January Hate Thread

neil

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Racism is subjective I felt it was racist as well as what Biff said about me getting arrested every two weeks. He has also been reported. I can deal with the flaming on here but both of them to me have over stepped the mark.

• Paid Members
This is really quite important. I see a lot of CVs, as most people do who build teams, and simple, stupid grammar mistakes are all that it will take to put the CV into the "no" pile. That sounds harsh, but when you're looking through a hundred CVs for one position, you need to make choices between very similar candidates, and their level of literacy is as good a place as any to make a quick decision.

If using apostrophes in the wrong place is going to lose you a job, it's not a big thing to learn, right?

We recently recruited a new Purchasing Assistant & the number of CV's I instantly binned due to basic grammar errors was well into double figures. Overly pedantic? Possibly. On the flip side I want to be able to trust that the person in the role can email a key supplier or customer without looking like a complete moron.

Off topic totally...

But when recently recruiting for a sub-editor position you wouldn't believe the number of CVs with spelling and grammar mistakes. Not just apostrophes in the wrong places but actually full-on spelling mistakes. They were binned immediately. Not overly pedantic considering it was an editorial position. Also, speaking of being pedantic (and being an overly anal grammar Nazi) there's no apostrophe in a pluralisation of "CVs". I do let things slide online though considering I use my iPhone a lot and the bastard is always correcting things wrongly (changes "if" to "of") and even I make mistakes such as "offense" instead of "offence" because I'm typing too quickly with my big fat fingers.

And back on topic...

• Moderators
Racism is subjective I felt it was racist as well as what Biff said about me getting arrested every two weeks. He has also been reported. I can deal with the flaming on here but both of them to me have over stepped the mark.

Biff wasn't even talking about you. He was talking about SpursRiot.. What should have given this away is that he responded to him directly, quoting his post.

• Paid Members
(brown not black btw Jaffa)

:laugh:

Based on the aforementioned rule about it being okay for anybody not white to be racist, you've done nothing wrong.

I declare you free from all allegations of racism.

Just checked the votes and I was surprised to see Allstar is actually only in fourth for dolt of the year. This should help boost his numbers.

(brown not black btw Jaffa)

same here im supposed to be the worst poster ever on a forum that's had a rapist, homophobes, racists, child molesters and borderline religious extremists. But yeah im the worst by far

Archived