Wrestling Pod Casts / Radio Interviews

uk_wrestle_fan_1981

That's an excellent idea for a podcast. It's always cool to find out that someone you've seen on TV on and off for years is actually a fan. Was it Kieron Dyer who was on a tv show a few years ago where he talked about being a wrestling fan, and specifically lusting over Torrie Wilson? Think he was shown going to a house show too.

That's an excellent idea for a podcast. It's always cool to find out that someone you've seen on TV on and off for years is actually a fan. Was it Kieron Dyer who was on a tv show a few years ago where he talked about being a wrestling fan, and specifically lusting over Torrie Wilson? Think he was shown going to a house show too.

Yeah I remember that - it was on a documentary wasn't he? I remember it was the first time I'd ever heard his voice, and was amazed at how high pitched it was.

Who else is on your list? Thought about this a bit, Rufus Hound has said on several shows he's a fan (maybe just of the older stuff) He was asked who he thinks he looks like and answered Hulk Hogan deadpan. Jack Whitehall was/is a fan did some training as well. I'm sure I went to a TNA show where they announced maybe an olympic cyclist in attendance. Pretty tricky to interview but I was told Amy Winehouse was a fan, any truth to this. There was the bloke from this morning on take me out who said he collected Hasbros, which suggests he's a fan of some sort. Billi from Big Brother of course. Johnathon Ross did a match with Lucha Britannia and Lembit Opik did stuff with Welsh Wrestling. Who else is there?

Who else is on your list? Thought about this a bit, Rufus Hound has said on several shows he's a fan (maybe just of the older stuff) He was asked who he thinks he looks like and answered Hulk Hogan deadpan. Jack Whitehall was/is a fan did some training as well. I'm sure I went to a TNA show where they announced maybe an olympic cyclist in attendance. Pretty tricky to interview but I was told Amy Winehouse was a fan, any truth to this. There was the bloke from this morning on take me out who said he collected Hasbros, which suggests he's a fan of some sort. Billi from Big Brother of course. Johnathon Ross did a match with Lucha Britannia and Lembit Opik did stuff with Welsh Wrestling. Who else is there?

Paul Nicholson, the darts player is a big fan. Alex Corbisiero, England and London Irish rugby player. Mike Carlson - NFL pundit over here. There's quite a few but a lot try to keep it under wraps as they find it a bit embarrassing to admit!

I'd love to find some scientists/philosophers who admit to loving a bit of grappling. I was delighted when I managed to reference Roland Barthes in my dissertation as he wrote a great essay about wrestling once. Like Winehouse though, he might be a bit hard to track down.

Edited by Bluetonic

Victor from Big Brother would definitely do it as well. He always does podcasts and stuff like this, and a wrestling one would be right up his street.

Asked him on twitter earlier and he's up for it, that'd be entertaining. Might see if I can do that one in person, would be an event for sure.

Yeah that was the TNA show in Wembley when Mark Cavendish was front row

I stumbled across the Facebook of Lee Davey from Big Brother 3 who was a semi-closet wrestling fan on the show - we have a mutual friend. He's got pictures of him at WrestleMania this year with a replica WWE Title belt. He may be up for some wrestling chat, or he may be too far below the Z-list for you.