WWE Raw 10/12/2012 *spoilers*

Shane O' Mac Version 2

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dean Ambrose looks about 45. It really fucking bothers me.

Aye, I was shocked to read he's 27 (according to Wiki anyway).

I like The Shield, but I've no idea what Ambrose is showing that gives some people the gooey feeling about him specifically. Not bad, actually pretty great. But he's getting some pretty big compliments getting thrown about for him that I really don't quite understand.

I was in the same mindset until I saw the new video. Funny how one performance can change your opinion on a performer. To me, he just seems to really embrace and believe in his character as part of the Shield, which in turn draws me in to believe and invest in the characters. By contrast, Seth Rollins comes off a bit awkward and unnatural, like he's just memorised lines, the character doesn't suit him. Ambrose comes off as anti-establishment yet intelligent, which gives the group depth as they seem like more than random thugs who attack everybody. Reigns is doing a stellar job as well with his part. Haven't seen Reigns on NXT but he absolutely looks like he could be a big star down the road, at least aesthetically.

I always watch raw on 1channel if I can which cuts out all the adds and repeated video packages. This week was pretty much a straight recording and the amount of add time/pointless video packages ruined my enjoyment of it. I have no idea how anyone could watch it like that. I enjoyed punks bit and dolph ziggler was the only thing that made the main event watchable for me. That just shows how bad the announcing team is and how desperately they need to replace cole and lawler. I also have no interest in AJ or Vickie all together and wish they would jut fuck off TV now. Enjoying the shield/ryback stuff and I hope they find a way to keep it all fresh

• Paid Members

Agreed with those mentioning Ambrose, mentioned before that his style seems a bit too try-hard to me currently (this is also going by checking out some of his pre-WWE promos) and I too don't see quite why there's such a fuss over him just yet.

Surprised at the praise for Dolph on commentary, I thought he was pretty lousy and messy and was disappointed with his performance as, as Cole even mentioned earlier in the show he's proved to be naturally quite witty in the past.

Nothing much else to report on, it was great watching the cogs turn in Codys head trying to suss what the crowd were chanting and then having a little smirk when it finally dropped. Love little moments like that.

Seems an unusual but possibly interesting direction but the booking is telling me AJ is gonna hook up with Dolph Sunday. They keep pushing the 'stealing your girlfriend' thing with Dolph, there's a clear awkwardness and reluctance from Cena with AJ with her being so desperate and clingy. And she's doing the crazy again and had a history of jumping from one guy to the next. And Vickie has put Dolph in some unfavourable situations. I don't know how that would all work out, if it would end up making AJ heel or Dolph face but I can see AJ causing Cena to lose Sunday in some form by getting herself involved and appearing an accident, with it eventually being revealed she's now with Dolph, which could lead to Dolph ditching Vickie.

• Paid Members

I much prefer Ambrose in WWE so far to any of this FCW stuff I've seen. At the minute he seems a little like he's unhinged but all-there in the head. The FCW stuff I've seen of him, he looks like a cross between super gormless and mentally disabled.

• Paid Members

Re : Ziggler/Vickie, It's never been explicitly stated they're a couple, has it? Vickie has come across as being into him, but I don't think it's reciprocal. They're certainly nowhere near the Vickie/Edge status.

throwup.gif

Re : Ziggler/Vickie, It's never been explicitly stated they're a couple, has it? Vickie has come across as being into him, but I don't think it's reciprocal. They're certainly nowhere near the Vickie/Edge status.

throwup.gif

There was a bit about 3 weeks ago where he was about to move in for a kiss/hug/something but Vickie shooed him away and said something like "not in front of the cameras" or something. That's the only time I can remember any hint of anything between them in the last 6 months.

Someone needs to make a gif of Vinces dance as he walked out.

He's stealing Johnny Curtis' gimmick, damn him!

Speaking of which, did I miss it or did no Fandango vignette air this week? Hope they haven't ditched the character before it's even debuted. After 6 years in developmental/treading water/NXT, Curtis deserves a break in my opinion.

• Paid Members
Someone needs to make a gif of Vinces dance as he walked out.

He's stealing Johnny Curtis' gimmick, damn him!

Speaking of which, did I miss it or did no Fandango vignette air this week? Hope they haven't ditched the character before it's even debuted. After 6 years in developmental/treading water/NXT, Curtis deserves a break in my opinion.

Yeah, but that gimmick has 'future endeavoured' stamped all over it. I love cartoon gimmicks, but if they give you one these days, you're pretty much destined to jerk the curtain on Superstars until you're relieved of your duties in the next roster cull.

throwup.gif

They were very much a couple at one point. Then they split up and continued a business relationship. I'm not sure of the timeline exactly. I think they split up during the girls season of NXT, when Dolph cheated on Vickie with Kaitlyn.

Archived