For those of you that have stopped watching RAW,

Stealingsilver

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Make it shorter, I find it hard sometimes to dedicate 2 hours to watching RAW nevermind 3

Also make more characters and personalities of the undercard. I know people go on about the attitude era too much, but I brought WWE 13 because I enjoyed all the characters. Personally I wasnt a massive massive fan of Stone Cold, but my fave was Kane, I loved the Godfather and Goldust, X Pac I could go on.

It seems like in WWE all they focus on is the main event and if an undercard act does start to get popular they push them straight to the main event and then they eventually get squashed and go back to being nothing. Not everybody has to be a headline act, some of the greats; Million Dollar Man, Jake the Snake, Big Boss Man, never made it to the top gold but were still dominant in the upper mid card. Nobody is protected anymore, Zack Ryder could of been a perfect popular, dominant mid card act.

• Paid Members

I thought it was legit enjoyable tv, not just wrestling tv either and I'm usually negative about WWE. The opening 10 minutes with the song and the cute animation and then the Santa swerve was great stuff. The tree falling on his head was the hardest I've laughed at a WWE thing in years, maybe ever.I really want to see a RAW:the Musical edition now.

I got round to watching it and so glad I did. The Santa thing and teddy during the main event were two of the funniest things I've seen on WWE for some time.

• Paid Members

I decided about 2005 after the exploitation of Eddie Guerrero I would never watch WWE again.

Since then. I have seen a couple of clips here and there round people's houses, but I've often though they were shite anyway. Things like Pee Wee Herman, Spanish Stereotypes reenacting Tango and Cash or Kane chokeslamming someone in a carpark onto some mats.

I'll not be a regular watcher anytime soon.

I decided about 2005 after the exploitation of Eddie Guerrero I would never watch WWE again.

Since then. I have seen a couple of clips here and there round people's houses

Well in honour of Eddie's memory, you should've made them change the channel. Half-boycotts will never teach them to stop exploiting dead wrestlers.

Spanish Stereotypes reenacting Tango and Cash

I can't remember what this is referring to. It sounds good but it probably wasn't.

• Paid Members

Since then. I have seen a couple of clips here and there round people's houses

Well in honour of Eddie's memory, you should've made them change the channel. Half-boycotts will never teach them to stop exploiting dead wrestlers.

I can't remember what this is referring to. It sounds good but it probably wasn't.

Nothing to do with teaching anyone a lesson, just to do with me not wanting to watch anymore.

I don't know what Tango and Cash is, but the time period makes me think he could be referring to the Mexicools. Or Hunico and Camacho. Or Chavo at some point. Boy, WWE sure love those Spanish stereotypes.

They're all Mexican stereotypes, not Spanish. And Tango and Cash is a fantastic late eighties action film about two framed cops overcoming the odds to clear their names. I'm guessing whatever it was he's thinking of was guest host related, I just can't recall it whatsoever.

• Paid Members
They're all Mexican stereotypes, not Spanish. And Tango and Cash is a fantastic late eighties action film about two framed cops overcoming the odds to clear their names. I'm guessing whatever it was he's thinking of was guest host related, I just can't recall it whatsoever.

There's a bit in Tango and Cash where Kurt Russell interrogates someone by putting a chair over their throat and sitting on it.

Is there a guy called Albert Rio or something?

There's a bit in Tango and Cash where Kurt Russell interrogates someone by putting a chair over their throat and sitting on it.

Is there a guy called Albert Rio or something?

Okay, I understand that you don't watch WWE anymore, but you're still fairly active on this forum, yeah? Surely you'd know that his name is Alberto Del Rio?

Oh sod off with that will you. I don't care if you haven't watched the show in years, you know that's not right, and even if you didn't, it's 2012, Google's right there, and if you take all of 6 seconds to search "WWE Albert Rio", you'd find the right name. Zero cool points for pretending not to know the name of one of the bigger current names in the WWE.

EDIT: That's not directed at David, obviously.

• Paid Members
Oh sod off with that will you. I don't care if you haven't watched the show in years, you know that's not right, and even if you didn't, it's 2012, Google's right there, and if you take all of 6 seconds to search "WWE Albert Rio", you'd find the right name. Zero cool points for pretending not to know the name of one of the bigger current names in the WWE.

EDIT: That's not directed at David, obviously.

Yes, I could uise Google, but since I'm posting on a Blackberry I'd have to leave the post I've already written, go to Google, search the name, log back onto the UKFF, type post again and add the persons name.

And since the name was an afterthought trying to help the posters who'd replied to me and not the main body of the post, no, I didn't go to Google.

I am quite active on this forum cos I enjoy going to live wrestling shows, I've not watched WWE in years, not so much as even visit their website. I may have seen his name written, but how am I supposed to know he was one of the bigger names.

Should I know the Canadian soccer champions or the famous people in Eastenders, cos I don't watch them either.

Can we get back to talking about how the Christmas Eve RAW was the greatest wrestling show of all time and ignore this boring conversation? I'm only an hour through it but it's all perfect. We need a musical episode of RAW, it'd mark the start of the next boom period. Let's have singing, and folklore characters, and more muppets (that clip from TttT looked great), and more crazy lighting like we get for Sin Cara, and evil wrestlers who live in CGI castles and storylines where characters actually react in their own ways and people wearing hats. It saddens me that in the first hour of this show they get everything that's right about wrestling and yet next week they'll probably have long serious matches between people with proper names. If there was a wrestling show like this with lucha characters running around (thus covering bland faces and meaning we don't have people called 'Cody', what's a 'Cody' anyway?) and super humans like Cena and Ryback and dastardly villains like somebody who runs over Santa and The Shield it'd be awesome. It'd be entertainment.

• Paid Members
Should I know the Canadian soccer champions or the famous people in Eastenders, cos I don't watch them either.

Because we're always talking about those subjects here too.

The Christmas Eve Raw was indeed fabulous. Just great fun, made me think of that Attack! Show Lister bigged up. The first bits with the Santa angle were superfun to watch, everyone in the crowd and all the wrestlers just having a barrel of laughs with it. Cena fighting corpsing, Booker and then Cenas battle cry were just tremendous. Funniest bits of the year, Bookers delivery of 'Do it for Santa John, do it for Santa.' and Cenas reaction will crack me up for years. Del Rio was fantastic throughout too. A brilliant straight man to all the ridiculous antics going on around him. I think he's found his calling.

They should keep hold of Foley just to do this sort of stuff with him as Santa every year. Next Christmas Dolph super kicks him and throws him through a glass window.

Archived