Rey Mysterio pulled from events

martinQblank

Rey could do a few dates in Mexico and probably make a package. He could pick and choose when he wants to work then. As for Sin Cara, it's nto so much that he can't connect with the crowd, just that he isn't. He was over like a rover in Mexico, which was why they rushed him in so fast anyway, and since he's left the crowds haven't really been the same in reacting to the technicos.

A real shame when a guy gets into the state that he relies on the pain meds just to function, I really hope they can help him and sort it out, would be a real tragedy if he was the next in the long line of deaths surrounding drugs/pain medication in wrestling.

This is the one aspect of wrestling I hate. Any boss who allows his employees to get so fucked up just doing their job should be held accountable. I realise it's a hard job and injuries are guaranteed but 20 years of never being allowed to truly recover from any of the injuries is fucking disgraceful.

This is the one aspect of wrestling I hate. Any boss who allows his employees to get so fucked up just doing their job should be held accountable. I realise it's a hard job and injuries are guaranteed but 20 years of never being allowed to truly recover from any of the injuries is fucking disgraceful.

That's a load of nonsense, certainly with regards to Rey Mysterio, who has been in WWE a little over ten years and has spent more than a fifth of that time off recovering from injuries. And I don't know where you get that he's "never being allowed" to have time off, anyway. He's been off as much as he's been on the road since about 2006.

That's a load of nonsense, certainly with regards to Rey Mysterio, who has been in WWE a little over ten years and has spent more than a fifth of that time off recovering from injuries. And I don't know where you get that he's "never being allowed" to have time off, anyway. He's been off as much as he's been on the road since about 2006.
I realise it may not apply to Mysterio, which is why I tried to keep my post as general as possible. But the post I quoted, and to which I was responding, used the phrase 'he relies on the pain meds just to function'. If that is the case, and I'm not in a position to tell you if it is, then I would argue that even he hasn't been allowed to fully recover.

I realise it may not apply to Mysterio, which is why I tried to keep my post as general as possible. But the post I quoted, and to which I was responding, used the phrase 'he relies on the pain meds just to function'. If that is the case, and I'm not in a position to tell you if it is, then I would argue that even he hasn't been allowed to fully recover.

Americans: ''YOU CAN QUIT IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT''

• Paid Members

The way it has sounded over the years he has always exacerbated his injuries by keeping on going. PS reports "Rey needs a knee op" then six months later he's still wrestling, like he has to make it to the 'Mania payday before he gets it sorted. Then sometimes carries on a bit longer until he's a complete wreck.

Archived