RevPro Presents: NO HOLDS BARRED 10/2/13, Sittingbourne

Andy

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Some news coming in on this one from "Gadge".

- Doors were late opening, leading to the show being late in starting. They were having to rearrange the room to accommodate "the biggest" and "loudest Sittingbourne crowd in years" (estimated to be 300-350).

- Mark Haskins beat El Ligero in 11:53 after unmasking him and hitting a low blow while Ligero tried to cover up. "Excellent opener", though Haskins' pre-match promo was almost inaudible due to the awful sound system.

- Will Ospreay beat Wild Boar with a 630 after 9:58 of "good stuff".

- Heavyweight 4-way elimination match: Dave Mastiff eliminated over the top rope at 7:33 after being distracted by Andy Boy Simmonzz. T-Bone eliminated by Rampage Brown at 10:34 after Colt Cabana had hit him with a GTS. Cabana threw Brown over the top at 12:39 to win the match and a British Heavyweight Title shot at Sha Samuels on 31 March.... or he will never appear in the UK again! Gadge says this was a "very entertaining all-action Final Four".

- Zack Sabre Jr beat MK McKinnan by submission to an armbar "after 13:46 of AWESOME".

- Project Ego beat The Hunter Brothers to retain the British Tag Team titles in 16:06. "Incredibly solid tag team wrestling".

- Marty Scurll beat Rockstar Spud in the No Holds Barred match with a Death Valley Driver onto a pile of drawing pins at 20:36.

sitt.jpg

Sounds like RevPro smashed it tonight.

• Paid Members

Yes, yes they did.

Announced for March 31st:

-Colt Cabana challenges Sha Samuels for the heavyweight title. If Cabana loses he will never appear in the UK again.

-Prince Devitt defends the cruiserweight title

-A NEW SOUND SYSTEM!!!!

Absolutely fantastic show tonight. I thought PCW on Saturday would be hard to top, but this was the best UK Indy show I've seen so far this year. I begged and pleaded for over six months to see MK vs Zack and I know some time you can expect too much, the reality can not match what you thought you were going to get........

Jesus Christ was I happy with what we got. And the rest of the show was fantastic as well. Crowd was big, loud and fantastic so all the matches stepped up. This was the best RevPro show to date in my eyes and the vast majority of it was an all UK card.

My first RevPro event and it was something special. There were great quality matches from top to bottom. My top 2 matches were the tag team and Sabre vs McKinnan.

The crowd were packed in and really rowdy. However the ring was fairly low and even though I was sitting in the 3rd row I found it difficult to see any action on the mat. In spite of this it was worth the hour and a half trip and I expect I will be back again.

I completely agree with the previous few posters, it was a very good show.

Not a bad match on the card, Zack vs MK was match of the night it was everything we hoped for and really needs to happen again at some point!

Haskins and Ligs went all out in a great opener.

The first time I've ever seen Ospreay and he was very impressive, phenomenal first impression and I hope to see more of him in Rev Pro and on the rest of the UK scene. Wild Boar also pulled out a couple of big moves and impressed in his own right. Both guys did enough to earn future bookings and I think Ospreay is so exciting and needs to become a regular.

The 4 way elimination match for heavyweight title shot was good, Mastiff looked like an absolute killing machine until he was sneakily eliminated by Simmonz, setting him up for the showdown with Walter.

Zack vs MK was hard hitting and fast paced right from the off and they kept that intensity through the whole match. Outstanding stuff, these guys compliment each others styles so well and are ideal opponents. It was the match many of us have been waiting for and it didn't disappoint, Zack is always on fire in Sittingbourne and it was MK's best showing in Rev Pro so far.

Hunters vs LDRS was excellent, some great comedy spots to start with and moved on to the fast paced, exciting action you expect from 2 of Britain's best teams.

Spud and Marty had a surprisingly straight forward grudge match to end their feud, considering all the shenanigans Spud usually gets up to I was expecting all sorts of dubious tactics, runs in's, etc, but instead Spud and Marty just fought it out. A good and definitive way to finish one of the best feuds in British Wrestling over the last year, and good luck to Spud in TNA.

There were a lot of new faces in the crowd, almost certainly down to TNA's British Boot Camp, but Rev Pro certainly put their best foot forward and put on a great advert for their product. I imagine there would be a few fans who came just for Spud and Marty but came away very impressed with the rest of the show and hopefully they will come back next time.

Overall excellent show, Rev Pro usually put on entertaining cards but this one was particularly good.

So for next time keeping in mind the clash with Progress I'm thinking along with Colt vs Sha; Mastiff vs Walter and Zack vs Devitt must be pretty likely. Then looking at it maybe Ego vs Hooligans, Haskins vs Marty, Dar vs Ospreay (assuming Dar is fit and healthy by this point), that would all make sense and be a great card. So I've got my fingers crossed for all of those.

It's a shame there is a clash with Rev Pro and Progress as the fans and talent will be split, if both companies could collaborate on dates in the future and book shows on a Sat and Sun I'd be very tempted to make a weekend of it and do both. Or even work it so if both shows are on the same day so that the fans and the talent could maybe do both shows by staggering start times appropriately.

Archived