Royal Baby

KingOfMetal

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Women get pregnant. In other news, life goes on. So they are having a baby? This is worth shunting all the news channels off kilter?

That's right Pat. You'd think this baby was going to be king or queen one day the way they're banging on about it...

Was more concerned about the double shooting/suicide in Cromer, seeing as my housemate and her mum and dad knew the people involved tbh.

I dont care the baby is to be king or queen, it's not exactly worth clearing the schedules for until it's born. The stuff about it last night was OTT. What would Diana have wanted? Seriously? It was like watching a live version of the Daily Mail/Express.

• Paid Members
Women get pregnant. In other news, life goes on. So they are having a baby? This is worth shunting all the news channels off kilter?

That's right Pat. You'd think this baby was going to be king or queen one day the way they're banging on about it...

Was more concerned about the double shooting/suicide in Cromer..

Doesn't somebody from here live in Cromer? Are you sure it wasn't that particular fella? Has anybody checked TwoSheds whereabouts? I jest. Sorry pat. Sorry to hear that.

Don't particularly like the Royal Family, but I've been reading about the ailment affecting Kate and it does sound rather brutal. I wouldn't want to vomit 30 times a day. Hope she gets through it.

• Paid Members

What exactly is wrong with Kate? I wasn't paying a lot of attention when it was on the news last night but wasn't it just morning sickness?

My sister's at a similar stage to Kate in her pregnancy and is having bad morning sickness and stomach pains at the moment which we're all worried about and she can't even get hold of her midwife. Yet Kate is being rushed to hospital.

If it's worse than morning sickness I'll feel like a cunt now. Obviously I hope she gets better and the baby's fine.

• Moderators

Was more concerned about the double shooting/suicide in Cromer, seeing as my housemate and her mum and dad knew the people involved tbh.

If the criteria for newsworthiness was 'will it be of interest to pat' you might have a point, and I would never watch the news again.

If it's worse than morning sickness I'll feel like a cunt now. Obviously I hope she gets better and the baby's fine.

Ahhh fuck 'em.... They're only Royalty.

• Paid Members
What exactly is wrong with Kate? I wasn't paying a lot of attention when it was on the news last night but wasn't it just morning sickness?

My sister's at a similar stage to Kate in her pregnancy and is having bad morning sickness and stomach pains at the moment which we're all worried about and she can't even get hold of her midwife. Yet Kate is being rushed to hospital.

It's 'Acute' morning sickness, and to be fair to Pat, a shining example of what we're in store for over the next 9 months, BBC Breakfast felt the need to interview a woman this morning who's had it in the past.

"Well, i was sick a lot. I couldnt keep anything down, and had to go to hospital to stay hydrated". Fascinating. It's not great, obviously, but i did sit watching thinking "fuck me, really?" Are they going to have someone on describing what it's like when your waters break or confessing that during the delivery, they did a tiny shit?

As a piece of news, "Royal baby on the way" is fine by me, but i think for the most part we understand what pregnancy invovles.

Anyway, i say call it Conan. Boy or girl. No one will fuck with a Conan.

• Paid Members
There's a rumour that it's twins that she's pregnant with.

You can cut this rumour shite out right away, Happ.

The morning sickness can be a serious condition as if it's severe enough it can lead to miscarriage (as it almost did for Mrs Small with our youngest) so it's fair enough they're reporting on it.

Doesn't somebody from here live in Cromer? Are you sure it wasn't that particular fella? Has anybody checked TwoSheds whereabouts? I jest. Sorry pat. Sorry to hear that.

Cheers, dude, housemate was a bit of a wreck, not sure how her mum and dad are doing tbh, not well I'd assume.

If the criteria for newsworthiness was 'will it be of interest to pat' you might have a point, and I would never watch the news again.

There is more to life than some one getting pregnant and having acute morning sickness that requires hospitalisation, happens everyday elsewhere in the world, it's just that those parents aren't royalty or deemed important. I dont care that the baby/babies are 3rd in line to the thrown, but appreciate that others will. However, imo, there is no need for that type of 'blanket' coverage over the issue. Sure, have a report on it and some discussion, but turfing over everything in favour of it? It's a bit much over a baby/babies.

• Paid Members
The morning sickness can be a serious condition as if it's severe enough it can lead to miscarriage (as it almost did for Mrs Small with our youngest) so it's fair enough they're reporting on it.

Yeah I expect the media to report on everything to do with this pregnancy so that's fair enough. I just didn't realise morning sickness could be that much of a danger. Now I'm even more worried about my sister.

• Paid Members

Yeah I expect the media to report on everything to do with this pregnancy so that's fair enough. I just didn't realise morning sickness could be that much of a danger. Now I'm even more worried about my sister.

I didn't mean to scaremonger or anything but bear in mind that Mrs Small suffered her worst bouts 2 months in and the baby was absolutely fine, so the chances are even better that your sister will be fine. It's not that common for anything bad to happen, it just increases the chances, that's all.

Archived