Smackdown 30/11/12

hallicks

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really, really want to think of them as more than this year's invading group who'll be disbanded and beaten. Ambrose/Moxley continues to be awesome and I'll recommend anyone to type in 'John Moxley promo' in YouTube to enjoy his previous stuff (or 'Dean Ambrose FCW'). Like how this one was shot; similar in a different version of the quick-cuts method engineered by the first NWO promos but with a take similar to that Ledger Joker one from TDK. More of this please.

It was refreshing to see some blokes look down the lens for once.

Not that refreshing. They usually play at least one Tout video a week where someone does that. There was one on Raw or Smackdown last week with Cody Rhodes wishing Damien Sandow well in singles matches.

• Paid Members

Still not sure what all the fuss about Ambrose is. I've checked out some of his Moxley promos and I didn't enjoy them much. He seems alright and he's seemed a lot better with what I've seen of him from FCW and WWE thus far. But the Ledger-Joker thing is something i'm not digging as much as everyone else seems to. Just feels a bit try hard and too apparent he's trying to mimic that exact style.

Reigns is cucumber boy though, as in 'cool as a'. The boys got swagger, carries himself like a superstar. Agree with Iun though that the three together seem to really compliment each other nicely and their angle is certainly something new, different and refreshing.

The Shield are excellent. When they first came to the fore I looked at them like another shit version of the Nexus but these guys are so enthusiastic about there craft and bring different things to the table. Reigns has the look and is an intense powerhouse, I imagine Rollins will be the worker of the group while Ambrose is the promo man and an excellent one at that. It's clear since his #ThanksMick run at Foley, Ambrose had something a bit different to the rest of the locker room. A beacon of charisma sadly lacking the today's WWE, I can see him being a big, main event player for years to come in the WWE.

I hope WWE keep up with the dominance and killing people for a few more months a'la the NWO cause they do tend to have them get shit all over and humiliated by the faces in the PPV and disband them. They've a chance to end this with three fresh, new, singles talents which they are crying out for at the minute.

I'm just glad I'm not the only person who calls it that :blush:

It sounds better than "Diving leg drop bulldog".

Quite enjoyed Del Rio's moonsault this week. And nice to see McIntyre in action again. Shield promo was excellent. Too many bloody repeats though. When will they learn?

• Paid Members

I would have liked 3MB vs Brodus and the Usos to go a bit longer, especially as Primo and Epico vs Khali and Hornswoggle got more time later in the show. No-one gets over in a three minute six man.

From the little we've seen of it, McIntyre is really relishing the 3MB role ain't he? The way he lounged on the commentary desk and on the crowd barrier the other week. Yeah that.

Aye Drew is a big Guns N Roses fan, so this is him channeling his inner Axl Rose. Mahal still looks awkward doing It though. Glad Drew was the one to get the pinfall, he is the most convincing out of the 3 of them.

• Paid Members
Just watched this week's NXT and Reigns looks like a one cool badass.

He does, which is why I think it's a little bit of a shame he is involved in The Shield. Crazed paramilitary is a nice fit for Ambrose, Rollins was probably never going to set the world on fire with a metalhead gimmick, but it seems to have stripped away Reigns' individuality and made him a brooding heavy. While he's not been spectacular in the ring on NXT, I've enjoyed his swaggering badass persona, the bullying the ring announcer into feeling he's privileged to be able to say Roman's name, the overblown music, and The Thoroughbred nickname.

From looking like she was going to be added to del Rio 's act, to feuding with Hornswoggle's new Oddities in a matter of weeks. Are we to assume Rosa Mendes' latest stint kneeling in front of an agent is over?

• Paid Members

At least he's on TV. If he's only average in the ring, then making people care about him as part of The Shield and their antics means there is a decent chance they'll pay attention when he *does* get chance to show off the personality. As starts go on TV, this is a decent one for any three newcomers.

Are we to assume Rosa Mendes' latest stint kneeling in front of an agent is over?

I give up. What does this mean?

Archived