For those of you that have stopped watching RAW,

Stealingsilver

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Oh sod off with that will you. I don't care if you haven't watched the show in years, you know that's not right, and even if you didn't, it's 2012, Google's right there, and if you take all of 6 seconds to search "WWE Albert Rio", you'd find the right name. Zero cool points for pretending not to know the name of one of the bigger current names in the WWE.

EDIT: That's not directed at David, obviously.

Yes, I could uise Google, but since I'm posting on a Blackberry I'd have to leave the post I've already written, go to Google, search the name, log back onto the UKFF, type post again and add the persons name.

And since the name was an afterthought trying to help the posters who'd replied to me and not the main body of the post, no, I didn't go to Google.

I am quite active on this forum cos I enjoy going to live wrestling shows, I've not watched WWE in years, not so much as even visit their website. I may have seen his name written, but how am I supposed to know he was one of the bigger names.

Should I know the Canadian soccer champions or the famous people in Eastenders, cos I don't watch them either.

Just thought i'd lump this in there; download the Opera browser for your Blackberry. You can have *shockhorror* multiple tabs! Innovative, no?

Anyhow, what RAW really needs for me to become a regular viewer again is the standard "Back to two hours, less emphasis on social media, less Micheal Cole, better quality writing yadada etc" but also a move back to smaller looking venues. The atmosphere during the 1999-2002 episdoes of RAW and Smackdown was quality. Not only did it looked packed but, due to the size of the arena, everyone had a decent view and the acoustics are much better. Just one look at the RAW in Birmingham this year will tell you that; sub-par episode in terms of content but you didn't care as the crowd were enjoying themselves and it looked packed to the brim.

Think about everything you see on today's RAW and add in the 99'-'02 look, sound and feel. There would be tons of memoral moments (Hornswoggle is the GM? Wow, awesome!) because of the presentation.

Silly question, but is there a 1 hour Raw recap, not like Superstars or whatever but an actual show condensed into an hour, online and easily watchable? Would watch that rather than staying up for or downloading and skipping the most parts of 3 hours of Raw

The Thursday/Friday repeats of Raw are cut to 2 hours and are far more palatable. Half the struggle with Raw is just trawling through the massive US ad breaks. They're all cut along with really minor stuff that you won't miss.

If they did it on Tuesday night, I'd record it instead of the live edition as it's such a pain in the arse.

• Paid Members

In a similar vein to the finding an alternative Raw watch than the full 3 hours, is that it takes up mammoth room on your planner. All the WWE shows seem to, even just the 2 hour shows. Whereas films and other 2 hour programs don't seem to take up nearly as much. Why the fuck is that!?

• Paid Members
In a similar vein to the finding an alternative Raw watch than the full 3 hours, is that it takes up mammoth room on your planner. All the WWE shows seem to, even just the 2 hour shows. Whereas films and other 2 hour programs don't seem to take up nearly as much. Why the fuck is that!?

Stuff recorded in HD usually takes up a much larger amount of space, might be that?

Though I am still an avid viewer of RAW (more through routine than enjoyment) there's still many ways that could get me back to enjoying what I'm watching.

Firstly, scrap both WWE and World Heavyweight Titles and make one new main title. The WWE Title is fucking ugly and shambolic and the World Heavyweight Title is still the WCW Title. Plus, two major titles worked while it was brand restricted but since that has, all but officially, gone out the window, it still annoys me that there's two major titles. When was the last time the World Heavyweight Title was even a main event on a pay-per-view anyway? Just one major title should be about in my opinion. And if that means bringing an old title back or creating a new one then so be it, but I don't like two top dogs. On the subject of titles, I'd also like to see the light-heavyweight title brought back.

Secondly, scrap Jerry Lawler off or at least make him a heel loving commentator again. I will always love "The King" and even now he can sometimes make me laugh, but he was much better with JR as a heel. Cole doesn't know if he's coming or going and one match is all over the heels then the next the face - it's just shit. And in place of Lawler, get JBL on because he's fucking comical. Though they wouldn't, I'd actually like to see JBL and William Regal do RAW.

Thirdly, make matches like street fights, no holds barred, counts fall anywhere etc actually do what the title suggests. In the good old days. the number of different weapons under the ring and the number of different parts of the arena (or sometimes even entire city) they would fight in would excite people. Now it seems they're afraid to even go backstage let alone the banks of the Mississippi River. And the only weapon that gets used regularly is a chair. Apart from Triple H matches, I can't recall a sledgehammer being used in donkeys years. It just seems like nowadays, those type of matches don't have half as much buzz around them as they used to.

Fourthly, scrap the fucking "team" names. I'm not talking about not giving tag teams names because I prefer that to just two names put together like Kofi Kingston & R-Truth or Sin Cara & Rey Mysterio (cue for somebody to give me a lecture about Edge & Christian) but "Team" Hell No, "Team" CoBro, "Team" Rhodes Scholars aren't needed. Cody and Sandow especially could of easily just been called Rhodes Scholars. "Team" Hell No could of easily been called anything better.

Fifthly, scrap the fucking "voting" as it's painfully obvious it's all fixed anyway. Miz wants to make a face turn and he just so happens to win the vote to be on Team Foley at Survivor Series. Daniel Bryan is trending world wide but Kane still wins the vote? Yeah that makes sense. And on the subject of voting, scrap the entire social media bollocks all together. The night of the slammy's, they spent more time telling us about their latest fucking app where you go to vote when it doesn't matter anyway than they did actually wrestling.

That should do it for now, though there's probably more I'd ideally like to see changed.

Firstly, scrap both WWE and World Heavyweight Titles and make one new main title.

What's the point of scrapping two belts which can be argued to have a lot of history for something which doesn't? There's no good point here at all.

Thirdly, make matches like street fights, no holds barred, counts fall anywhere etc actually do what the title suggests. In the good old days. the number of different weapons under the ring and the number of different parts of the arena (or sometimes even entire city) they would fight in would excite people. Now it seems they're afraid to even go backstage let alone the banks of the Mississippi River. And the only weapon that gets used regularly is a chair. Apart from Triple H matches, I can't recall a sledgehammer being used in donkeys years. It just seems like nowadays, those type of matches don't have half as much buzz around them as they used to

Wrestling shows are only ever great when they're variety acts. Fuck making all the matches the same. It'd be boring as shit.

Firstly, scrap both WWE and World Heavyweight Titles and make one new main title.

What's the point of scrapping two belts which can be argued to have a lot of history for something which doesn't? There's no good point here at all.

Thirdly, make matches like street fights, no holds barred, counts fall anywhere etc actually do what the title suggests. In the good old days. the number of different weapons under the ring and the number of different parts of the arena (or sometimes even entire city) they would fight in would excite people. Now it seems they're afraid to even go backstage let alone the banks of the Mississippi River. And the only weapon that gets used regularly is a chair. Apart from Triple H matches, I can't recall a sledgehammer being used in donkeys years. It just seems like nowadays, those type of matches don't have half as much buzz around them as they used to

Wrestling shows are only ever great when they're variety acts. Fuck making all the matches the same. It'd be boring as shit.

Because it'd still be called the WWE Title. It just wouldn't be the fucking ugly title that the WWE champion has had to carry round for the past seven or eight years. You do realise the WWE championship has changed designs but not it's name don't you? Therefore it wouldn't lose it's history.

And who said make every match the same? Nobody.

I simply said make matches such as street fights, no holds barred, counts fall anywhere etc more interesting by actually having them do what the match name suggests or call it a "one chair shot, twenty seconds on the ramp, pin in the ring" match. As it stands now, the matches are more samey than they ever have been which is why they're boring as shit now.

Archived