impact-wrestling-granting-talent-rights-characters/

No need to be a bit of a nob about it, that's why he asked on here. I didn't know TNA changed their stance on this either, same with others judging by the past couple of pages.

• Paid Members

Fair enough, sorry, bit OTT on my part. But there's no need to go around saying "Fucking hell, they're idiots" when that's not the case.

There's plenty of stuff they've been rightfully chastised for over the years, but a bit unfair when its a calculated decision.

Edited by garynysmon

• Paid Members

I get that, Gar, and I hold my hands up to not being as informed as I could have been, but you can surely see how I'd be more likely to imagine that happening than what actually did happen? They've fucked up so many times, and often in such flabbergasting ways, that it's just got to the point where that will be the first assumption. For better or worse, they have that rep now; I should've done more research, but they lost my goodwill as a fan years ago, so I'm not inclined to do that off the bat.

• Paid Members

I will apologise for my 'hanger' earlier, promise not to go on forums before lunchtime from now on ;)

What I will say for Impact is they seem to have good hands, wrestling people, running the show now.

Its been a decent to good two hours of TV since the turn of the year, with little drama behind the scenes, which is more than I could have wished for 2 years ago when they didn't have a pot to piss in and Billy Corgan was bailing them out.

Edited by garynysmon

• Paid Members

All good! No worries.

Fair enough about the new management, but I don't think I'm ready to actively look for their stuff to try them again yet. Might take a look if they're on while I'm flicking through channels.

3 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

Is Lashley still with TNA? Were there not rumours he was heading back to the land of milk and honey?

Unless there is a backstage segment to tie things up, the match with Cage, I believe, was Lashley’s last with the company. IIRC, he more or less said goodbye to the fans/took a bow after the cameras stopped rolling on the match.