RevPro Presents: NO HOLDS BARRED 10/2/13, Sittingbourne

Andy

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've said this to friends, but for people thinking RPW has become more about exhibition matches and less about storylines and angles, Scurll/Spud started in Jan last year online, advanced to Spud harassing Scurlls at shows from Feb onwards regardless of whichever promotion it was, they finally had their first and so far only singles match in June with a less than decisive finish and Spud then later cost Scurll the British Heavyweight Championship as well as his Tag Team Title's in August. So there's been a fair amount of build up on this one match alone and after January's TNA tour I could see a rather predictable "Loser Leaves" stip added depending on the success of either man.

Haskins/Ligero was only set up at the last show, but Haskins had to cheat to eliminate Ligero and then Ligero repaid the favour by preventing Haskins from cheating to beat Prince Devitt, therefore costing him the British Cruiserweight Championship.

Walter/Mastiff looks likely to happen and given this was supposed to happen in June and they've teased it in both October and December, this match has a purpose and story behind it. I could see a Sha/T-Bone rematch from the last show given what happened there, although I dread to think of Bone as RPW Champion. The heavyweight divison in RPW definitely needs boosting. Cabana/Dar and potentially the match in which Dar finally defeats the import.

And.......... If Devitt was available and Zack Sabre Jnr is in the country.............

Unsure who would face Ego. I wouldn't mind Ego/Hunters again if they go balls to the wall in this match.

I've said this to friends, but for people thinking RPW has become more about exhibition matches and less about storylines and angles, Scurll/Spud started in Jan last year online, advanced to Spud harassing Scurlls at shows from Feb onwards regardless of whichever promotion it was, they finally had their first and so far only singles match in June with a less than decisive finish and Spud then later cost Scurll the British Heavyweight Championship as well as his Tag Team Title's in August. So there's been a fair amount of build up on this one match alone and after January's TNA tour I could see a rather predictable "Loser Leaves" stip added depending on the success of either man.

Haskins/Ligero was only set up at the last show, but Haskins had to cheat to eliminate Ligero and then Ligero repaid the favour by preventing Haskins from cheating to beat Prince Devitt, therefore costing him the British Cruiserweight Championship.

Walter/Mastiff looks likely to happen and given this was supposed to happen in June and they've teased it in both October and December, this match has a purpose and story behind it. I could see a Sha/T-Bone rematch from the last show given what happened there, although I dread to think of Bone as RPW Champion. The heavyweight divison in RPW definitely needs boosting. Cabana/Dar and potentially the match in which Dar finally defeats the import.

And.......... If Devitt was available and Zack Sabre Jnr is in the country.............

Unsure who would face Ego. I wouldn't mind Ego/Hunters again if they go balls to the wall in this match.

Devitt vs Zack - Yes please!

For others what about;

Colt vs Sha

MK vs Dar

Hunters vs Hooligans

Since the links to WXW seem to be getting stronger what about Sumerian Death Squad vs Ego?

Sunday March 31st at the 2013 Sittingbourne Spectacular.

Awww damn it. That's the day I fly out to America! Also due to that I'm gonna have to be a lighter bit tighter with cash so I hope I still get to do this show :(

So suggestions for the heavyweight four-way:

Mikey Whiplash - He did state the All Stars would return, but I wouldn't mind seeing a singles push for the man.

The Saint - Been impressed the few times I've seen him in 4FW and has been in an IPW:UK ring before.

Johnny Moss - Just don't book him against Leroy Kincaide!

Rampage Brown - Was signed to the WWE for a reason.

Max Angelus - Last appeared as a cruiserweight, but his match against Elgin and Southside Title win really cements him as more of a heavyweight in my eyes.

Stixx - Still considered one of the best heavyweights in England.

Just checked and there isn't a wXw show the day before so that potentially rules out the use of top name imports. Would love to see Brian Cage from PWG throwing people around. Or a certain Big Japan heavyweight who is a former wXw Heavyweight Champion.

From inside the Rev Pro Roster T Bone, Stixx and Frazier could be considered.

Hopefully save Walter and Mastiff for a singles match.

From outside Rev Pro, different names from already suggested;

Trent Seven always has good heavyweight matches in FCP, but so far yet to appear on any other UK promotions.

