NZB's

Steve Justice

So my usual source for downloads (NZBMatrix) has shut down, I've heard that Newzbin has shut down and my backup source (NZBsRUs) is currently unavailable. Is this the end for NZB downloading?

I could see the problems were occurring last week when a lot of new uploads were being deleted an hour after appearing on numerous sites.

I'm sure new sites will start to appear at some point, but if they are really starting to crack down on this now then I don't really see them lasting.

Anyone use this method of downloading? What sites do you use? Are they still available?

This wouldn't be a problem if US TV shows were played at the same time or at the very least the same week as in the UK.

I can't think of any show other than Raw which isn't held over by some ridiculous delay, or even played in the UK at all.

When, for example, is the newest series of Dexter shown on UK tv? Parks & Recreation isn't even on at all.

Just got back home from a long birthday weekend & the PCW show to find NZBMatrix has gone, now I'm buggered since it was the only site I'd use for NZB's. I've noticed the new downloads being deleted rather quickly, anymore info on those or are they just very quick DMCA takedowns?

Just got back home from a long birthday weekend & the PCW show to find NZBMatrix has gone, now I'm buggered since it was the only site I'd use for NZB's. I've noticed the new downloads being deleted rather quickly, anymore info on those or are they just very quick DMCA takedowns?

Yeah, I've noticed it with certain things that seem to be taken down. I think using newsgroups to download might not be worth it any more.

• 6 months later...

Archived