Smackdown Spoilers

PunkStep

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

3 pages for a Smackdown thread. Holy hell.

I also wish I didn't check the spoilers. I was just curious about what The Rock would do, interacting with Rhodes Scholars meets my expectations nicely.

You could say Del Rio and Show have worked a mini feud the past couple of weeks with the Ricardo thing, but this is still way out the blue. Happy though, both Raw and SD need more shocker moments like this. Watching Raw the other day, they advertised Del Rio vs. Show, but they didn't say it would be last man standing, or that it would be a title match. I think if WWE hyped that, they would draw more viewers than giving away their own spoiler. The approach they've taken still isn't terrible though, as I assume we'll all be tuning in.

Yay for being one of the first countries in the world to get Smackdown!* :p

*Funny thing is, I haven't watched a full Smackdown ep in a couple of years.

• Paid Members
He ran over Santa. I mean if it was the Pope or something sure, but you if you run over Santa you're a heel in my book. And you stay that way.

Don't tell me Santa's off limits.

Stone-Cold-Stuns-Santa-Claus.gif

Del Rios should have had the belt years ago when he faced Edge at that Wrestlemania. Should have pulled the trigger on him then.

You make it sound like 2002, it was less than 2 years ago!

Makes Wrestlemania for the world title interesting, i assumed they would get the belt on Orton around Rumble/EC time and have him face Sheamus for the belt.

I could see some sort of multi man match now though involving Sheamus, Orton, Show, Del Rio & Ziggler.

Should be good to watch it play out.

• Paid Members
I could see some sort of multi man match now though involving Sheamus, Orton, Show, Del Rio & Ziggler.

Don't they want Ryback giving Shellshock to Show for a 'Mania moment? That would leave those other four blokes you mention in two singles matches which would pretty much round out the card in addition to the other matches we "know" are happening.

I said a while back I think Del Rio would make a good face if they used Ricardo as a catalyst for his turn. I had wanted a slow burn thing with Ricardo training montages but I suppose there is still time for that.

Usually Raw is th only thing I will watch on the Road to Wrestlemania but hopefully WWE want to make Smackdown essential viewing too. With two shows firing on all cylinders it could make for a really great card.

WWE must see something in Sandow, interactions with DX and the Rock make his future with the company look bright. That type of treatment wouldn't be wasted on just anybody

• Paid Members
WWE must see something in Sandow, interactions with DX and the Rock make his future with the company look bright. That type of treatment wouldn't be wasted on just anybody

You sure about that?

hornswoggle-and-dx.jpg

eugene_display_image.jpg

You sure about that?

hornswoggle-and-dx.jpg

eugene_display_image.jpg

Wasn't that when they were all full time though? I think he meant by the fact that all of DX together for the first time in years. And also Rocky is only around for 3 months to work his program with Punk/Possibly Cena. So im guessing thats what he meant by giving Sandow valuble TV time with these people that aren't around that much.

• Paid Members
Wasn't that when they were all full time though?

In the case of Rock with Eugene, definitely not. Regardless, it's a leap to make talking about future being bright just based on those segments. The positioning of Sandow in both of those segments doesn't mean anything for the future. It just means they recognize he's effective at drawing heat now, doesn't mean they're pencilling him in to win MITB or something. In terms of Rock, he's on virtually every episode of TV bar one SmackDown between now and the Rumble, can't just have him jawing with Punk twice a week every week, they'd run out of things to say. If Rock has a little chat with 3MB then lamps them on Monday, nobody's going to jump to conclusions that the company's got big plans for them.

• Paid Members
Wonder if The Rock has any input on who he wants to work with?

Given Vince's "toy chest" comment at the end of the last Rock DVD, the way he seems to seems on the verge of tears when he talks about his gratitude to Rock, I'd imagine either they give Rocky first say if there is anyone he wants to share the screen with, or worst case right of refusal. I can imagine a table where the writing team pitch an idea to him then they all wait with baited breath for him to go "yeah, that's cool."

Archived