All Japan Pro Wrestling

zenarcadian

many of whom would not see this Undertaker fellow as being on par with their long-term legends, like Muta, or Chono until he goes over them.

If that's the logic behind your Muta vs. Undertaker match it becomes even more mental. Undertaker's finished, if going over Muta or Chono is going to make you over as Mr. Rover then why waste it on this 'Undertaker fellow' who nobody knows?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
There's all manner of ways a relationship with All Japan aids WWE's expansion into Asia, thus widening the WWE Universe, many of whom would not see this Undertaker fellow as being on par with their long-term legends, like Muta, or Chono until he goes over them.

That's utter bollocks. Japanese fans have always fawned over anyone that's achieved any level of success in America and still do, even if the last SmackDown tour suggested they aren't prepared to pay for tickets to see them any more. In Japan, Lance Archer is a star. They'd go fucking mental for Undertaker, even though he's old and broken down they'd view him at least "on par" with their own old broken down legends.

Yeah I'm sorry but as someone who has become quite fond of modern day All Japan, a lot of the ideas thrown around in this thread are mental and serve only to give those fans who like Japanese wrestling the negative stereotype that has been given to them on this forum.

a lot of the ideas thrown around in this thread are mental and serve only to give those fans who like Japanese wrestling the negative stereotype that has been given to them on this forum.

As a newbie, I'll have to politely ask; what negative stereotype?

That they are fappers, like MOVEZ and people getting dropped on their heads, work rate pervs, probably fans of SHIMMER, fat, long-haired, potential BO problems, live with their parents and live in a fantasy world where any random wrestler is better than 95% of WWE because they can do a 360 flaming senton corkscrew shooting star press moonsault.

• Paid Members

.... and their belief that anyone that doesn't think Puro is better than WWE is either a) a complete idiot or b) just hasn't seen any Puro yet. Because it's just BETTER, isn't it?

That they are fappers, like MOVEZ and people getting dropped on their heads, work rate pervs, probably fans of SHIMMER, fat, long-haired, potential BO problems, live with their parents and live in a fantasy world where any random wrestler is better than 95% of WWE because they can do a 360 flaming senton corkscrew shooting star press moonsault.

I don't really think any right-minded puro fan can appreciate dudes being dropped on their head, post-Misawa. Nothing wrong with appreciating decent workrate, not everyone gets their jollies from seeing John Cena struggle his way through the basics. Marking out for 95% of wrestlers isn't a thing, though; much like WWE & TNA, it's easy to spot who's getting the push, who's a career mid-carder, etc. Doubt if anyone really thinks someone like Yutaka Yoshie was any cop, etc.

As for fat, long-haired, living with parents, etc., I know quite a few puro heads that would appreciate living with their folks again, if only to avoid significant others complaining about DVDs taking up space. :-p

Dont get me wrong,i mean i would quite like to see Muta Vs The Undertaker.

I just can not see how it would help WWE at all.

It would of course help All Japan but since when has Vince ever really put over any other feds when he has been doing quite well?

Yeah he worked with ECW and even the USWA but that was when he had competion,he has none these days and really doesnt need to help anyone

The idea being talked about here could be applied to a development talent if WWE chose to and still get the same result.

Be a cool match to watch tho

.... and their belief that anyone that doesn't think Puro is better than WWE is either a) a complete idiot or b) just hasn't seen any Puro yet. Because it's just BETTER, isn't it?

The in-ring product is a lot stronger/more consistent, but the production values and narrative need work if any of the promotions are serious about taking on WWE, as New Japan have spoken up about recently. While the IWGP title is rightly the centrepiece of the show, its current challengers beyond Okada, Tanahashi and Nakamura need serious character development. Perhaps the move to 2 hours for their main programme will allow for a bit more.

Dont get me wrong,i mean i would quite like to see Muta Vs The Undertaker.

I just can not see how it would help WWE at all.

It would of course help All Japan but since when has Vince ever really put over any other feds when he has been doing quite well?

Yeah he worked with ECW and even the USWA but that was when he had competion,he has none these days and really doesnt need to help anyone

The idea being talked about here could be applied to a development talent if WWE chose to and still get the same result.

Be a cool match to watch tho

Sure would. Seems to belong in the land of fanboy conjecture for now, mind.

not everyone gets their jollies from seeing John Cena struggle his way through the basics.

I actually can't tell at this point if you're putting it on or not.

Seriously, yes, Cena is not aimed at the long-term/hardcore wrestling fan, and works hard on the ancillary aspects of wrestling, but even bearing that in mind, he's still as stupid as heck to try and watch in the ring.

• Moderators
not everyone gets their jollies from seeing John Cena struggle his way through the basics.

Seriously, yes, Cena is not aimed at the long-term/hardcore wrestling fan, and works hard on the ancillary aspects of wrestling, but even bearing that in mind, he's still as stupid as heck to try and watch in the ring.

Yeah, it's stupid as all hell watching him inspire those reactions from the crowds!

Really, what on earth are you talking about. That's just a load of words that mean nothing. Nothing at all. Not aimed at the long-term/hardcore wrestling fan? Well in that case a load of us just started watching in 2011 and then. He's not aimed at the "CRISP ARMDRAGS!" posse perhaps, but that's because WWE aren't idiots and know better than to promote things to them. The Crisp Armdrags club and Hardcore fans aren't the same whatsoever. How does Cena struggle through the basics? Drawing heat? Getting reactions? That's the most basic thing of all, and he carries that off with aplomb. And at the same time it's not as if he's a slouch in the ring anyway. Or are you part of the Cena's always carried idiocy which has been disproven time and time again by the body of work with varied opponents he's acquired since really hitting his stride in 2007 or so. Or maybe everyone should work in a boring samey crisp style.

Actually, be honest with me for a second. I'm of the opinion that Stan Hansen is one of the GOAT. His brawling is sloppy looking (not in a bad way, not at all. In a rough way) and super effective on the eye. If he didn't venture to Japan, and just stayed brawling in the US, would you think he's great?

I was going to hold my tongue, but I've seen this thread and it's got some of the just stupidest ideas ever. If WWE is going to have AJPW as a little farm league for themselves, why are they going to put Punk vs Funaki in the main event of a B PPV, guaranteeing it'll flop hugely? And moreover, you know why Muta got over in the US in 1989? Because he was something unlike anything seen before on US National TV and was with Gary Hart. But NWA didn't have the working constraints in the ring WWE has now. Which they have for a reason. They have their own style. People aren't just going to waltz in from AJPW and do moves and get over because none of them are Muta, none of them are new and exciting, and they have to work within the house style.

Anyway, I'm going back under my rock.

• Paid Members

...... Fin??

Archived