The Ultimate Fighter 17: 'Team Jones vs Team Sonnen'

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?  

9 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

I don't hate you lamby, in fact I think you are a very good poster and seem like an all-round swell fellow. So with that said;

Can I come? I know it's your honeymoon and all that but I promise I'll be good. I'm a short-arse as well so I'm sure I'll fit in a suitcase. Just leave the zip slightly open so I don't die.

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
I don't hate you lamby, in fact I think you are a very good poster and seem like an all-round swell fellow. So with that said;

Can I come? I know it's your honeymoon and all that but I promise I'll be good. I'm a short-arse as well so I'm sure I'll fit in a suitcase. Just leave the zip slightly open so I don't die.

Will send you the itinerary over soon Wand. I will sacrifice my clothes and belongings and will smuggle you into NY.

Knowing my luck we will see a UFC 151 again! :cry:

Edit:- Just checking tickets price for UFC events in the US...FUCK..that is all.

So they have officially announced the cast for this and it seems similar to the list in the opening post

• Dylan Andrews (16-4-1), 32, Gold Coast, Australia (via New Zealand)

• Kito Andrews (9-2), 34, Sacramento, Calif.

• Luke Barnatt (5-0), 24, Cambridge, England

• Leo Bercier (7-2), 31, Great Falls, Mont.

• Ryan Bigler (9-3), 28, Yona, Guam

• Kevin Casey (5-2), Hawthorne, Calif.

• Adam Cella (4-0), 27, Fenton, Mo.

• Zach Cummings (15-3), 28, Kansas City, Mo.

• Andy Enz (6-1), 21, Anchorage, Alaska

• Nik Fekete (5-1), 32, Las Vegas

• Kelvin Gastelum (5-0), 20, Yuma, Ariz.

• Uriah Hall (7-2), 28, New York City (via Jamaica)

• Collin Hart (4-1-1), 23, Santa Rosa, Calif.

• Clint Hester (7-3), 25, Atlanta

• Jake Heun (3-2), 25, Salt Lake City

• Mike Jasper (6-0), 29, Camarillo, Calif.

• Nicholas Kohring (3-0), 22, Valley Springs, Calif.

• Robert "Bubba" McDaniel (20-6), 29, Albuquerque, N.M.

• Fraser Opie (10-5), 29, Milton Keynes, England (via South Africa)

• Mike Persons (3-0), 28, Manteca, Calif.

• Jimmy Quinlan (3-0), 26, Metheun, Mass.

• Scott Rosa (4-1), 26, Sparks, Nev.

• Joshua Samman (9-2), 24, Tallahassee, Fla.

• Gilbert Smith Jr. (5-1), Colorado Springs, Colo.

• Eldon Sproat (3-1), 27, Molokai, Hawaii

• Tor Troeng (15-4-1), 29, Umea, Sweden

• Eric Wahlin (5-1), 29, Taylorsville, Utah

• Timothy Williams (7-1), 26, Millville, N.J.

For Reference Purposes

• Paid Members

Updated the first post now with the confirmed cast which mackie posted above. Cheers. Here's a picture of the cast...

tuf17fullcastresized.0_standard_500.0.jpg

I'm in shock. At least from what we can see there, not one mohawk. There's probably one lurking under a hat though.

I miss the days where they'd release the names and I'd spot guys that I knew of. I've heard of Zac Cummings from this lot but that's it.

Yeah, the last time I remember a proper established name trying out for TUF was Din Thomas. I think he auditioned for TUF 14 with Bisping and Mayhem coaching. Not sure why he didn't make the cut but I was disappointed because I've always liked him. He didn't even make the elimination fights for fuck's sake.

Just read that for the first time ever, this season the families of the fighters were allowed to visit the house/gym during filming. Unexpected move, wonder if it was to stop the usual few a season from wanting to quit the show due to home sickness.

It might also be in reaction to the UK team texting family members on the Smashes. I don't know if I like this. Couldn't they just give them a weekly phonecall like on TUF 4? Having wives and kids turning up to the gym and house seems a bit of a jump. I don't know, maybe it will add something to the show so I'll give it a chance. Could be distracting for the fighters though.

And with the high dickhead factor on recent seasons, I can see it leading to some knob trying to chat up another fighter's Mrs or Mom or something leading to a full scale....

di-8VE8.gif

...tantrum.

Just read that for the first time ever, this season the families of the fighters were allowed to visit the house/gym during filming. Unexpected move, wonder if it was to stop the usual few a season from wanting to quit the show due to home sickness.

Did anyone ever see the old boxing reality show The Contender? The segment where they allowed a fighters family to visit him in the dressing room before the fight, and to actually watch the bout, added drama to the show. Maybe they're aiming for the same thing here.

• Paid Members

i dont have any problem with families having contact with the fighters, there's no real reason why it shouldn't happen (outside of giving away spoiler i guess, but that can be avoided), just because they are on a reality TV show they dont have to mess with these guys mentally.

• Paid Members

Yeah I'm not necessarily against it, but I'm not a fan of all the crying and soppiness and this will no doubt lead to more of it. Might sound heartless but I don't care.

You see it on shows like Hell's Kitchen for fuck's sake. They're only cooking but you'd think they'd spent 2 months in Iraq the way they carry on when their families are brought in.

We'll see. Maybe it will add to it.

• Paid Members

Friggin 1am though. Is it really any wonder why UFC hates ESPN's coverage? There's absolutely no reason why UFC tonight is not shown. ESPN show literally 90% dog shit, and there's easily a 9pm slot available during the week.

Archived