Smackdown Spoilers 29/01/13

AshC

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Still, though - they kept him away from the belt. I'm not the guy's biggest fan - I've mentioned before he's actually had me turning off at times - but my criticisms of him were never to do with his professionalism or his abilities in the ring. In this respect, the smarks really should just shut up now.

Yeah, he'll still always be the first to not win the belt after a cash-in. Funny really that the bloke who he didn't beat, the classic opposite to Cena cashed in successfully twice when many thought he'd be the first to fail followed by the other long-time favourite of that sort Mr.Bryan who was also successful.

Still no-one has done a surprise cash-in and not won yet....

• Paid Members

Idea (not properly thought out, so most likely rubbish, but it'd be nice to discuss):

What if there was a MITB match for a shot at the Undertaker's Streak? I think that would be a good way to add a bit of dimension to it. "All these men went to war to try and destroy the greatest legacy in WWE history", blah blah.

Thoughts?

EDIT: Actually, will put this in the Thoughts thread, where it'll be more relevant.

I'm just thinking but what do we think Zigglers character values more, glory at all costs or the chance to show-off to the most amount of people whilst attaining glory?

It'd be an interesting idea to have him say, in advance, that he wants his title match at 'Mania like a babyface but for completely prickish reasons.

Couldn't help but think that Big Show looked weak as piss during his segment with Del Rio in the parking lot.

Yeah that was odd, felt like Del Rio was the heel in that. I'm really enjoying this feud though, good old school shit.

Good episode of Smackdown this week with some negatives coming out of it for the future. Khali in the chamber? Fuck that. Splitting up Rhode Scholars for seemingly no reason. If they give Sandow a serious push then it ain't so bad but it still leaves the tag division missing a major heel team. Hopefully they'll elevate the PTP's again. Worst of all though is the return of Jack Swagger. I don't even think a face turn could make me give a shit about him, he's just useless.

Both the Rey/Cera v Hell NO and Ziggler/Del Rio matches were tremendous. Loved Big E interrupting then casually leaning back on the barrier as if nothing happened although of course just doing that makes it more obvious he did something, which is why it's great.

As much as I love the Shield they seem to be making it up as they go along with them. Josh had the "they're here to take out injustice" line. I thought they were revealed as mercenaries? Or are they both? The direction with them don't seem very clear. And where the fuck was Ryback/Cena/Rock/Orton and everyone else when they were beating the shit out of Sheamus? Very TNA.

I don't have a major problem with Ziggler losing to Del Rio as they're trying to establish him as the top face. I DO have a problem with Dolph jobbing to everyone else though and I hate their retarded philosophy on the MITB briefcase (sorry to use that word but that's what it is. jobbing out the winner to put over the 'out of the blue' aspect of him cashing it and winning the belt makes everyone look like shit).

Still, I haven't enjoyed a Smackdown this much in years.

Ive tried defending Swagger in the past but not only was his return wasted. He himself is bloody useless. His promo with awkward silence after was terrible. His hair is stupid, his beard is stupid and he brought nothing new to his match with Kofi.

Archived