Hotel in Central London

RancidPunx

Hey Folks.

Will be in London for two weekends in Feb and need to sort out a place to stay.

Can anybody recommend a cheap hotel that is somewhat central ?

I don't exactly know my way around London and will be getting in quite late so am keen to stick where i do know.

I would even chance a Hostel if worst comes to it.

Anyway, any advise is appreciated.

Not to hijack the thread but,

Does anyone have any experience of the Crowne Plaza in Ealing?

It's actually right on a busy roundabout called Hanger Lane which is about 10 minutes from Ealing Broadway by public transport (bus). It's literally on the doorstep of the tube station though so you're about 20 minutes from Central London which is handy enough.

Around the area is a big industrial estate, an Asda and a Tesco. Wembley Stadium is 15 minutes away by bus.

Oh, and the hotel is nice and basic.

• Paid Members

It's actually right on a busy roundabout called Hanger Lane which is about 10 minutes from Ealing Broadway by public transport (bus). It's literally on the doorstep of the tube station though so you're about 20 minutes from Central London which is handy enough.

Around the area is a big industrial estate, an Asda and a Tesco. Wembley Stadium is 15 minutes away by bus.

I'll only be staying for 3 nights and will be at the studios during the days, Is it far? Taxi journey?

I'll only be staying for 3 nights and will be at the studios during the days, Is it far? Taxi journey?

Not at all. There are 2 buses that'll take 15 minutes or a cab which will probably be around 7 or 8 pound each way. Only problem is the amount of traffic that roundabout can generate as I'm pretty sure I read it's the busiest in the UK, or at least was a couple of years ago.

• Paid Members

Not at all. There are 2 buses that'll take 15 minutes or a cab which will probably be around 7 or 8 pound each way. Only problem is the amount of traffic that roundabout can generate as I'm pretty sure I read it's the busiest in the UK, or at least was a couple of years ago.

It will be the weekend, traffic still bad?

• Paid Members
It will be the weekend, traffic still bad?

Shouldn't be too bad. If it is and you get a cab there are plenty of back routes to get from Hanger Lane to the studios so you shouldn't have any problems whatsoever. Enjoy it :)

Brilliant thanks!

Archived