Worst Reasons for Feuds/Matches Ever

Forrest

• Paid Members
This has to be up there.

Spilling a cup of coffee....

Knew this would get a mention. I've never minded it, felt it complimented their characters just fine. Everyone says 'omg feuding over a spilt cup of coffee' when it wasn't that at all, it's Kanes mental scarring and issues with his incident and being burnt and Jericho making light of it in that smart-arse Jericho way. 'Sorry champ, hope i didn't burn you.' Cunt deserves it frankly. If you go to a pool party that you're invited to by a War veteran who's lost some limbs due to a bomb attack, then proceed to do a jumping bomb into the pool, drenching him and spilling his drink in the process and then joke 'oops, sorry sarge, didn't mean to BOMB you!' Then you're a bit of a prick and deserve a slap and to be never invited over ever again.

That PTP and Usos thing sounds awesome. Pitocs is right about it being right at home on channel 4 Heat. I like the Usos, they need more reasons to be on TV, if barbecue related angles are what does it, that's fine with me.

This has to be up there.

Except that wasn't why Kane was pissed off, it was because Jericho then took the piss out him being burnt as a child. Which he had been at the time. And to be honest, if someone spills coffee over me and then goes all "haha, you got burned alive as child by your brother, ha ha" I think I'd want to beat the shit out of them too. That's an incredibly logical reason to feud.

Why did he want him to embrace the hate?

Because Kane's a top bloke.

This has to be up there.

Knew this would get a mention. I've never minded it, felt it complimented their characters just fine. Everyone says 'omg feuding over a spilt cup of coffee' when it wasn't that at all, it's Kanes mental scarring and issues with his incident and being burnt and Jericho making light of it in that smart-arse Jericho way. 'Sorry champ, hope i didn't burn you.' Cunt deserves it frankly. If you go to a pool party that you're invited to by a War veteran who's lost some limbs due to a bomb attack, then proceed to do a jumping bomb into the pool, drenching him and spilling his drink in the process and then joke 'oops, sorry sarge, didn't mean to BOMB you!' Then you're a bit of a prick and deserve a slap and to be never invited over ever again.

Even watching it back just then, it seems like Jericho didn't say it with that inflection, just, "hope I didn't burn you," laughs it off, then suitably shits bricks with his facial expression when he realises what he said. This was going to be my nomination too.

With Bret Hart's jacket, didn't they make out it had some kind of special significance, like he wore it when he won the WWF title or something similar? That's just about passable I reckon. Though with Macho and Repo, I think it was just a random hat from his vast collection, which made it all a bit silly.

With Bret Hart's jacket, didn't they make out it had some kind of special significance, like he wore it when he won the WWF title or something similar? That's just about passable I reckon. Though with Macho and Repo, I think it was just a random hat from his vast collection, which made it all a bit silly.

It was Jean-Pierre Lafitte who nicked the Hitman's jacket wasn't it? Just to make the point that he really was an evil pirate!

How bout Mike Knox feuding with Rey Mysterio for seemingly no reason

I actually quite liked that. Knox had a reason. He just wanted to batter fuck out of Rey. That's as good a reason as any.

I liked it too. I remember somebody interviewing Knox backstage asking him what his problem was with Rey, to which he replied 'Problem? I don't have any problem with Rey...' or something along those lines. I thought it was a pretty cool direction for Knox's character in that he didn't need a reason to kick fuck out of Rey.

• Paid Members
Tyson Kidd and Yoshi Tatsu had a feud on NXT last year because Kidd broke Yoshi's action figure of himself.

Haha, I'd forgotten about that! Tyson Kidd was wearing the leg of Yoshi's figure on a chain round his neck for a few weeks- the utter bastard!!

I love C-Show wrestlecrap like that!

• Paid Members
Repo Man stealing Randy Savage's hat was a poor excuse to start a fued

Not to be a pedant, but that wasn't really a feud, it was one match to open a Raw.

I always found the background behind Rick Martel v Shawn Michaels at Summerslam 92 to be pretty odd, wasn't it that Sherri had the hots for the model?

REALLY? "Stay away from my woman" is one of the most realistic and probably best reasons to fight after a title or title shot in my eyes.

One that I thought was really lame at the time (watching as a 12 year old) was Tatanka getting pissy at Luger because I thought he'd joined the ranks of the Million $ Man's Corporation. I thought "it's not really any of your fucking business, Dances With The Wind." If anything I thought Tatanka should have been having a word with Lex - who was meant to be his mate - about putting a word in to get him on that gravy train. Of course, in the end we found out it was a ruse all along, but I'll never forget thinking prior to SummerSlam "this is daft. If they were mates, Ratanka would be pleased his mate has got off whatever rubbish wage the WWF was paying him in favour of Teddy's silly money."

Archived