TNA Final Resolution Discussion Thread

Forrest

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If anyone's desperate for a logical kayfabe explanation of that, I've been going with "Hardy's the only wrestler pretentious enough to suggest that to the production team".

It's a reasonable guess.

I think it might be that poor Jeff simply isn't capable of both having a camera pointed at him, and talking at the same time, without resorting to making up silly new words and sounding like a retard. I like to think they record the audio bits for his "magic talking brain" in a darkened shed or something a few days later, after Jeff's taken some lovely drugs to chill him out a bit.

It's hilariously shit, and sticks out like a face-painted sore thumb in Impact's otherwise (by wrestling standards) quite realistic presentation.

• Paid Members

Yeah, that's precisely what I don't like about it. You'd think they'd know what parts of their product were a good thing, and Impact's habit of backstage segments looking like a fly-on-the-wall documentary is one of its greatest strengths. Undercutting that with Psychic Hardy Cam is unfathomably bizarre.

• Paid Members

The Hardy thing is awful. I hate it with a passion. What's the point in being live, if they are telling people they tape the backstage stuff. At least they could have had a bit of fun with it. Have Mickie James walk past and have Hardy go "look at the arse on that".

Or better yet, have Jason Hervey on screen and have the voice from the Wonder Years have a speech over it.

72045.jpg

"I thought my career was over. Things weren't going to well for me. Then I saw that Garrett vs Wes Brisco match and thought 'life could be much worse'".

• Awards Moderator
I'm hoping we'll chance upon Hardy sleeping backstage and get transported into his dream. An animated, technicolour landscape of trippy hippy shit, where he's being led on a vision-quest to find out who the Aces & Eights are by his dead burnt dog.

I'd love that. I'm envisioning this

6939043391_aa798d1def.jpg

with Jeff instead of Homer. Coupled with a side order of this

22281ozthe-wizard-of-oz-posters2.jpg

with Matt Hardy playing either the Scarecrow, Tin Man, Lion or Toto, I can't decide which one he's best suited to...

Anyway, I'd watch.

I'm still unsure how Hardy even wrestles any more. Pretty much his entire offence consists oh him landing on his arse at high velocity. Look at how fucked Hogan is just from one legdrop a match. Hardy's lower back must be a mess.

He really is miserably shit face though, well for me anyway. I hate him, but I do admire his popularity and merchandise selling prowess, and can see why TNA keep him about on top. But the Hardy voiceover, well, it's just terrible.

They let Hardy get away with far too much. WWE wouldn't have it. Coincicentally, he came across as a much more likeable top face in WWE.

I couldn't agree more with this. For the many people who don't watch TNA, if they were to tune in and see Hardy I'm sure they would be shocked at just how weird he is.

Everything he does character wise in TNA is just so unlikeable.

Finally watched some of this.

I think Aries and Bully might have had the two best PPV matches I've seen this year. Both their first one and this one were just fantastic, and that's even more amazing if you consider they've switched face/heel roles in between.

This is how I like my pro wrestling - everything in the match is done for a reason. Their styles complement each other just perfectly. Bully Ray in this singles run has just... got it.

Archived