El Generico signs with WWE

KingOfMetal

According to this

http://www.pwponderings.com/?p=21950

PWPonderings.com is reporting that, according to their sources, which include two indy promoters, WWE and independent star El Generico have come to terms on a contract.

This isn't the first we've heard of WWE being interested in signing Generico, but we're awaiting full confirmation. If any more news breaks, we'll be sure to pass the information on to you.

Read more at http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe/Top_in...SH5Xbz1XeT8J.99

Why would WWE be interested in this guy? I love him, but look at him. They'd be as well going and signing any number of skinny blokes from the indys.

Have to agree. He's an incredibly talented, incredibly well-travelled guy but, unless they have a specific plan for him, I dont see how he's gonna work in the WWE environment.

Anyway, congratulations if true.

I am actually interested to see what they could with Generico with the WWE machine behind him. He's a fun character, kids can wear his mask, he sells like crazy better than 99% to the point where you feel empathy, does all the flips and would be fine in an opening match role, and they can progress from there. And with the size thing, their top guy was dwarfed by The Rock in the main event segment on Monday, and he held his own on the microphone. It would just be nice to see him get properly paid, some merchandise residuals and such, so he can make a bit more if and when he does go back to the indies. It's horrifying watching some of the big bumps he takes on such a frequent basis (he's consistently working around the globe), so a brief time in the spotlight won't be a problem (provided they don't unmask him, which is when things can get troublesome).

• Paid Members

Look at him without his mask on. He looks like someone from the crowd. He's like a proper Luchador (even though he isnt actually a Mexican) in the sense that there are a load of them who cannot take the mask off due to looking like a pork scratching underneath it.

El_GenericoUnmasked.jpg

I wonder if WWE has seen him without his mask? It doesnt seem WWE's MO to sign someone who looks like one of those blokes who get their knob out on Chat Roulette.

• Paid Members

Are they still planning that 'Cruiserweight' show that Alex Shelley was supposed to be in?. I believe it was for the WWE Network, not that I can see that coming to fruition any time soon. He would fit in more on that type of show.

Hopefully he has been signed.

Can't forget him wrestling at local venue in North Wales in 2011 and landed on a woman in the crowd after performing a running Senton out of the ring

I was there for that one, he used my fiances's handbag as a weapon - great night - glad he's getting an opportunity as he is an absolute star on the independent circuit these last few years...

• Paid Members

Its a total win/win for Generico if he signs with the 'E. If he succeeds and becomes a beloved mainstay, then fantastic. However, if he has a Cabana run then he can quite easily up his indy appearance fees as he'll be an 'ex-WWE star'. He deserves it too; definitely the most hard-working and consistent indy wrestler of the past decade.

Archived