Runner up: El Ligero [22.39%]

Best British Promotion

Winner: Preston City Wrestling [38.18%]

Runner up: Insane Championship Wrestling [12.73%]

Best British Match

Winner: El Ligero vs Akira Tozawa - PCW Guild Wars [66.67%]

Runner up: MK McKinnon vs Eddie Edwards (ladder match) - FCP Infinity [12.82%]

• Paid Members
I thought I'd start knocking that together Genny, seeing as it's a bit of a slow morning here and Ronnie has been working his ass off like a muhfucker and quite frankly deserves a break. I will continue to do so unless Ronnie tells me to back the fuck up, and Ronnie of course copy and paste into first post / new pinned thread as you see appropriate.

Thank you! Man, I was going to do that last night, as well as little charts showing the results and how they compared with the noms (ie X won with Y% but only got Z% of the noms when compared with the ballot items) but my eyes were all over the place after recording the final scores in preparation for those charts. It seems like overkill now, though I may do it for some of the more interesting cases, where an item which barely made the ballot dominated in the voting and vice versa.

Thanks again for stepping in and bailing me out.

Yes and no - freakish long-term memory, utter shit short-term.

Same here. My long-term memory is ridiculous, to the point that when an old friend was taken to A&E after a suicide attempt I was able to give ward staff all his details, including his parents' phone number, even though I'd not rung it since 1999.

But my short-term memory has become abysmal, especially over the last year. I've had a few absent-minded episodes (finding the kettle in the fridge, coffee in with the cutlery) but the thing that really made me jolt instead of shrug happened when doing a memory game on the DS. It was something along the lines of taking five minutes to learn a list of 30 words, and then naming as many as possible in three minutes. I got four.

Since then it's degenerated even further, to the point where I was leading a discussion weekend in November and on two occasions started to make a point only to have to stop about twenty seconds in and apologise for not being able to remember what I wanted to say. My parents visited the other day and twice in a minute I had to pause midsentence because I couldn't remember the word "compost bin".

I'd be worried but it's not necessarily doom and gloom. A few weeks back we got a new TV and I set up an old laptop to it, experimenting with different operating systems and so frequently having to enter the code for the broadband. I didn't want to keep walking back and forth to the router and so made a conscious decision to remember it and I can still remember it now. So I suspect I've got to relearn how to focus on things, which is something of a lost art considering I'm normally attached to a laptop with several tabs open on the browser, usually several emails partially written at the same time, and an Excel sheet, some coding or a report waiting for me. On the rare occasions we watch TV I have to read at the same time or do some work because I can't focus anymore on just the one thing. So that'll be the culprit, I reckon.

• Moderators

Love the sound of the graphs and charts Ronnie.. that would be sweet.

Best of Pro Wrestling 2012

Best Wrestler

Winner: Daniel Bryan [35.85%]

Runner up: CM Punk [30.19%]

Best Match

Winner: Brock Lesnar vs John Cena - Extreme Rules [35.33%]

Runner up: The Undertaker vs HHH [23.33%]

Best Event

Winner: Extreme Rules (WWE) [32.76%]

Runner up: Wrestlemania (WWE) [25.86%]

Best Wrestling TV Show

Winner: Impact Wrestling [34.72%]

Runner up: WWE RAW [31.94%]

Best Feud

Winner: CM Punk vs John Cena [21.64%]

Runner up: John Cena vs The Rock [20.15%]

Best Moment

Winner: Lesnar's surprise return to RAW [34.88%]

Runner up: Brock Lesnar draws blood moments into his match with Cena [12.4%]

Best Promo

Winner: John Cena alongside Bret Hart and Punk and John Cena brings back the Doctor of Thuganomics, tied [19.05 each%]

Runner up: Daniel Bryan interrupts The Rock and CM Punk after his failed wedding [17.46%]

Best Babyface

Winner: John Cena [35.61%]

Runner up: Ryback [21.21%]

Best Heel

Winner: CM Punk [36.03%]

Runner up: Bully Ray [17.65%]

Funniest Moment

Winner: Kane and Daniel Bryan - Anger Management [46.96%]

Runner up: Hand Henry on RAW 1000 [13.04%]

