Wrestling club in Glasgow

UPWLive

Wrestling club in Glasgow

Slamschool is a new wrestling club in Glasgow and is a great opportunity for individuals who have the desire to pursue their wrestling interest further either as a hobby or career. Training is Tuesday 7.00-8.30pm, Thursday 7.00-8.30pm and Sunday 12.00-4.00pm. Successful candidates will form part of our shows and exhibitions.

We

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just wondering who runs this, and what credentials do they have within the British Industry to have a prject such as this?

The reason I ask is that the Glasgow area has 2 VERY reputable schools and I am just wondering why someone would choose a place like this to start their journey in the business instead of goign with one of the 2 schools affiliated with all of the companies up here and with proper trained professionals.

After looking at a few websites affiliated with the member. Looks like this is Kid Krazy's latest venture. Basically a bunch of backyarders. No professional training or no professional experience.

Avoid.

Sorry to read you won't be joining us just yet.

The club is run by Frankie Mooney, a fully licensed and insured martial arts instructor.

Frankie was signed by the British Wrestling Federation in 2001, aged 16 where he was trained by Andy Flyer, Drew McDonald and Alan Kilby among others. His tuition was taught

So in 2001 the head trainer I have never heard of was 16 when he was 'signed' by a promotion? Now he is 27/28 and yet doesn't seem to be an active wrestler or no real history about him except his own website http://www.frankiemooney.com/

I have a lot of respect for what PBW and SWA do in Scotland so please don't discredit that with a substandard school when there are very good ones in place already. I don't run a school because i'm not qualified to do so. Obviously you might prove people wrong, that can still happen but initially the signs point to 'Frankie' being a bad move for people wanting to get into wrestling.

Just wondering who runs this, and what credentials do they have within the British Industry to have a prject such as this?

The reason I ask is that the Glasgow area has 2 VERY reputable schools and I am just wondering why someone would choose a place like this to start their journey in the business instead of goign with one of the 2 schools affiliated with all of the companies up here and with proper trained professionals.

After looking at a few websites affiliated with the member. Looks like this is Kid Krazy's latest venture. Basically a bunch of backyarders. No professional training or no professional experience.

Avoid.

You're infact right, this is another "venture" and I use the term very loosely of Kid Krazy. I recieved an e-mail off him September 29th with regards to be a trainer at the "wrestling club". For anyone who is considering training here I suggest you look less where, not going to post links as it my look like i'm hijacking the thread but as the poster I quoted says there are two top quality schools in Glasgow that have been running for many years and have a proven track record when it comes to students coming out of them.

P.s just in case they try and use it against me I do infact already teach at one of these schools and this post could be classed as biased.

I think most of the fans on the UKFF are aware that there are two very well established and respected schools that are currently opertaing in Glasgow both with a proven track record of producing top talent and working alongside top International names.

There were flyers handed out for this 'project' the WWE signings in Braehead recently and again no address for the training was on the flyers, Perhaps they do have a facility as I know first hand how much money he through at his Civic show some years back, what he paid for ring hire etc showed first hand just how little business experience he had in this game. On all seriousness though I suspect they are trying to build a list of names and will then start 'training'. I would go as far as saying the quotes above were just made up completely.

This is the lad who ran into the ring at the shows at the SECC years ago(Cant remember the name of the company, Stenier etc on it)

This is the lad who set of a fire alarm at a BCW show in Motherwell one time for no other reason than acting like an idiot

This is a lad that despite what is claimed above has no real history in British Wrestling apart from organising 2 shows which both drew very poorly and no doubt lost him a fortune.

If anyone if dumb enough to consider this when every respected promoter, trainer and wrestler in Scotland will advice you against it, well you know what they say about a fool and his mony.

Archived