Key Roster Member Leaving?

diamond_dust

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It seems like anytime a Diva starts to get halfway good in WWE, they leave. Maria was getting alright, she disappeared, Kelly could almost run ropes after 6 years, she went. Kharma got preggers and never came back, and now Eve, who had both an over character and wrestling skills.

Although, as this thread shows, the thing that will be most missed about Eve, as with most Divas, is her spectacular arse. Excuse me while I go find some slow motion booty pop moonsault clips in, ahem, tribute to her.

Classic Red Dwarf AND Classic Simpsons quotes - tremendous!

Lets not also forget that The Gracies are pretty freaking minted and have lots of other avenues for her to make her money through so why bump on the road when you can be at home?

TBH I'm amazed Gail Kim continued after she got hitched. Girl must like the hobby.

Yeah, I never really enjoyed Eve. Really seemed to be the epitome of a diva whose name I always blanked on and was just another girl that could be replaced with some other girl doing a funny pose before a 2 min match. Won't be too saddened.

However, like others, I commend Tassmacher (sp?) on improving herself. Just the other night, I noticed how well she moved around the ring for someone who hasn't had that much fanfare, and really wasn't much in WWE, but a dancer. As pointed out, you really get a sense that the 00-10 divas pretty much have enough of the wrestling game and have better stuff offered to them on leaving, with a new fanbase of dedicated perverts. It's nice to see she got something more out of it and is willing to learn and bump her body for it.

Eve's posing for pictures with her defeated opponents gimmick (that she did for about two weeks) was brilliant I thought, and her gimmick of the disingenuous heel is great.

Shame to see her go, but Divas only have limited shelf life I guess.

If they are really interested in rebuilding the Divas division then they need to let Natalya wrestle (even though her personality is non-existant she can at least put together a solid match), let AJ wrestle as she is the only woman on the roster besides Eve that has a personality and the audience has been given a reason to give a shit about, turn Layla heel as she is absolutely horrible as a babyface, let Naomi wrestle and bring up Paige and Emma from NXT.

• Paid Members

I can't wait for Paige to debut on the main shows. She's already pretty popular considering she hasn't had the same kind of massive mainstream exposure, NXT aside.

Eve and most of the current crop of WWE divas are total, utter shit. Tessmacher/Brooke is a goddess.

• Paid Members

Eve dropping the title to Kaitlyn pays off a storyline running since Night of Champions, but you would have to have been paying attention to Smackdown every week to remember it. Kaitlyn vs AJ would be the next Diva title feud after that, which if they decide to run with it could be undercard filler on WrestleMania.

There was a belief that since she got married last year to Rener Gracie that her time in WWE might be limited. The Gracies are a massive family, and the expectation was that she'd be off to become a babymaker soon enough. If true, I'm somewhat surprised that she's not at least staying through 'Mania, and bow out there.

Married? They only got engaged last year.

Perhaps she's leaving to go get married, settle down and pop out a few little Rener's, who knows - Dang!

• Paid Members

Isn't Paige still only 21 as well? I'm guessing they don't want to rush her onto the main roster just yet purely for that reason. It's one thing going to Tampa, but going on the road at that age when she's still quite young might be a bridge too far at this stage. Not that she isn't capable, quite the opposite, but I think WWE are keen to nuture her gradually rather than throw her in at the deep end and risk fucking it up.

If only ALL women from Norwich could look like that :(

Archived