Best Tag Team

Winner: Team Hell No [52.63%]

Runner up: Kazarian & Daniels [36.84%]

Best Performance

Winner: Daniel Bryan for overall delivery and "YES" chant [35.76%]

Runner up: Kane & Daniel Bryan - Anger Management [13.25%]

Best Bang for your Buck

Winner: Dolph Ziggler [34.68%]

Runner up: Antonio Cesaro [16.13%]

Best Non-Wrestler

Winner: Paul Heyman [33.33%]

Runner up: Joseph Park [22.7%]

Best Wrestling Art

Winner: Attitude DVD [36.79%]

Runner up: No Way Out [29.25%]

• Moderators

Worst of Pro Wrestling 2012

Worst Wrestler

Loser: Lord Tensai [25.85%]

Runner up: The Great Khali [18.37%]

GTFO

Loser: Mr Anderson [26.87%]

Runner up: Vickie Guerrero [20.15%]

Worst Event

Loser: No Way Out (WWE) [28.07%]

Runner up: Hell in a Cell (WWE) [22.81%]

Biggest Anti-Climax

Loser: Jericho's underwhelming comeback [21.68%]

Runner up: Sheamus vs Daniel Bryan at Wrestlemania lasts 18 seconds [13.99%]

Boom! That should be the lot. It's hard for me to do a crosscheck whilst at work, so if you spot any errors please let me know, although hopefully I'll get a chance to do one this evening.

Was there no Worst Match award this year, then?

• Paid Members
Yes and no - freakish long-term memory, utter shit short-term.

Same here. My long-term memory is ridiculous, to the point that when an old friend was taken to A&E after a suicide attempt I was able to give ward staff all his details, including his parents' phone number, even though I'd not rung it since 1999.

But my short-term memory has become abysmal, especially over the last year. I've had a few absent-minded episodes (finding the kettle in the fridge, coffee in with the cutlery) but the thing that really made me jolt instead of shrug happened when doing a memory game on the DS. It was something along the lines of taking five minutes to learn a list of 30 words, and then naming as many as possible in three minutes. I got four.

Since then it's degenerated even further, to the point where I was leading a discussion weekend in November and on two occasions started to make a point only to have to stop about twenty seconds in and apologise for not being able to remember what I wanted to say. My parents visited the other day and twice in a minute I had to pause midsentence because I couldn't remember the word "compost bin".

I'd be worried but it's not necessarily doom and gloom. A few weeks back we got a new TV and I set up an old laptop to it, experimenting with different operating systems and so frequently having to enter the code for the broadband. I didn't want to keep walking back and forth to the router and so made a conscious decision to remember it and I can still remember it now. So I suspect I've got to relearn how to focus on things, which is something of a lost art considering I'm normally attached to a laptop with several tabs open on the browser, usually several emails partially written at the same time, and an Excel sheet, some coding or a report waiting for me. On the rare occasions we watch TV I have to read at the same time or do some work because I can't focus anymore on just the one thing. So that'll be the culprit, I reckon.

I've decided to get back to learning Mandarin - I always wanted to speak it, but somebody mentioned to me a couple of weeks ago that it's a particularly good language for the brain, as tonal languages require you to use both hemispheres. Given your linguistic abilities, perhaps that would be worth a shot?

• Paid Members
I've decided to get back to learning Mandarin - I always wanted to speak it, but somebody mentioned to me a couple of weeks ago that it's a particularly good language for the brain, as tonal languages require you to use both hemispheres. Given your linguistic abilities, perhaps that would be worth a shot?

Yep, I'd like to. Every now and again I'll see a friend on Facebook using Arabic or Japanese, and it makes me think I ought really to leave the comfort zone of the European languages and try something linguistically further away. Time is the problem at the minute - I have no idea how I could free myself up from other things I've got going on. And I really ought to make an effort with Croatian first, since Ronette's steamrollering on with it and we intend to holiday there annually, if not relocate one day.

Still, I have a beginners' Mandarin book on the shelves and it couldn't do any harm to work my way through it just as a light-hearted thing to do. Strangely enough, the mysterious mental block on words that I've got at the minute (only when speaking, never writing) only applies to English, so periodically I'll twig within a second that the word I'm after is hiding away and just say it in Esperanto to Ronette, and maybe switch languages for the duration. It's nice to have that as an option.