Joe Coffee is apparently very good but haven't seen enough of him to judge.

Tommy End from WXW is very good as singles or in tag.

Bad Bones from WXW used to be good but haven't seen him in a while.

Andy Wild has always impressed when I saw him and must be one of best guys currently not on Rev Pro roster.

Cyanide has always impressed with his agility for such a massive man, but he doesn't seem to get the credit he deserves. Would be interesting to see him given the chance.

Not sure if Zack Gibson counts as heavyweight but if does I'd love to see him brought in. Same goes for Jack Gallagher if he isn't in Japan.

Less likely since he was just here but Michael Elgin would always be great to bring back.

• Paid Members

The trick will be to get 4 guys in with someone to win who the Sittingbourne faithful care about..

T-Bone seems like he should be one of the four guys following on from the events of last show, which triggered this whole thing.

Dave Mastiff and Big Van Walter have an obvious collision coming, the Final Four gimmick is a good way to build heat for a proper singles bout with over the top rope eliminations.

The fourth guy could be a wild card. RPW have overexposed a few guys like Stixx. That guy has had a tremendous 2012 elsewhere, but in Sittingbourne has been used in a way he wouldn't feel right here.

• 2 weeks later...

Rather than post in an old thread thought I'd post this here: we've uploaded a FREE MATCH for you onto our YouTube Channel. Big Van Walter vs El Generico from the Uprising Weekender:

EL GENERICO VS BIG VAN WALTER:

Incidentally I should also let you know that all 2012 shows apart from the Christmas Cracker (which should be up at the weekend) are available to purchase from our online shop with no p&p charge including international orders! www.revolutionprowrestling.com/shop The shows we ran under the IPW banner are just

• 2 weeks later...

The first entrant in the Final Four Match: RAMPAGE BROWN

NHB3.jpg

Tickets On Sale NOW from: www.revolutionprowrestling.com

One of UK’s standout heavyweights and former WWE developmental talent, Rampage Brown is a man mountain of a human being. Holding titles wherever he has gone, turning heads and regularly earning match of the night honours; Brown has earned a reputation for being one of Europe’s elite. On Sunday February 10th he will get to show the fans of Sittingbourne exactly what he is all about as he has the opportunity to come in, make an immediate impact and become the number one contender to Sha Samuels Undisputed British Heavyweight Chanpionship.

When asking fans who they would like to see in RevPro Rampage is always a name on their lips and on Sunday February 10th we will finally get the chance to see what this wrestling machine is all about.

Don’t miss out on a can’t miss night of pro wrestling at its best and get your tickets now from: www.revolutionprowrestling.com

Therefore the current card for Revolution Pro Wrestling No Holds Barred looks as follows:

No Holds Barred Match

- Rockstar Spud vs 'Party' Marty Scurll

Cruiserweight Contenders Match

-'The Star' Attraction' Mark Haskins vs El Ligero

Final Four Match To Determine The Number 1 Contender To The British Heavyweight Championship

- Rampage Brown vs ?? vs ?? vs ??

Plus: Colt 'Boom Boom' Cabana & MUCH MUCH MORE!

-- Revolution Pro presents NO HOLDS BARRED, Sunday February 10th 2013 at the Swallows Leisure Centre, Sittingbourne, Kent, England. Doors 5:00pm, show starts 5.30pm Tickets

Colt Cabana's been announced in the Fatal Four Way. Surprised as I figured Cabana/Dar would be a good shout.

Prince Devitt is definitely NOT on this show as he's confirmed for NJPW's PPV that day. Which means he will be likely defending his Cruiserweight Title in March the day I fly out to America!

Check out this video look at Rockstar Spud and 'Party' Marty Scurll ahead of their HUGE No Holds Barred Match on Sunday February 10th:

The second entrant in the Final Four Match: COLT CABANA

NHB3.jpg

Tickets On Sale NOW from: www.revolutionprowrestling.com

A man who needs no introduction, the globetrotting superstar who will be making his first appearance in Sittingbourne since July 2009 where he competed in a technical master class against James Mason. Cabana will be looking to have some good times, create some great memories and book himself a return ticket to the UK at Sunday March 31st

Archived