Wrestling tshirts you would wear in public

UK Kat Von D

Pretty standard topic, but figured would be interesting to see what, if any, wrestling tshirts people wear in the real world.

I really like a few of the ones they have on http://merchnow.com/catalogs/squared-circle-clothing

470x470.jpeg

470x470.jpeg

470x470.jpeg

I have these two which I like because not only do I like CM Punk, but they aren't cringey/blatantly obvious wrestling tops like most of what WWE make

W03355.jpg

CM-Punk-In-Punk-Authentic-T-Shirt.jpg

I also have this one. I like it and its a bit retro, which I think is supposed to be cool these days

ec_fn_w_t-shirt.jpg

• Paid Members

I think i would struggle to wear a wrestling t-shirt anywhere. I just don't think i could bare a lass asking me what my t-shirt means. Maybe i possibly could wear one to the gym but off the top of my head it would only be last years Rock tee. That's just because he is idolized with most the people who i gym with and people i know there.

I would wear quite a lot if they took the "WWE Authentic Wear" bit off them. It's not even about being embarrassed or anything about liking wrestling because everyone that knows me knows I like it, it's just having the logo on the t-shirts looks absolutely horrendous.

I just don't think i could bare a lass asking me what my t-shirt means.

Girls and wrestling go well together from my experience. Whenever I used to get a girl round mine I would stick wrestling on, works better than a movie they might actually want to watch. They either will get so bored they have sex with you just so they don't have to watch it or if they like it then you have a potential girlfriend who likes wrestling. It also stops the awkward part of having to talk to them again after

• Paid Members

The whole I could only wear a wrestling shirt if it's obvioius it isn't a wrestling shirt is so fucking hilariously ridiculous and backwards. Seriously, just think about that statement for a moment, it's mad. Wrestling fans are strange really, aren't they?That first one Iun posted is class. I tend to like Lucha ones actually.

• Paid Members

There are two categories. I believe myself and Butch have had this conversation many a times. There is the unrecognisable shit, like wearing a shirt with "nWo" or "Fuji Vice" on it. Or something like La Park's mask. It doesn't look like gay wrestling, so you can represent to those who know what's going on while still going unnoticed. Then there's the stuff you can play off as "being ironic", like a Hogan shirt or a Ultimate Warrior shirt. If a conversation starts up you can do the old "I used to love him back in the day". You never go outside of this rule. Its just a bad deal. Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light. That is what happens if you are knocking about in a shirt which says "Little Jimmy" or "I Am AwesoMe" and the shirt not only screams wrestling, but looks like shite as well.As much as I like John Cena's matches and respect him as a charitable man, anyone caught dead wearing one of his shirts for anything other than a night of wanking and crying deserves the abuse.

• Paid Members

I've actually bought two John Cena t-shirts in the past, as souvenirs from live shows, then got them home and wondered what the fuck I was playing at. They've never been worn outside the house, not even to the gym.

Back in my dark days of wanking over RoH, I bought one or two of their shirts too. I've worn a RoH logo one in the gym before, because no normal people know what the fuck it is.

I think Ian has nailed it with his little assessment there. Wrestling t-shirts have either got to be super-obscure or retro/ironic cool.

For example, my favourite wrestling t-shirt has a faded out print of this image on the front:

santo_vs_vampire_women_poster_02.jpg

It looks mint and I'll happily wear that anywhere.

• Paid Members

I've never had a problem with wearing the few wrestling shirts I own in public because I'm not ashamed of the things I'm interested in.

That said, the sort of wrestling t-shirts that have a half-naked man are a definite no for me.

Currently, I occasionally wear:

w00365x8hm.jpg

p50743.jpg

And a couple of IWA Mid South ones including a logo shirt and shirts from the 2004 and 2006 TPI which I can't find pictures of.

As for modern day ones, I'd love a couple of the Punk shirts already posted.

Archived