Key Roster Member Leaving?

diamond_dust

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/266593-spo...g-wwe-superstar

According to PWInsider.com, current WWE Divas Champion Eve Torres is said to be on her way out of the company, and it is expected that she will drop the title to Kaitlyn during tonight's 20th anniversary Raw show.

It was announced last week that Kaitlyn would be challenging Eve for the title tonight, and at this point it's the only bout being advertised for Raw.

This seems to be out of nowhere as Eve is the only diva who's really had any build up for months (with the exception of AJ obviously). If she goes its a shame as she had really improved since her debut and was one of the very few who could actually put on a passable match.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know nothing of the subject but isn't lady MMA going to be a big deal this year with UFC promoting that big fight with that bird and that other bird? Eve's with one of the Gracie's isn't she? Maybe she's off to do that.

Or maybe that's about as ill-informed a post as I've ever made, I dunno.

There was a belief that since she got married last year to Rener Gracie that her time in WWE might be limited. The Gracies are a massive family, and the expectation was that she'd be off to become a babymaker soon enough. If true, I'm somewhat surprised that she's not at least staying through 'Mania, and bow out there.

• Paid Members

Never expect to see Eve ever again once she leaves WWE. I remember Konnan saying he phoned Maryse, Candice and the Bellas when they left WWE and asked if they wanted to do dates for AAA and they all said "fuck that". Once you've been on the road for WWE, your interest in wrestling is dead. Probably because there is only one way to go once you leave and also because the money is shite. Unless you are a Gail Kim or Mickie James who like doing it. That's why Brooke Adams needs commending more than she does. She went from a lifelong bikini model to doing a dancing gimmick in WWE to leaving and learning the craft. To not only continue to want a be around wrestling post WWE, but to actually want to learn the art form and do it well is something to praise her for.

That's why Brooke Adams needs commending more than she does. She went from a lifelong bikini model to doing a dancing gimmick in WWE to leaving and learning the craft. To not only continue to want a be around wrestling post WWE, but to actually want to learn the art form and do it well is something to praise her for.

Plus, to paraphrase The Cat...

"She gives pleasure to the World, because she has such a beautiful ass".

Such a giver.

img6760650h.jpg

• Paid Members
'Key Roster Member' :laugh:

Well considering she's been the only diva with any build and a division built around her plus I was trying to make it as vague as possible to avoid spoilers for anyone in the title then yes "Key Roster Member :laugh:"

Good way to create intrigue in the thread- I jumped straight in when I saw that title!

Anyway, Eve going won't make an ounce of difference to anybody. She's not terrible, but she's nothing special either and she'll be forgotten within five minutes of her stepping out of the door. The Divas division could do with an influx of new faces anyway.

If I was WWE I would throw Brooke silly money to get her to come back on the road. I think she's brilliant. I bet she has a strong male following now and if the WWE were willing to get behind her she could easily become the hottest divas act on the show. There's so much potential there to make good money. I know they are (and will be now with Eve leaving) thin on the ground with divas acts.

• Paid Members
I know nothing of the subject but isn't lady MMA going to be a big deal this year with UFC promoting that big fight with that bird and that other bird? Eve's with one of the Gracie's isn't she? Maybe she's off to do that.

Or maybe that's about as ill-informed a post as I've ever made, I dunno.

Ha, you're basically right. You should apply for a writing job with MMAJunkie. You've taught me something anyway. Had no idea one of the Gracies was with Eve.

If this is her plan she'd have to win a few fights to get in the UFC but the women's division is pretty shallow and her looks would probably make it a bit more likely she'd get fast tracked to the UFC.

A quick look on her Wiki says she's a blue belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu (only one up from a white belt but still) and has done some kickboxing (Wiki is vague on this). It's a start.

She's probably not even thinking MMA but I guess you never know. She'd get battered by the top women though.

• Paid Members
Exactly. I thought we were getting hit with another Lesnar/Batista type departure.

Yes. I think some people will immediately go "oh but she's Divas CHAMPION" and expect that to make a difference. All it means to be champion of the Divas is to be slightly more than nobody. Eve is enjoyable to watch, but she's far from "key".

If I was WWE I would throw Brooke silly money to get her to come back on the road. I think she's brilliant. I bet she has a strong male following now and if the WWE were willing to get behind her she could easily become the hottest divas act on the show. There's so much potential there to make good money. I know they are (and will be now with Eve leaving) thin on the ground with divas acts.

Bingo. I reckon they'd sell more Divas Calendars than they do now with a healthy slice of Tessmacher's arse in it.

• Paid Members

If she's leaving pretty immediately they may as well drop the title all together rather than switching it to Kaitlyn and make a shift toward using their current girls as valets, they seem to be the ones who actually manage to get over anyway. There's probably a few guys it could do the world of good for having a female with them, it served Danny Bry well. Although, he went through the Bellas and Gail Kim before getting to AJ. They've moved in that direction a little though, with The Funkasauras chicks and AJ. If Kaitlyn gets the belt, who is there to challenge besides AJ?

I wouldn't mind an influx of new talented girls though. And I'd welcome Brooke Adams back, but she can bring Gail Kim and Mickie James with her. AJ, Tessmacher, Gail Kim, Kaitlyn, Mickie James and Layla would be quite the ass-tastic division.

Archived