Rey Mysterio pulled from events

martinQblank

-- Rey Mysterio was not in Greensboro for last night's RAW. He is not scheduled for tonight's WWE SmackDown tapings and has also been pulled from upcoming live events. At this time, there has been no explanation as to why Rey has been pulled from the events.

Return of the "flu"?

It's a shame in that I really wanted to see Rey/Sin Cara in a big program with Team Hell No, but the silver lining is that Sin Cara is getting another crack at being a singles star after receiving Rey's tutelage, and he's performing very well at the moment. Given that Sin Cara was originally brought in to be Rey's replacement once he calls it a day, the stars are beginning to align nicely.

Seeing how Rey has spent the last few years bouncing between injuries and Wellness issues, it might be an idea for Rey to do the Road to Wrestlemania and then call it a day. Either the proposed tag match or Rey vs Sin Cara at Wrestlemania.

• Paid Members

The only good thing Sin Cara has going for him is Rey Mysterio. He'll never be a singles star in WWE, because he has no facial expressions, he doesn't speak, he fucks up everything he tries and he hasn't got the imagination of Rey Mysterio to switch his outfits up ever five minutes. If Rey Mysterio is gone, its just Sin Cara on Smackdown sitting on Wade Barrett's shoulders and falling off again. Like he was before he was put in a tag team to hide how crap he is.

Rey will be back anyway. The fact Rey Mysterio and his fucked knees are still around shows you his value.

The only good thing Sin Cara has going for him is Rey Mysterio. He'll never be a singles star in WWE, because he has no facial expressions, he doesn't speak, he fucks up everything he tries and he hasn't got the imagination of Rey Mysterio to switch his outfits up ever five minutes. If Rey Mysterio is gone, its just Sin Cara on Smackdown sitting on Wade Barrett's shoulders and falling off again. Like he was before he was put in a tag team to hide how crap he is.

Rey will be back anyway.

Sin Cara could work on his charisma, I read a report that likened his playing to the crowd to "the actions of a bored traffic cop", but in the ring he's been botch free on several occasions recently, on the live Raw show as well. I personally don't think he can connect with the crowd the way Mysterio has, but wrestling-wise he's tons better than he was before teaming with Rey. His matches with Del Rio have been fairly impressive IMO.

• Paid Members

Rey Mysterio has something on them as well. There's been a few times they've suspended him for pain medicine he'd been subscribed by a doctor. They've fucked up a load of times when it comes to Mysterio, because he's so broken down. Mysterio's a bloke who needs carrying to his car on a bad night. He probably needs certain medication to function. And he's got big money, so he's not the type of bloke you want to sack if there's a chance you are at fault for some of the suspensions he's had.

Guess we will now see the '3 strikes and you're out rule' then. Gotta be the drugs again!

They might be doing everything in their power to avoid this. Vince doenst wanna cut Rey just yet.

Fair point, i'm hoping that whatever it is can be sorted out

Rey Mysterio has something on them as well. There's been a few times they've suspended him for pain medicine he'd been subscribed by a doctor. They've fucked up a load of times when it comes to Mysterio, because he's so broken down. Mysterio's a bloke who needs carrying to his car on a bad night. He probably needs certain medication to function. And he's got big money, so he's not the type of bloke you want to sack if there's a chance you are at fault for some of the suspensions he's had.

Might also be the reason the Sin Cara/Rey tagteam suddelly stopped.

A real shame when a guy gets into the state that he relies on the pain meds just to function, I really hope they can help him and sort it out, would be a real tragedy if he was the next in the long line of deaths surrounding drugs/pain medication in wrestling.

I haven't been following Ray's troubles. What was his long absence last year for?

Knee surgery and then when he was jsut about to come back. Failed a drug test, I believe it was some type of amphetamine that he claimed must have been part of some weight loss drugs he was taking. Makes sense he's quite tubby these days.

Archived