• Paid Members
10 minutes ago, Buzz Lightyear said:

Mike Bennett rambling on about late pay issues last night (which whilst correct isn't to do with current owners, shame some sites aren't reporting that). Who pops up and it's Matt Hardy, the same Hardy who was posting his pay slips online and complementing the company for the fantastic relationship 18 months ago. 

That's what annoyed me about it tbh. I don't get why, when you've actually left the company, you would want to start firing shots anyway. You're with the world's biggest company now, partially thanks to the exposure you got there and your hot wife that overshadows you, why be petulant?

Its just burning bridges just to pander to a group of online fans who lap up anything that shits on anything non-WWE related (TNA/GFW expecially). You don't gain anything from it whatsoever. 

I'm going on my own rant now as well, but there's a shocking amount of replies to Reby/Matt Hardy who come out with rubbish that TNA couldn't afford a court case anyway, obviously unaware of the size of the Anthem operation. 

Edited by garynysmon

• Paid Members
16 hours ago, Buzz Lightyear said:

Lets say it goes to court and because they paid Dixie's bills for the shows Hardys win. Will Anthem go after Carter for what she sold them (with potential false documents)? 

Knowing the state of TNA at the time, I don't doubt for a second that the Hardys paid, out of their own pocket, for at least elements of the show. Truthfully, its fucking scandalous that any of the talent should be paying production or set costs for a show that's televised at all, let alone internationally.

But that's a separate issue altogether to who owns the IP.  I'd be supporting them all the way if they were trying to reclaim their out of pocket expenses or what have you. 

10 minutes ago, garynysmon said:

That's what annoyed me about it tbh. I don't get why, when you've actually left the company, you would want to start firing shots anyway. You're with the world's biggest company now, partially thanks to the exposure you got there and your hot wife that overshadows you, why be petulant?

Absolutely, at some point the constant bashing of the company because of something that happened years ago (or in this case previous ownership) has to stop. I could understand if the company had commented on him but yet again nothing has been said. No doubt when he's booted from the WWE he'll want back in and only moan about outside noises holding them back. Rinse and repeat...

As for the Hardys, they're the internet darlings, Jeff always has been hence why Dixie didn't have the guts to let him go when he was disgracing the company but Matt and his Wife talk alot and have yet to back anything up. I felt sorry for Matt because of the situation during the final days of Dixie but not anymore. 

6 minutes ago, garynysmon said:

Knowing the state of TNA at the time, I don't doubt for a second that the Hardys paid, out of their own pocket, for at least elements of the show. Truthfully, its fucking scandalous that any of the talent should be paying production or set costs for a show that's televised at all, let alone internationally.

But that's a separate issue altogether to who owns the IP.  I'd be supporting them all the way if they were trying to reclaim their out of pocket expenses or what have you. 

I couldn't agree more, it's a absolute disgrace on how she ran that company to the ground. I'm not shocked either, just disappointed in these so call journalists who haven't questioned her role in all this mess. She must be under some agreement with Anthem to shut up. 

Seriously though, what we're they thinking? (The Hardys) I know it's been mentioned that they cared about the angle/promotion etc but seriously? 

12 hours ago, Rosler28 said:

From the inside the ropes Matt Hardy tour last year he said he was paying his own money into TNA to keep them afloat. That's why he was given so much free reign with his character and ideas.

He only has himself to blame for getting screwed by the previous owner with the money he invested.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Not entirely sure if he has yet, but there's a live Impact on Thursday (Destination X, where he was scheduled to defend against Low Ki [where you'd imagine now a new champion will be crowned?]) followed by a weekend of tapings which will take them all the way through to Bound for Glory.

GFW are saying he remains suspended, so the talk is that assuming he is held off this week's shows, he's for all intents & purposes done with the company for the foreseeable.

2 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Did Alberto actually miss any dates through his "suspension"? Or do GFW not tape that much in one go anymore? and they don't run house shows, so if a show isn't running anything, what exactly has he been suspended from

Two house shows from last week in NY.

3 minutes ago, CTXRussomark said:

So what's the story here then?  Didn't the police clear Del Rio of all accusations?  Not that I'm complaining because a) I haven't watched TNA in ages and b) Del Rio is the fucking worst, but seems odd he's still suspended when he's seemingly been cleared. 

It's the fact that Del Rio has a pattern of behaviour that's troublesome to say the least. He may have been cleared of being in the wrong this time out, but it's the latest in a long and what is sure to be continuous line of incidents.

4 minutes ago, Noah Southworth said:

It's the fact that Del Rio has a pattern of behaviour that's troublesome to say the least. He may have been cleared of being in the wrong this time out, but it's the latest in a long and what is sure to be continuous line of incidents.

Yeah that makes sense.  I guess I'm just surprised because it's TNA and they've never really shown such good judgement before.