UKFF Awards 2012

Ronnie

• Paid Members
Any idea when the UKFF polls are going up?

Just got the first wave started. I'll add them stage by stage, probably with wave 2 coming tomorrow.

Yeah, or maybe Ronnie could make an exception just this once and just add Lauzon vs Miller to the final poll. I'm sure it will get a good share of the votes. Actually re-opening the poll might be a lot of pissing about waiting for everyone to vote and stuff.

Yep, I think I could probably add it. I haven't tallied the MMA nominations yet but you've got a potential ten slots, so assuming there aren't already ten fights with several nominations each then we could probably make room for it. I'll check a bit later and come back to you if it looks like a tight fit.

Edit:

OK, you have 1 fight with 9 nominations, 1 with 6, 2 with 3, 1 with 2, and 11 with 1. I would've therefore excluded the fights that gained a single nomination, leaving a field of five fights with two or more nominations. There's plenty of space and three of you have requested that it be added, so I'll do so.

Edited by Ronnie

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paid Members

Sorry, chaps. I've been overloaded with last-minute work lately. Bed at 2:30, up at 6, rinse and repeat. Hands up that I should've at least used a coffee break to pop by here and add a note. Sorry, but the brain's a bit muddled.

You'll note that all the wrestling polls are now up. I'll add the UKFF-related ones over the next couple of days, with the polls all to close at the same time. That'll be, say, five days after the final UKFF-related ones go up. I'll confirm it once I get them up.

• Paid Members
Jeez, Ronnie, that's some serious hours you're putting in!

Sort of my own fault. I'd have a tonne on my plate with work anyway but a couple of weeks ago a friend whom I admire asked for someone to do a translation into English asap. Idiot that I am (and knowing how hard it is to get reliable and competent people to volunteer for something so boring and lengthy) I said "I'll do it". It's just about finished though - maybe another five or six hours to go.

To be scrupulously honest, I could've moved with the polls a little bit quicker but got a mental block on the Britwres awards, particularly in trying to count up the match of the year nominations, because they were simply a collection of names that I didn't know matched to initials that I didn't recognise and not necessarily written in the same manner. I figured it would take me hours to decipher and didn't have any spare hours, so put it off and before I knew it a week or more had passed. In the event it only took about half an hour :blush:

Anyway, in a bid to put things in order I've come online to start work on the UKFF-related awards. Fingers crossed they won't take long.

• Paid Members

That's all the positive UKFF-related awards up. I'll do the negative ones tomorrow (I hope) but I'm tired now and still have a report to finish and submit, so they'll have to wait. There's more than enough to get stuck into for the time being though :)

• Paid Members

Had a thought this morning I may have ended up in White Noise or something, rather glad I got away with another year of no negativity. Props to Ronnie again for doing all of this, always seems like a mountain of work but makes this place a little more interesting this time of year.

Tracking down the individual posts for WTF? must have taken some patience. Well done Ronnie.

EDIT: that avatar is back! Hurrah.

Edited by Loki

• Paid Members
Had a thought this morning I may have ended up in White Noise or something, rather glad I got away with another year of no negativity. Props to Ronnie again for doing all of this, always seems like a mountain of work but makes this place a little more interesting this time of year.

I got out of dodge by actually taking note that I was posting a fuck-ton of shite, and this time round just not posting if I felt all I was about to post was a fuck-ton of shite. It's a win/win, I don't type as much crap, and nobody else gets stuck reading it. It has meant I post about once a month at best, but it's definitely better that way.