What's 2013 going to bring?

ShortOrderCook

• Paid Members

I guess this is more or less a predictions thread, what do you see 2013 bringing us? WWE really need some new talent to break out and it looks like they may be starting to shift focus that way, with the Ryback push and the debut of The Shield. Yet, early 2013 will see plenty of old names popping back with Rock, Brock, Triple H and possibly Undertaker all popping in around 'Mania. Will this stall pushes of new talent or aid it? If The Shield are aligned with Punk and if Punk retains at TLC they're likely to rub shoulders with The Rock.

Any new talent you see being called up from FCW/NXT and catching on? Who's treading water and likely to get cut next year? What do you foresee for WrestleMania season, how The Rock involvement will go and what it leads to, how it will impact The Rumble and Chamber? Who's going to win the Rumble itself? Will Undertaker be at WrestleMania and if so, who on earth will he face?

Although many are down on WWEs current product, i think we're heading into a potentially very interesting year. A year where i think WWE are going to have little choice but have to adapt their current booking style and look to really establish some new talent. They actually have a fucking incredible roster of talent at present.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

-Rock wins the belt at Royal Rumble

-Cena beats him for it at WrestleMania

-Ryback will murder the Shield except the big Samoan by January

-Triple H gets his win back against Brock

-Undertaker beats Punk

-PAC's Dad Neville debuts on NXT

-Cena turns heel so Duke can spare my blushes and get that quote out of his sig

-D'Lo is unveiled as a member of the Aces and Eights and to get the gimmick over announces what he did to Droz was for nothing more than shits and giggles

-The WWE Network will still just just a pie chart in the Stamford office

-Hulk Hogan will leave TNA in October with one eye on WrestleMania 30

I remember seeing on another forum a tweet from Kevin Nash saying how he had Punk's back against The Rock. So I wouldn't be surprised to see him pop up for a short time.

Also if that leads to a new nWo with The Shield and Punk, I can see Lesnar and Heyman being involved as well. Lesnar getting a helping hand from Nash in his feud with Triple H as Nash's last match on WWE cameras was against Triple H in that sledgehammer match. This also allows Shawn Michaels to crop back up come WrestleMania time to choose between his two best mates (Hunter and Nash).

I'm not sure about new talent as I don't follow NXT that closely. But I think before RAW on Monday, the main event on NXT involved a fella called Ricky Steamboat who I assume is some relation to the Hall of Famer - Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat. Probably his son. And given how the WWE like to push through 2nd and 3rd generation stars, I'd guess he'll get some time on the full roster. Let's face it they pushed Husky Harris and Michael McGillicutty to the main roster in the Nexus angle.

I'd also like to see the WWE Title and World Heavyweight Title unified into one. I think if some of the top stars were competing for the IC and US Titles it may bring back some credibility to them. Maybe even bring back either the European or Hardcore Title for the midcard and up and coming stars to compete over before their big main event push. And I'd love the light-heavyweight title to be brought back as I think with the stars that could compete for it, the WWE would have a great division on their hands there.

I'd also like to see the WWE Title and World Heavyweight Title unified into one. I think if some of the top stars were competing for the IC and US Titles it may bring back some credibility to them. Maybe even bring back either the European or Hardcore Title for the midcard and up and coming stars to compete over before their big main event push. And I'd love the light-heavyweight title to be brought back as I think with the stars that could compete for it, the WWE would have a great division on their hands there.

I can already sense this paragraph getting you a whole heap of grief very soon. :)

On a semi related note, WWE have done a decent effort setting up a tag devision, I hope it continues with a second wave of teams. Slow, steady build is the way to go.

As usual the Road to Wrestlemania, buoyed by the Rock and Brock Lesnar, will go great guns. The Rock will beat CM Punk for the WWE title at the Royal Rumble and get WWE and Wrestlemania more mainstream exposure than it has had in years, certainly something much more fruitful than some pointless Charlie Sheen Skype videos. I think Undertaker will take this year off to have his final match be at Wrestlemania 30. The show quality won't miss a beat though. Inspired by the kind of deal that Lesnar got, Jeff Hardy returns to WWE on a limited dates contract, but for considerably less money than Lesnar got. Punk vs Hardy occurs at Wrestlemania, along with Lesnar vs HHH II and Rock vs Cena II. They're not necessarily the matches I want, but they are the ones I think we'll get.

