TNA Final Resolution Discussion Thread

Forrest

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I enjoyed it myself. RVd/Kenny was good and Aries/Bully and Daniels/Styles were great. Main event was underwhelming but Hardy took the usual nasty looking bumps. The only let down, as usual, was all the Ace and 8s shit. There was no progression with the angle and the Wes Brisco thing was a double swerve. And they lost again. The end for the AJ/Daniels match was perfect for the way they're going with AJ's character.

• Paid Members

Main event, AJ and Daniels and Bully and AJ were good, but the crowd were obviously there for a Sunday night out, because I'm a Celebrity had finished or something. They were dead for most of the night. Nothing much else happened. A load of pointless filler and the Aces and Eights angle didn't progress again. Nobody was unmasked, nobody turned heel. Which made you wonder what the point in the 8 man was? They did the job as well, which was a bit daft when they stood tall at the end of the night. Kurt tore his groin as well, so thats no good.

Decent if not very missable PPV.

• Paid Members

I forgot it was on until after it had finished else I'd have watched it. Reading the results, the only thing that was notable is the risible billing of "One Final Time" between Styles and Daniels. What bollocks. They'll wrestle again, probably inside the next twelve months.

Daniels winning - and in seemingly convincing manner - really surprised me though. What next for Daniels I wonder?

I enjoyed it. Aries/Bully, Styles/Daniels and Roode/Hardy were all very good. I enjoyed RVD/King, but felt it didn't flow as much as the other 3 matches mentioned and looked sloppy in parts. Still thought King came out looking good and should definitely be used more.

The Aces & 8's thing is really frustrating though. Letting TNA down at the moment I feel.

Not gonna lie, would love Daniels to be next in line for a shot at Hardy.

Wasn't too interested or excited for this. One big reason, which was nothing to do with TNA, was because I attended the PCW show in Preston, which kind of left me wrestled out.

Kenny King vs RVD was great, despite the X division and title not getting much hype up time. I'll say this, its improved since the Ion vs RVD feud, but it could still use some interviews and vignettes. If they could just put as much time in to hyping an X Division title match as they do Gut Check for 1 show it would be better.

I really prefer the dynamic of Bully Ray being a heel and Aries being the face. It was still a very good effort, but I don't want to boo Aries, even if he is roughing up Brooke Hogan.

As others have said, that Aces and Eights match went nowhere! I noticed Wes saved DOC from getting hammered, so I can see that coming up when he's revealed as being the member with long hair. I wonder if Garrett is in on this as well?

I like Roode and Hardy, but I wasn't really up for seeing another single's match between them. As good as Roode is, Aries just had 2 fantastic matches against Hardy, so this in comparison felt like regression.

With Aces and Eights attacking both guys after the main event, I would like to see Aces & Eights vs Angle, Joe, Garrett or Wes, Jeff Hardy, Bobby Roode, Magnus and Eric Young. It would be an interesting story of TNA rivals having to coexist and it would leave the card quite free for an X Division title match and maybe even a contendership match.

These Impact Zone PPV's are just an irrelevance to me. Hopefully cutting down on their quantity means they will be a thing of the past.

How i feel to be honest.

Impact zone is fine for TV, i wouldn't mess with that yet apart from the odd show, but PPV's need to be in real arena's with real fans.

I enjoyed most of the show.

The bonus Kaz/Storm match was fine, and Kaz was good on the mic before the match too. Storm is a dull as shit face though. You like beer and you are a redneck - yeah, we get it.

RVD and Kenny was really good. A fun match between people we haven't seen fight 400 times already. That's what PPVs should be for. Shame there was no build-up, but when the match delivers I can deal with that. why did they change Kenny's music though? It was good before he disappeared for a bit, now it's awful.

The Bully/A Double match was bloody great. Loved the spot where Bully blocked the dive to the outside by just sticking his boot into Aries' face. Nice cunty win for AA too, which was good.

The Styles/Daniels match was also top notch stuff. For the shit they get for wrestling all the time, at least they know each other well enough to have very different matches each time (when it counts). Told a really good story, had some nasty stand-out spots and the correct result. Another great match.

Didn't give two shits about the tag match. Morgan and Ryan looked like the gayest tag team since Chuck and Billy, and I don't think that's the idea? Chavo and Hernandez are bland as hell faces. Chavo only works as a heel for me.

The Aces & Eights tag had a good last two minutes, but the rest was just "meh". Bunch of crappy midcarders under hoods. Who cares! They need to start pulling triggers with all this shit, it's getting very boring.

Main event was pretty good, but rather underwhelming. Hardy's matches are always pretty strong, but the build-up is always shit as the bloke can't cut a promo to save his life. I wish people would stop buying his merch so he could either go away for a while or at least be out of the main event. Give me Bully, Roode, Aries, even Joe, RVD and Styles over Hardy every month. The Jeff hardy "the audience can hear his mind" deal is the single shitest thing in all of wrestling.

On the while though, thumbs up. 2 or 3 really, really good matches and nothing that stank.

• Paid Members
any idea who the smaller masked guy was on the aces and eights team?

According to the news sites:

The local indy wrestler that played one of the masked wrestlers in Aces and 8's Sunday night at the Final Resolution PPV was C.J. O'Doyle. As noted, O'Doyle is not expected to be part of the group long term and was just brought in for the night.

• Paid Members
A load of pointless filler and the Aces and Eights angle didn't progress again. Nobody was unmasked, nobody turned heel. Which made you wonder what the point in the 8 man was? They did the job as well, which was a bit daft when they stood tall at the end of the night.

It's bizarre how slowly they're moving it along. The only thing moving forward out of the Aces and Eights stuff was Brisco noticeably not getting mixed up in it too much, and spearing Doc out of the way when Angle was going at him with the hammer. Looks like he'll be the next one unmasked, which means we probably won't get anything tremendously interesting until after January. So you've got a faction becoming more and more involved at the start of the year, which means they'll probably drag it out until Lockdown. Sigh.

Archived