HXC Wrestling

hxcwrestling

• Paid Members

^^ I agree with this. Surely the whole point is to try to attract people who wouldn't ordinarily be interested in attending a wrestling show? Rather than trying to look like a bog standard pro wrestling event, it's supposed to be more of a fun time night out vibe. As such, the names of the individual wrestlers aren't important for the first show. They just need some interesting, eye-catching, colourful, larger-than-life characters on posters and advertising materials, then as the shows progress certain personalities will naturally catch on as the favourites and 'draws' with the regular audience.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Shanna and Kay Lee Ray are both wrestlers, I wasn't suggesting that ladies shouldn't make the poster and don't believe I even mentioned a poster. My concern was that this would become more like a stripper show with wrestling as a secondary point. Which it now sounds like it won't be. Announcing ladies who have no wrestling ties and are just to be used as valets before announcing any roster members or wrestling related stuff in general was for me a strange way to do it. If beautiful ladies are going to be accompanying the wrestlers to the ring then more power to it, it certainly works at the darts but you wouldn't see the valets at a darts match being announced before the players.

I still don't get why you see this as attempt at promotion as a negative thing, its a wrestling show with scantily clad women, I'm already sold on the idea because its something that appeals to my demographic, I'm more surprised that it hasn't been thought of sooner!!

I'm certainly not saying it is a 'bad idea' at all, is definitely something I would go along to providing there was a decent wrestling element to it aswell. I can go to a strip club here in Bradford so wouldn't need to drive to Manchester to see the product if it was soley about hot women wondering around. The concept, now explained, seems good.

• Paid Members

In defence of HXC, at least the girls they are using are professional (and published) models rather than some ropey amateurs, so at least they are doing this properly. I wholeheartedly approve. I might go myself.

^^ I agree with this. Surely the whole point is to try to attract people who wouldn't ordinarily be interested in attending a wrestling show? Rather than trying to look like a bog standard pro wrestling event, it's supposed to be more of a fun time night out vibe. As such, the names of the individual wrestlers aren't important for the first show. They just need some interesting, eye-catching, colourful, larger-than-life characters on posters and advertising materials, then as the shows progress certain personalities will naturally catch on as the favourites and 'draws' with the regular audience.

Your bang on with our way of thinking here.We wanna draw from non wrestling fans (currently) with the tools we have to play with,we run a monthly rock/metal night,have done for 6 years,also put gigs on ect.

Here are a couple of the featured girls:-* Jenna Martin - http://www.modelmayhem.com/2526272* Emma Heron - http://www.modelmayhem.com/1259250

Very nice indeed :love:
They work with us anyway as we also run this:http://www.cagedasylum.com/angels.html
Makes sense, having had the concept explained I am definitely on board seems a good idea and I think as long as it steers clear of being an adult version of futureshock it could be something really cool. Dave Mastiff is another one who would suit this environment a lot.

Archived