Triple H gets his win back at Wrestlemania when Lesnar opts not to re-sign. He returns to UFC for a one-fight deal in August against Frank Mir. WWE returns to mediocrity post-Wrestlemania as UFC gains momentum with fights like GSP vs. Silva and Jones vs. Silva, while Vince McMahon continues to claim that UFC are not competition.

• Paid Members
I'd also like to see the WWE Title and World Heavyweight Title unified into one. I think if some of the top stars were competing for the IC and US Titles it may bring back some credibility to them. Maybe even bring back either the European or Hardcore Title for the midcard and up and coming stars to compete over before their big main event push.

If you only want one champion and some "top stars" competing for your midcard belts to restore some credibility, why dilute that effect by introducing more titles? The Cesaro / Kofi division would end up fighting for the European title, your Daniel Bryan/Sheamus/Big Show not-really-main eventers would be fighting for the Intercontinental title, you'd have the same guys in your main event and nothing's changed except the shape of the belts people are fighting over.

What i'd like to see happen in 2013

WWE promote seperate brand PPV's - this would allow growth on both brands for mid-carders and more slots at the top of the card revitalising the main event picture, short term PPV rate drop for a long term gain.

Cena finally turn heel

WM to be built around regular members of the roster not just people who pop in for the big pay day (Lesner, Rock)

An effort made to build up the mid card belts, having seperate brand PPV's woudl help that as the IC/US title woudl become the 2nd most important match instead of potentially the 4th (if it actually makes it to PPV)

A return of the King of the Ring PPV or some other one night tournament

A "midcarder" win the Royal rumble, at moment the favourites would be Punk (having lost the title to Rock and sneak his way into the rumble match), Cena, Orton or Shaemus. It would make the rumble unpredictable and the winner can always lose his shot at E/C (see Kennedy MITB shot loss to Edge)

What will happen

Nothing will change and 2013 PPV's will be headlined by matches between Orton, Cena, Punk, Ryback, Del Rio, Shaemus and Big Show with an occassional appearance by Bryan and Mark Henry

An effort made to build up the mid card belts, having seperate brand PPV's woudl help that as the IC/US title woudl become the 2nd most important match instead of potentially the 4th (if it actually makes it to PPV)

The Intercontinental and US titles were rarely second top match when there were separate pay-per-views for each brand. And that was with a much more popular roster. It'd be absolutely mental to split the brands now. If Antonio Cesaro is in the second biggest match of the night, the main event better be The Rock vs Brock Lesnar with Bossman as special referee or no fucker's buying it.

The Intercontinental and US titles were rarely second top match when there were separate pay-per-views for each brand. And that was with a much more popular roster. It'd be absolutely mental to split the brands now. If Antonio Cesaro is in the second biggest match of the night, the main event better be The Rock vs Brock Lesnar with Bossman as special referee or no fucker's buying it.

thank you for your constructive criticism, whilst your reply has been recieved i can assure you that it has been placed in the "WTF has it to do with you what i think" file. the question was about we think would happen, i gave what I (not you or the rest of UKFF) would like to see in order to freshen it up. You may have your opinion which you have the opportunity to put but instead you would rather criticise mine.

I'll take your comment about Antonio been in the 2nd highest match resulting in poor buy rate, so whats your answer? rotate the same guys ad naseum in the top spot? With the exception of the Miz in a triple threat you have to go back to Summerslam 2011 to find a different challenger for a title (excluding E/C as multiple entrants just making up the numbers) from the current main eventers. Ryback is the obvious break through artist but that is only becuase Vince is on a mission to force him down peoples throats (the infamous "Skip Sheffield will be the number 2 babyface in the company" reports). You dont allow the likes of Antonio to have that exposure then they will never get fully over. Doesnt have to be every PPV but certainly one a year each

Enjoy your day King and i'm looking forward to see what suggestions you will think happen in 2013

Archived