HXC Wrestling

hxcwrestling

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Looks like the hook to the over 18's side of things may indeed be that of "tits first, wrestling second" which would be a real shame.

Whatever draws your crowd. End. There are dozens of promotions in the UK attempting to cater exclusively for workrate perverts. Might be time for one that caters to, well, just perverts.

Gives them potential though to bring in some other names like GPW/Infininte guy LA Austin who is impressive, Ste Bin Mann and Jason Logan, Dylan Roberts etc.

Any wrestler calling himself "Bin Mann" deserves a kick in the bollocks and to not make it in the professional field of his choice. Actually so does any adult male still going by "Ste".

As long as they steer clear of Dave Rayne & Johnny Phere then I will be happy enough!

Wasn't Johnny Phere an XWA Champion? Does his name not still carry some weight? I wouldn't know, I haven't been to a legitimate 100% BritWrest show since 2008, if you don't count 1PW.

I agree with your first paragraph, as I'm not going all the way to Manchester to see tits, so I hope there's a decent wrestling show at the heart of an over 18s night.

Maybe they're hoping to draw the kinds of crowd they need from the local fans dying to see something eclectic, rather than them ones that do drive the length and breadth of the country for a 30 minute wrigglefest?

Just floated into this thread here.

For a new company setting up an over 18 hardcore style show in a nightclub to draw in a casual audience to help build a fan base you need to have things like having the scantily clad girls do stuff in between to add a bit of variety to the show otherwise as much as people on here are passionate wrestling fans casual fans will get bored easy of a show with six 30 minute five star matches so the girls will provide a way of breaking up the show in a way it will appeal to causal club goers.

Gives them potential though to bring in some other names like GPW/Infininte guy LA Austin who is impressive, Ste Bin Mann and Jason Logan, Dylan Roberts etc.

Any wrestler calling himself "Bin Mann" deserves a kick in the bollocks and to not make it in the professional field of his choice. Actually so does any adult male still going by "Ste".

This is a joke, right?

Looks like the hook to the over 18's side of things may indeed be that of "tits first, wrestling second" which would be a real shame.

Whatever draws your crowd. End. There are dozens of promotions in the UK attempting to cater exclusively for workrate perverts. Might be time for one that caters to, well, just perverts.

As long as they steer clear of Dave Rayne & Johnny Phere then I will be happy enough!

Wasn't Johnny Phere an XWA Champion? Does his name not still carry some weight? I wouldn't know, I haven't been to a legitimate 100% BritWrest show since 2008, if you don't count 1PW.

I agree with your first paragraph, as I'm not going all the way to Manchester to see tits, so I hope there's a decent wrestling show at the heart of an over 18s night.

Maybe they're hoping to draw the kinds of crowd they need from the local fans dying to see something eclectic, rather than them ones that do drive the length and breadth of the country for a 30 minute wrigglefest?

If you have never seen any of the GPW guys wrestle then I don't really think it is fair to comment and there are an awful lot worse gimmicks and names out there at the moment than Bin Mann's. Yes Johnny Phere was XWA Champion, but imo that was based solely on his 'Goldberg' look and nothing to do with his ability, not someone I personally enjoy watching but that doesn't mean others wouldn't. I don't know the guy on a personal level so cannot comment.

• Paid Members
If you have never seen any of the GPW guys wrestle then I don't really think it is fair to comment

It's entirely fair to comment on what I think of his name whether I've seen him wrestle or not. He could be Lou Thesz reincarnated, I'd still think it's a bloody daft moniker.

Yes Johnny Phere was XWA Champion, but imo that was based solely on his 'Goldberg' look and nothing to do with his ability, not someone I personally enjoy watching but that doesn't mean others wouldn't. I don't know the guy on a personal level so cannot comment.

I didn't want you to comment on a "personal level" just as to whether or not you think he's got any worth left as a draw.

This is a joke, right?

No. "Bin Mann" is ridiculous and puts me in mind of Dumpster Droese, and "Ste" is a name round here that the other children call Stephen or Steven until he grows up and accepts his given name or goes by Steve or at a push the informal "Stevie". At a push.

Quite possibly. Manchester isn't the biggest drive I'll ever do from Liverpool, but I am quite prepared to drive all over the country for a good show so maybe I'm not the target audience. I guess I'll know if and when they announce the card.

If you have never seen any of the GPW guys wrestle then I don't really think it is fair to comment and there are an awful lot worse gimmicks and names out there at the moment than Bin Mann's.

I disagree. I think it's one of the worse gimmicks in the country and I wouldn't fancy his chances at an over 18s show. But then again, what do I know. For some reason he is or was really over in GPW last time I checked.

• Paid Members
Whats says if Ste Binn Man was to make it onto these shows he would be wrestling under that monkier/using that gimmick? If he's talented surly the promoter is likely to ask him if he's willing to try a new gimmick?

Or maybe GPW would not want him to do the gimmick elsewhere - I have heard he is really over up there.

Just floated into this thread here.

For a new company setting up an over 18 hardcore style show in a nightclub to draw in a casual audience to help build a fan base you need to have things like having the scantily clad girls do stuff in between to add a bit of variety to the show otherwise as much as people on here are passionate wrestling fans casual fans will get bored easy of a show with six 30 minute five star matches so the girls will provide a way of breaking up the show in a way it will appeal to causal club goers.

I think the different approach from the standard wrestling promotion will certainly attract a different audience add make the show more appealing to people who maybe otherwise wouldn't go to a British wrestling show which is a good thing.

But hopefully there will be good in ring stuff too as at the end of the day it is a wrestling show. Can't see why it can't have adult stuff and good matches.

• Paid Members
If you have never seen any of the GPW guys wrestle then I don't really think it is fair to comment and there are an awful lot worse gimmicks and names out there at the moment than Bin Mann's. Yes Johnny Phere was XWA Champion, but imo that was based solely on his 'Goldberg' look and nothing to do with his ability, not someone I personally enjoy watching but that doesn't mean others wouldn't. I don't know the guy on a personal level so cannot comment.

I'd get to specsavers mate, he doesn't have anything remotely like a 'Goldberg' look or persona.

Back on topic.

I will definitely be attending these shows. It'll be good to have some sort of alternative to your normal British Wrestling show here in the North West.

I'd get to specsavers mate, he doesn't have anything remotely like a 'Goldberg' look or persona.

Back on topic.

I will definitely be attending these shows. It'll be good to have some sort of alternative to your normal British Wrestling show here in the North West.

What.....bloke with a bald/shaved head sporting tribal tattoos and playing an agressive style character with little to say? Think it's you that needs to get to specsavers my friend, or just learn what you are actually looking at!

Archived