January Hate Thread

neil

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After reading that again BiffingtonClyro I want a fucking explanation to your comment about getting ''Getting nicked every two weeks'' who the fuck are you to accuse me of anything.

It's been replaced with something that is ALSO grammatically incorrect :angry:

If people genuinely don't know the mistake they're making, surely it's better that they find out from some pedantic wanker on a wrestling forum than have a prospective employer bin their CV because of it.

This is really quite important. I see a lot of CVs, as most people do who build teams, and simple, stupid grammar mistakes are all that it will take to put the CV into the "no" pile. That sounds harsh, but when you're looking through a hundred CVs for one position, you need to make choices between very similar candidates, and their level of literacy is as good a place as any to make a quick decision.

If using apostrophes in the wrong place is going to lose you a job, it's not a big thing to learn, right?

But I didn't say that I said Foreign John and black bastard isn't racist your simply calling someone whose black as being born out of wedlock. Calling someone a nigger or a paki is racist you must be white so you wouldn't know

Now that's just fucking ridiculous, bastard is a well known derogatory term, so to call anyone a bastard is an insult. Bringing the colour of anyone's skin in to it makes it racist. I'm not even going to start on that last comment, you are an idiot of the highest order.

• Paid Members
This is really quite important. I see a lot of CVs, as most people do who build teams, and simple, stupid grammar mistakes are all that it will take to put the CV into the "no" pile. That sounds harsh, but when you're looking through a hundred CVs for one position, you need to make choices between very similar candidates, and their level of literacy is as good a place as any to make a quick decision.

If using apostrophes in the wrong place is going to lose you a job, it's not a big thing to learn, right?

We recently recruited a new Purchasing Assistant & the number of CV's I instantly binned due to basic grammar errors was well into double figures. Overly pedantic? Possibly. On the flip side I want to be able to trust that the person in the role can email a key supplier or customer without looking like a complete moron.

• Moderators
But I didn't say that I said Foreign John and black bastard isn't racist your simply calling someone whose black as being born out of wedlock. Calling someone a nigger or a paki is racist you must be white so you wouldn't know

Now that's just fucking ridiculous, bastard is a well known derogatory term, so to call anyone a bastard is an insult. Bringing the colour of anyone's skin in to it makes it racist. I'm not even going to start on that last comment, you are an idiot of the highest order.

Don't even bother! He doesn't even have a basic grasp of the simplest ideas so trying to have a discussion about something as nuanced as the idea of intention and implication in racial language is just inviting a headache on yourself.. The crib sheet approach of "this is a racist word and that is not a racist word" is just idiotic.

I understand what is racist and what isn't been a victim of it many times. If you go to the police as a black person and say someone called me a Black Bastard they wouldnt do anything. Sorry but your a idiot

Archived