Kay Lee Ray In Japan Thread

DannRead

Couldn't find the original thread so here's a new up to date thread concerning KLR's first trip to Japan.

IMG00300_zps1f0d33da.jpg

Kay Lee Ray arrived safely in Japan this morning!

KLR will be spending one month in Japan darting back and forth between JWP (Japan's oldest Joshi group dating back to 1992) and Gatoh Move. There may be other things that come up during her stay but trust me her schedule has her being very busy indeed. She's staying at the JWP Dojo to begin with so there will be a lot of training which she is relishing the opportunity to be a part on.

The trip came about following Pro-Wrestling:EVE "WrestleFever" this past November where KLR challenged JWP Champion and Gatoh Move founder Emi Sakura for the JWP Championship - the first time the title had been defended outside of Japan in which KayLee gave a great showing of herself. For wrestling purists this was the match of the night. Emi would later that night go on to win the Pro-Wrestling:EVE Championship. The show itself and obviously in particular KLR's match with Emi Sakura is still getting a lot of publicity in Japan.

Due to the working relationship between EVE and several promotions in Japan (that see's EVE sending talent to Japan for periods of time) we were pleased when the request for KLR came through as feel she's a great fit out there and will no doubt come back a more well rounded and even more exciting star than she was before she left.

Her first show comes this Thursday when she teams with Riho to challenge the tag team of Hailey Hatred & Kaori Yoneyama at the Gatoh Move event. The same show also see's Emi Sakura defending the EVE Championship against Hiroyo Matsumoto. With KLR being in Japan and the EVE Championship being in Japan there is a chance that KLR could challenge for the title there and return home Champion.....

I'll keep everyone updated, but I can honestly say the Joshi community are excited to have KLR as part of their events for the next month!

Kay Lee Ray will be entering the ring any moment now. She will be teaming with Riho to battle Kaori Yoneyama & Hailey Hatred at the Gatoh Move event that's already underway. On the same show the Pro-Wrestling:EVE Championship will be defended by Emi Sakura against Hiroyo Matsumoto.

Kay Lee is really enjoying herself there thus far. She's already mucking in helping put the ring up this afternoon (which trust me is a challenge as their rings are a lot more complex than ours and take a lot longer!).

KLRJAPANVENUEARRIVING_zps7a4464cd.jpg

KLRJAPANRING_zps048e6a54.jpg

Soon as the matches are over I'll post the results :-)

Kaori Yoneyama and Hailey Hatred def. Kay Lee Ray & Riho when Kaori pinned Riho with a roll-up after KLR was knocked to the outside.

In related news Emi Sakura went to a time limit draw with Hiroyo Matsumoto thus retaining her EVE Championship.

Will post pics when I receive them.

Kaori Yoneyama and Hailey Hatred def. Kay Lee Ray & Riho when Kaori pinned Riho with a roll-up after KLR was knocked to the outside.

In related news Emi Sakura went to a time limit draw with Hiroyo Matsumoto thus retaining her EVE Championship.

Any idea when we have an anouncement of when Emi's next defending the belt in the UK

Its wonderfull to see a Scottish Woman do so well overseas, the womens wrestling up here has been the best in Europe for the last couple of years.

Any idea when we have an anouncement of when Emi's next defending the belt in the UK

Its wonderfull to see a Scottish Woman do so well overseas, the womens wrestling up here has been the best in Europe for the last couple of years.

An announcement will be made soon. It's all dependent on a number of new things that have come to light.

I don't think I would say the women's wrestling in Scotland is the best in Europe because if you were to put on an all female show using just Scottish talent as good as it would be it wouldn't be as good as a show using talent from all over. Ditto matches, as good as any match involving 2 Scots is there's going to be another match out there involving 2 people from somewhere else that will be better. They're a big piece of the pie but they're not the whole pie. I personally wouldn't say any country is the best in the world neither because of the same reason. If you look at Diva-Dirt.coms choices for MOTY the two from Europe selected are Alpha v Jenny Sjodin and Alpha v Nikki Storm. Scotland is a hot bed for wrestling right now mind and IMO it is producing a higher quantity of better talent than any other country in Europe. The Source wrestling school is probably churning out more high quality female talent than any other school right now. France has a fair bit of talented individuals coming through but I must admit I'm yet to meet a French wrestler not named Andre that I particularly care for. Their structure and psychology makes Lucha look like Bret Hart v Roddy Piper from WrestleMania 8.

