The Ultimate Fighter 17: 'Team Jones vs Team Sonnen'

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?  

9 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply
whilst we're on the subject of nationalities, was it ever explained why the UFC completely ignored Ricco Rodriguez Mexican heritage when they pimped Cain as the 'first Mexican Heavyweight Champion'...we've talked about it before but i dont think we ever got to the botrom of it.

Because it wouldn't fit with them pushing Cain as the man to take them into the Mexican market?

The actual reason is Cain's parents were both full Mexicans and one of Ricco's parents was from Puerto Rico, they pushed him as the first full blooded Mexican heavyweight champion in combat sports because he was and guys like Ricco and John Ruiz in Boxing were just Latino champions.

• Paid Members
Chael on Jim Rome

His thoughts on Marquez vs Pac-Man are interesting to say the least. He is in full business mode as well.

I love Chael but he's full of shite on that one. He should stick to MMA and money laundering because, as Floyd Mayweather would say, "he don't know shit about boxing".

This whole backlash against Marquez smacks of sour grapes because he sparked the cash cow and Manny is the casual boxing fan's favourite. Marquez didn't even look much different physically, everyone was just looking for something to jump on because of Angel Hernandez dodgy past, then Larry Merchant said "new muscles" and everyone took it as gospel.

It's funny how everyone's so quick to accuse Marquez of cheating and 'poor Manny' and all that but those same people ignore how their favourite Filipino was able to somehow get stronger as he fought bigger guys.

And as far as I know Marquez agreed to random testing before the fight, Manny didn't.

Wand - I would'nt take him so seriously, he claimed in the same interview that he "passed the torch" to Anderson and his views on gun-control would raise the eyebrows of even staunch right wingers.

He was in full on gimmick mode. They do not call him Chael "The Troll" Sonnen on MMA forums for nothing.

This did creep into Lance Armstrong territory a bit though, it was funny but maybe a tad too far for some.

• Paid Members

Yeah I know Chael's a massive troll so I wasn't so much taking his comments seriously, it's just something that's rubbed me the wrong way recently where people will make every excuse under the sun for the poster boy.

Marquez passed the tests the commission carried out. He also offered to submit to random pre-fight testing, Manny declined. And after all Manny's "I'm scared of needles" stuff, for Roach and anyone else crying cheat it's a bit fucking rich.

I'm a fan of Pacquiao but people need to accept he lost. Marquez was the better man on Dec 8th. Bob Arum is already saying that if Pacquiao vs Marquez 5 happens, there'll be Olympic level testing. Marquez has already agreed.

• Paid Members

Well, as long as long as all things run smoothly, I'm heading to UFC 159 Jones vs Sonnen!!!! We are arriving into NY on the Friday night and stopping there for 5 nights.

Now, the trick of getting the tickets. Anyone been to a US event before? Can you arrange ticket collection over there?

• Paid Members
Well, as long as long as all things run smoothly, I'm heading to UFC 159 Jones vs Sonnen!!!!

i hate you.

Look for me on TV in the crowd will ya? I'll be the one in tears with my CPS T-Shirt on, distraught from witnessing my hero utterly demolished.

Look for me on TV in the crowd will ya? I'll be the one in tears with my CPS T-Shirt on, distraught from witnessing my hero utterly demolished.

The fact that you're actually going to the fight, and you'll have just been married and all that actually makes me want Sonnen to win in spectacular fashion! :laugh:

• Paid Members

The fact that you're actually going to the fight, and you'll have just been married and all that actually makes me want Sonnen to win in spectacular fashion! :laugh:

:laugh: If that we're to happen, then look for the guy in the CPS T-shirt doing this...

tumblr_mb4s50Rngl1r56j4a.gif

Archived