Impact Wrestling discussion Jan 3rd

Slapnut

So another member of Aces & Eights has been unmasked and, in a massive shocker, it's this bloke:

knox.0_standard_352.0.jpg

There needs to be a huge A&8s reveal soon, there has to be. Devon was a massive letdown as the first reveal, and Knox has never done anything of note. Gallows is good, but DOC is such a shit name. Sting's return was a bit of a letdown too. They practically had an episode-long story of when he's going to show up, even having DOC challenge him to turn up earlier in the show, and then instead of some grand entrance from the ceiling or the lights going out, he just strolls on down.

The rest of the show was quite good mind. Aries & Roode stole the opening segment in a not-so-surprising sublime showing from both. They really are the two best in TNA and have been for some time. Hardy, on the other hand, is shit on the mic. The three of them will probably have a stormer at Genesis though.

I'm not sure what to expect from this Hogan/Bully Ray stuff. Logic would say it's leading to a match between the two, but if Hogan were to return to the ring surely he wouldn't be facing Ray?

Also, Daniels' impression of James Storm was brilliant.

• Paid Members

Sting's return was for me by far the worst return I've seen in memory. Packages building it up for weeks, mind games of the bat dropping from the ceiling, hype all show, and then no music, no descending, not even a jog to the ring. He walked down like a complete nobody that hadn't been missing anyway. The crowd barely popped (not as much as they could/should have) and he showed little enthusiasm.

Crap.

• Paid Members

Sting looked like he was on his way to buy a few cans from the shop and saw a bit of commotion going on and stepped in. He looked so above it all as he walked up the steps. He walked to the ring so casual the fans in the buildings reaction was "oh, there's Sting". Sting has been motivated like never before about some of the worst ideas ever in TNA. But last night he looked like he did in his feud with Vampiro. He had "fuck this shit" wrote all over his face. No lights out, no music, still wearing his t-shirt. Such a shite return.

The Aces and Eights have to be the most poorly booked group in history. They never win and their members are all ex-WWE jobbers or sons of greater men.

Surely there has to be a story behind Sting's return playing out like that?? No lights, no music, and the camera didn't even catch him coming out! There has to be more to it than them just deciding to not bother with any of it?? Time restraints? Technical problems? SOMETHING surely???

• Paid Members

Yeah that Sting thing seemed like a production fuck up, just like they fucked up the shot of the Knox "reveal". It would have been so cool if they could have done something '96 Nitro-like with Stings return, but I suppose I'm asking too much.

The show as a whole was ok, the Knockouts tag and Kaz/Storm were both very solid. There were good segments with Kenny King, Kaz/Daniels/Storm and Roode/Aries, and the Bully/Hogan stuff was fine by me too.

I still think there are positives, they just continuously shoot themselves in the foot with bad angles like Aces 8s and pushing rotten characters like Brooke, Devon, Chavo, Matt Morgan and Joey Ryan.

• Paid Members

Was expecting Sting to be in the cage along with Joe after the lights went out with Angle being locked outside, was really terrible. Still enjoying TNA at the minute, though it'll take a big name to save the Aces and Eights (Not Anderson)

There needs to be a huge A&8s reveal soon, there has to be. Devon was a massive letdown as the first reveal, and Knox has never done anything of note. Gallows is good, but DOC is such a shit name. Sting's return was a bit of a letdown too. They practically had an episode-long story of when he's going to show up, even having DOC challenge him to turn up earlier in the show, and then instead of some grand entrance from the ceiling or the lights going out, he just strolls on down.

I didn't like the reveal of Devon at first but it gave him something fresh to do as his feuds always seemed like filler before. But the rest have been underwhelming. I remember Gallows being unmasked with Tenay closing the show with "I know him!" Which seemed stupid as a good amount of people wouldn't.

I like what they're doing here but the Aces&8's stuff is beginning to bother me. I'm all for a slow burner but this just seems to have grinded to a halt.

We should have found out it was Gallows and Knox and a few other guys months ago, Im glad for them both but it means bugger all now, we probably should have had the big reveal as well but that seems like it'll never come now.

Is Anderson trying to infiltrate them or something cause wasnt he the guy that was supposed to be in the BFG match against them but they beat the crap out of him and he was replaced by Bully Ray? Surely it doesnt make sense if he joins them. TNA does have some really good stuff though, you cant beat Kaz and Daniels and if the X Division had a little more focus it could be really good with Van Dam, Ryan, Kenny King, Kash and Christian York, plus Aries and Roode are both brilliant, then you've got Bully Ray and James Storm who can slot into the main event. I think Chavo and Hernandez should get involved with the Aces and Eights feud, it might give the A&8's SOME credibility if Gallows and Knox got the Tag Belts.

Aces and Eights is really ruining TNA for me (as well as Jeff Hardys internal monologue)

The problem with A&8's is they stopped being a threat the second they became wrestlers and started losing 99% of their matches. It doesn't matter if there is some big reveal or some mastermind behind it now, because at the end of the day this is wrestling and the "war" is going to be settled in a wrestling match, which they NEVER win. Honestly the only victory I can think of was Devon winning the TV title back from Joe, and that's only because of knowing Devon didn't have the belt when he was revealed as a member.

They continually lose and TNA seem to think the random attacks get them their heat back, but Sting returned after two months from a ridiculously violent attack (that would have permanently crippled someone if we're being really picky) and seemed more bothered about losing his baseball bat than having half the bones in his body broken.

Yeah, I was disappointed in this show. Feel like I might have built it up in my head though as being a 'big' show and it just wasn't.

Aces & Eights stuff is just bringing TNA down. It's getting boring and Stings return was anti-climatic.

Thought Aries, Roode, Kaz and Daniels were all awesome though. All 4 have been gold for weeks now. The Knockout match was actually solid as well and the X Division Tournament is a cool idea. Just hope King goes on to win the title.

After a refreshing period earlier last year TNA has been uninspiring lately. They haven't got me feeling excited about anything going into 2013 except Kenny King. Impact almost feels as pointless as watching smackdown sometimes.

Ace's and 8's really are the worst faction in the history of well . . . history. A bunch of jobbers that are just suffocating the show.

Is there still a Youtube link to a video of Sting's 'return', i did watch one yesterday but forgot to save it, just wanna tell my mate like, thanks.

EDIT - Never mind, found one. worst.return.ever

Even my enthusiasm for A&As has fizzled out now. Just get on with it, or fuck off.

Sounds like an ok show; Impact even when it's quite bad still has plenty of decent wrestling though. York v RVD from last week was fun.

Archived