• Paid Members
20 hours ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

Lashley/TNA have invited Donald Trump to be in Lashleys corner at Slammiversary when he faces Alberto.

Are they trying to out-do 5 Star Wrestling with ridiculous offer of the year?

• Paid Members

In the extraordinarily unlikely event of Donald Trump agreeing to it, someone should install a hidden camera in Vince's office to record his reaction upon hearing that a different wrestling promotion has managed to book a live appearance from the President. It'd probably do him in.

• Paid Members

I put Impact back on my planner after the takeover. Watched a bit early on and there were minor improvements but nothing that grabbed me so I deleted it every week. I've watched it the last couple of weeks and while it has some flaws, I have to give them credit for a much improved show.

Good stuff:

Taped in India so has a good crowd who are enthusiastic (even if paid & prompted) and don't chant shit which really, really helps.

Focus on the Slammiversary PPV has been very good. excellent video packages and sit-down interviews. Reminders, graphics, mentions and focus on all feuds leading to the PPV.

Lots of skits and interviews that feel like pro-wrestling should. Not overly produced, just as though there is a team roaming backstage to capture the mood. Some of the outside stuff is hokey but I'll always accept that in my wrestling if it's going somewhere or its entertaining.

Putting over the guys with Indian background on their "home" turf gave a real feel good effect to the show. they perhaps went too far with it (and more in the bad) but it was better than humiliating them.

The roster itself. Considering the sheer amount of talent they've lost over the past few years, they are making the best of things and there are still plenty of talented guys on the roster. Fewer of them looked as bland and E-FED as a couple of months ago and they do a miles better job than WWE do of telling us who some of them are.

Dutt and Low-Ki was a good match. Ki wrestling in a suit is fucking ridiculous but it gets a pass.

Bad stuff:

The commentary, while improved, is still horrific. JB is a fucking robot. He's either OTT for no reason or utterly underwhelming. Josh Matthews is like Jesse Ventura but is just missing the charisma. The voice. The humour. The believability. The flamboyance. The look. And the charisma.

Did you know there are 1.3 billion people in India? If not, TNA will helpfully remind you every 30 seconds.

EC3. What is this E-SINGH-3 bollocks? Other than an attempt at cheap heat, it's just a waste of a really talented dude.

"Christopher Adonis" really fucking irritates me. Just call him Adonis.There's fuck all value in the half a name he once used in WWE. And who the fuck is called Christopher these days? Shit, shit, shit.

That Shera bloke makes Jinder Mahal look like Kenta Kobashi.

Del Rio. Fuck that guy.

I remember TNA trying to get Trump to turn up previously, I think Tigre Uno called him out a couple of years ago 

4 hours ago, garynysmon said:

According to the Observer, Tenay turned down a one night only return to announce Slammiversary with Don West. Bit of a shame tbh.

He retired last year. Agree. Would've been fun to see the Tenay and West duo one more time. Wonder who gets the TNA HOF spot this year?

Also, as part of the AAA deal, Drago and King Cuerno/El Hijo del Fantasma will be appearing and tagging together. As they're Lucha Underground guys as well. I imagine they sorted things out with them after the hooha with Hernandez a couple of years ago where he joined the Beat Down Clan, only to realise he wasn't cleared of his contract which forced them to scrap several weeks of footage which pretty much killed that stable off inadvertently considering MVP left after they were filmed. 

• Paid Members
13 hours ago, Jon-Carr_92 said:

He retired last year. Agree. Would've been fun to see the Tenay and West duo one more time. Wonder who gets the TNA HOF spot this year?

The only positive I can see is if this new announcer turns out to be any good, it could be a full-time gig. I don't mind Borash but there's plenty of other productive things for him to do.

16 hours ago, Jon-Carr_92 said:

Also, as part of the AAA deal, Drago and King Cuerno/El Hijo del Fantasma will be appearing and tagging together. As they're Lucha Underground guys as well. I imagine they sorted things out with them after the hooha with Hernandez a couple of years ago where he joined the Beat Down Clan, only to realise he wasn't cleared of his contract which forced them to scrap several weeks of footage which pretty much killed that stable off inadvertently considering MVP left after they were filmed. 

Excellent! You've pretty much solved half the problem there. Cuerno will go under his non LU name and they'll probably call Drago 'Ultimate Dragon' or something shitty.