UFC 156: 'Aldo vs Edgar'

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?  

28 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
However, even worse than the Little Nog vs. Rashad fight fight was Rogan, who was more annoying than I ever usually notice. During the Rashad fight, for example, he was moaning about eye pokes and complaining that there must be something we can do to stop them from happening. Genuine question: what the fuck would he suggest? I can't think of a single way to improve upon the gloves that are currently in use.

oh, don't get me started in that.

Rogan seems to have moved from him 'thai steel cup' idea and decided to go on a rant, every show about eye pokes and the poor design of the gloves. I'm with you, i don't really see what can be done? unless you wanna create some kind of glove that will stifle the grappling element of MMA, there's nothing that can be done is there? i know he argue that people need to keep their hands closed when on the feet but that's illogical too, most of the eye poke take place during shoves or things like that, it's just a natural instict to push with the hands open.

I feel Rogan's pain, i know it's annoying when a fight gets paused but i think it's just something we need to put up with. Rogan's only recently started doing it though, dunno what's pissed him off?

oh, Rogan's insistent that the 'sea clamp' position should be legalised too (i think he called it sea clamp) where he things someone should be allowed to pinch someone's windpipe with their hand was a weird one...at least he didn't call it a rape choke again.

The crazy thing is that I like Rogan as a personality. His podcasts are fucking excellent, and he's really sharp and open-minded when it comes to most subjects, and offers interesting insight into those subjects.

As a colour guy though he's getting worse and worse. Aside from knowing his onions as far as the ins & outs of the ground game go he doesn't really bring much to the table.

• Paid Members

I agree 100% David. I'm a fan of Rogan and I love his podcasts but he is getting very annoying on commentary. The eyepoke rant, the relentless arselicking of Reem, constant whinging in the Nog/Rashad fight and overly harsh assessment of Nog. And that's just from UFC 156. He really beat the groin shot/steel Thai cup word for word almost identical speech to death a while back.

Also the "what a terrible design by mother nature" line, every fucking time someone gets smacked in the pills. It was a good line, the first time he said it but he says it every time. And he's harsh on mother nature like he was harsh on Nog. It's not a "terrible design" the human body wasn't designed to be kicked.

• Paid Members

yeh, im a fan of Rogan as well, i like him as a personality/comedian and i love his enthusiasm for MMA. There are times on commentary where he's great, it's just the little blind alleys he keeps seeming to go down these days, as soon as he gets an opinion on something he beats it to death.

• Paid Members
You'll like these Supremo...

Brilliant stuff. Definitely my new favourite knock out of all time.

For those who haven't seen it, here's Dana's post-show media scrum covering loads of stuff including Rashad's performance, Randy Couture's departure, Ryan Couture's UFC future, Silva's next fight, etc.

• Paid Members

The scrums, press conferences and interviews with Helwani are when Dana really shines as a promoter. I always try and seek them out. Charismatic, open, engaging, honest, passionate, it's in those types of environments that very few people could replace him as the face of the company.

Archived