Impact 14/12/12 (Spoliers and that)

Benno

• Paid Members

As has been the case recently, mixed bag for Impact. I really don't get Aces aand 8's jobbing so easily again. It'd be fine if they weren't going to persist with this shit being the focus of the show, but they're such a gang of scrubs at this point.

Bully/Jesse I actually quite enjoyed. Jesse doing the basics but doing them well. I think there is something there with him. Bully is my candidate for wrestler of the year at this point. I think his work as a babyface has been just as strong as his heel stuff this year. He's been a revelation, despite this Hogan shit, and the fact he shouldn't really be a face. He's making it work though.

I liked alot of the backstage stuff this week, despite Angle quite clearly acting as drug dealer to poor impressionable Wes and Garrett. Hopefully Joe Park at OVW was just a teaser for the real segments they've shot. There's bags of potential in a series of videos of him doing drills with the other guys, Louie Theroux style. I also really enjoyed the post-match promos recorded from after the PPV, Joe and Daniels especially were great reflecting on their matches. AJ doing the Diesel "black glove" promo was also quite good, as was Daniels/Kaz reaction to it, although we never did find out what Kaz got Daniels for Christmas.

I'm not particually excited for Jeff/Aries next week although I guess them wrestling right away rather than doing any more promos is a good thing. The fuck was the deal with Taz chuckling right through the whole thing tough? Between that and him telling Todd he needs to "get a personality", Taz was at his absolute worst tonight. He needs to just fucking go away.

Also, you could almost feel all the pervs tuning into the show for Velvet Sky's arse, tuning out as soon as that Wes/Garrett vs Robbies match was announced as being next. Almost certain the quarter hour ratings will reflect that (as they always do with the Knockout segments).

I got a few months worth on sky+ but everytime i watch them i only really have watch it or fast forward looking for something interesting, My mate who doesnt even like wrestling watches tna more then me.

I imagine most are bored with the never-ending, never-progressing Aces and Eights guff. Certainly a big reason why I've lost interest in the TNA product.

Taz is shite.

This is my reasoning too. They are shite, nobody cares. Unmask them all, have some decent guys under there and stop fucking losing you big heaps of shit. I love Kazarian and Daniels though and theres plenty of other stuff thats enjoyable but its hard to care in that stuff when Aces and Eights are completely crap.

Could we go back to having UK pace threads? I'd be more likely to read them if they coincided with when things are actually on tv over here.

Obviously, this was on last night, but generally recently it's all been spoilers.

Archived