Anyway, I digress... photos on their way!

KLR & her partner Riho pre-show!

DSC_0194_zpsb2654acf.jpg

Show introduction

DSC_0706_zpsabaebe8b.jpg

KLR and Riho Introductions

DSC_0501_zps6fb9d32d.jpg

Figure 4 Arm Bar

DSC_0530_zps3c0ad4ba.jpg

STREAMERS!

KLRStreamers_zps121aba08.jpg

Springboard Attack

KLRSpringboard_zps9183720d.jpg

...Into a dropkick on Kaori Yoneyama

KLRspingboarddropkickKY_zps3049d748.jpg

...And one for Hailey Hatred

KLRSpringboarddropkicktoHH_zps6b8d7875.jpg

Northern Lights Suplex

KLRNorthernLightsKY_zps5980b15d.jpg

Hailey Hatred makes the save

DSC_0637_zps0b61b5d9.jpg

Hurricanrana for Hailey Hatred

KLRHurracanrana_zps36a883d1.jpg

Double Submission

Doublesubmission_zpseae3fc67.jpg

Flying Knee From Hailey Hatred To KLR

KLRHHknee_zps4c38ede4.jpg

Yoneyama pins Riho for the victory

DSC_0651_zps61d24dda.jpg

Today at Ichigaya, Kay Lee Ray teamed with Riho to go head to head with Pro-Wrestling:EVE Champion Emi Sakura and Kaori Yoneyama.

Emi Sakura & Kaori Yoneyama came out on top when the EVE Champion gained the pin-fall victory over Riho at 10:27 with La Magistral.

Tomorrow its to the famed Korakuen Hall for JWP's biggest show of their 20th year celebration as Kay Lee Ray teams with Leon to do battle with Dash Chisako & Sendai Sachiko. Leon is a bonafide main-eventer in Japan and theirs a lot of eyes on the Dash & Sachiko so this is a big time match for KLR.

Photos to follow!

On a related note the Pro-Wrestling:EVE Champion Emi Sakura will also be in action in the main event defending the JWP Championship against Arisa Nakajima plus Kaori Yoneyama vs Command Bolshoi is the semi-main event. For anyone who has an interest in Joshi tomorrow's "Climax" event at Korakuen Hall really is a hot show on paper.

CONGRATULATIONS TO KAY LEE RAY!!!

Pleased to reveal that Kay Lee Ray scored her first victory in Japan today - and what a victory it was coming at the hallowed Hall of Korakuen!

Kay Lee Ray teamed with LEON to do battle with Dash Chisako & Sendai Sachiko of the Sendai Girls promotion, a duo that are basically in the midst of a big push in Japan.

KLR scored the win in a high-flying, action packed contest with her new finishing hold the Northern Lights Suplex on DASH Chisako.

Following the match KLR took the mic and thanked the fans in attendance and also JWP and said she hoped to return. At this point JWP President Command Bolshoi made her way into the ring, congratulating and thanking Kay Lee and asking if she would like to join JWP for the remainder of her tenure in Japan. Obviously KLR accepted!

More info to come...

Here are some photos from the show earlier today:

KLRLeonEntrance_zps5eadd1a8.jpg

KLRHandshake_zps68b73cfd.jpg

ReboundSpringboardLegLariat_zps12712684.jpg

SwantonSentonCombo_zps8a2ef56a.jpg

KLRSpringboardDropkick_zps4186c53d.jpg

LEONPlancha_zpsc2e6a40e.jpg

KLRGerman_zps1f1af695.jpg

KLRNorthernLights_zps03c121fb.jpg

KLRtakesthemic_zpsf062ce30.jpg

BolshoiasksKLRtojoinJWP_zps8bfef6c8.jpg