Boom! That should be the lot.

Brill! Thank you, Rockers.

Was there no Worst Match award this year, then?

Nope. I can't remember whether that was a deliberate choice but it's not one that I've ever seen the point of.

Edited by Ronnie

• Paid Members
Yep, I'd like to. Every now and again I'll see a friend on Facebook using Arabic or Japanese, and it makes me think I ought really to leave the comfort zone of the European languages and try something linguistically further away. Time is the problem at the minute - I have no idea how I could free myself up from other things I've got going on. And I really ought to make an effort with Croatian first, since Ronette's steamrollering on with it and we intend to holiday there annually, if not relocate one day.

Croatian, eh? "Zdravo" to you both.

If you need any help with Japanese - yo, right here.

Still, I have a beginners' Mandarin book on the shelves and it couldn't do any harm to work my way through it just as a light-hearted thing to do. Strangely enough, the mysterious mental block on words that I've got at the minute (only when speaking, never writing) only applies to English, so periodically I'll twig within a second that the word I'm after is hiding away and just say it in Esperanto to Ronette, and maybe switch languages for the duration. It's nice to have that as an option.

The only Esperanto I remember is from Red Dwarf: "Bonvolu alsendi la pordiston, lausajne estas rano en mia bideo."

I've had a mental block on Mandarin, too - it's ridiculous, given the number of situations I've found myself in recently in which it would've been useful. Got a few phrases down, but really should be making more of an effort. The silly thing is that once you get used to the dynamic of it, it's not difficult to learn at all, as its grammatical structure is similar to that of English.

• Paid Members

Shameful bronze. :(

Good job with this Ronnie, all the little quirks you added made for a real nice touch. And it's an unenviable task, fair bit of work has to go into putting it all together, so thanks. The charts sounds great too. Thanks to Chest also.

Think there's a lot of the right winners there really. Good to see Impact Wrestling take best TV show, i still need to catch WWE Main Event, i love the sound of it, but started watching Impact around the time the BFG series started and really enjoyed it and have continued to watch since. On the events front, i don't even remember No Way Out, thinking that was Elimination Chamber at first and thinking surely it wasn't that bad, as the Chambers usually deliver but remembered it's of course called Elimination Chamber now. No recollection of No Way Out whatsoever, besides the Poster (which has only just come back to me as i wrote that). Hell in a Cell wasn't that bad either was it?

• Moderators
Best of the UKFF 2012

Poster of the Year (on topic)

Winner: IANdrew Dice Clay [44%]

Runner up: Big Benny HG [16%]

Poster of the Year (off topic)

Winner: Gladstone Small [36.04%]

Runner up: Frankie Crisp [22.52%]

Funniest Poster

Winner: Keith Houchen [24.79%]

Runner up: IANdrew Dice Clay [22.22%]

Best Sports Poster

Winner: PowerButchi [17.11%]

Runner up: Gladstone Small [15.79%]

Please Post More

Winner: JLM [38.53%]

Runner up: Guy Bifkin [22.02%]

He's a Good Egg

Winner: Frankie Crisp [28.46%]

Runner up: NEWM [21.95%]

You's winners can PM me and get something done. Custom Title, name change, custom title for someone else/name change for someone else. Something creative if I can do it. The world is yours.

Worst of the UKFF 2012

Dolt of the Year

Loser: dangerously420 [27.91%]

Runner up: Allstar69 [23.26%]

White Noise Award

Loser: patdfb [34.21%]

Runner up: kendal mint cake [26.32%]

The Failed Comedian

Loser: Chilli_Mondeo [32.52%]

Runner up: BiffingtonClyro [24.39%]

Wish you Weren't Here

Loser: kendal mint cake [26.72%]

Runner up: King Pitcos [21.55%]

Wtf?!

Loser: ajmcstyles tries to return the shoes he is wearing [35%]

Runner up: Maxwell Murder explains the tattoo hierarchy [24.17%]

These shit heads have been suspended for 3 months, if they weren't already suspended/banned.