Wrestling Pod Casts / Radio Interviews

uk_wrestle_fan_1981

• Paid Members

You can hear he ego growing with every show and dont get me wrong i enjoy listening but its just a matter of time before he goes too far and ruins it everyone.

Bigtime. The difference between the early Ric Flair shows (where you had a humble, really good presenter who knew his role) to now is huge. And it's only been 1 year. 

Just going to post this again because it's hilarious, and shows how Conrad got his start - by flying in wrestlers for personal appearances at his house, and paying them a fee to be his friend, watch matches with him, & tell him stories. Not that there's anything wrong with that per se - but he needs to keep some perspective:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/60352061/WO/Orndorff.MP3

The Prichard Show is still a very good format simply down to Bruce's inside knowledge, stories and he is funny. Conrad has developed a 'character' hence the constant 'catchphrases' but he does have to be careful about becoming grating and over the top.

He shouldn't be dominating the show. My pet peeve is him arguing with Bruce for the sake of it and cracking open a can right under the microphone!! That's extremely tedious but it gets on my nerves!!

Hopefully, our podcast won't get on your nerves... our latest episode is a must listen if you want to be a wrestling manager or just want to find out about that side of the business... we chatted to James R. Kennedy from WCPW, who also has some interesting comments for people who don't like the promotion: https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/the-buzzards-wrestling-podcast/id1139943619?mt=2&i=1000383060601

SCG Radio returns this week, as we preview WrestleMania 33! Talking every match and angle building up to the biggest show of the year, the panel breaks down the lay of the land, what's been done well and what hasn't, an outlook on who looks to benefit and suffer, as well as analysing Raw and Smackdown before and after the "Ultimate Thrill Ride". In addition, we talk NXT Takeover and the Hall Of Fame, and the implications on the main roster of both events. Discussing topics ranging from the Broken Hardyz trademark, Brad Maddox's cameraman, Hulk Hogan, Conor McGregor, Kurt Angle and many many more, we look to attack Mania 33 from every angle. And of course, we take your feedback on the feuds you believe have shined or stunk, who should be called up from NXT, and much more. A fun show to get ready for Mania week, check it out and let us know what you think!

https://squaredcirclegazette.podbean.com/mf/download/muw8jw/SCG_Radio_116_-_WrestleMania_33_Preview.mp3

Edited by Liam O'Rourke

• Paid Members

Bruce's Iron Sheik impression on the WrestleMania 13 episode this week, fucking hell :laugh:

Loved his story about being too fat to ride the WWF blimp with Stephanie and Pat Patterson as well. Bruce Prichard has been a revelation for me since the podcast started. Never thought I'd end up liking him but he's way more entertaining than I'd have expected.

Bruce's Iron Sheik impression on the WrestleMania 13 episode this week, fucking hell :laugh:

Loved his story about being too fat to ride the WWF blimp with Stephanie and Pat Patterson as well. Bruce Prichard has been a revelation for me since the podcast started. Never thought I'd end up liking him but he's way more entertaining than I'd have expected.

God dam pal, I told you to lose some weight!

• Paid Members

I might give Bruce's podcasts a try, is it good to start from the beginning of his podcasts, what episode number should I start from please.

From the beginning. It's a great podcast, as irritating as some parts are.

At the start Prichard was annoying, since he's such a bullshitter & contradicts everything Meltzer says just for the sake of it (Conrad uses The Observer for 95% of his research). And I liked Conrad from the Flair podcast. But now it's like they've both done a 180. I've warmed to Prichard because I get him more now. He's still carny as fuck but he's giving us a lot more now than he was at the start, and he seems less defensive. I think he likes doing the podcast now since it has good numbers & good reviews. At the start he seemed to be doing it begrudgingly. 

Conrad is still a good host, but his ego has grown massively to where he berates Prichard pointlessly, throws hissy fits, keeps cracking open cans of coke to guzzle down his massive gob mixed in with some dry roasted peanuts, and sounds really uncool when he curses.

But I really look forward to the show each week, because Prichard was there for all the best eras in WWF/WWE. Every topic is something I grew up on, and using The Observer as a source works really well too because you're also getting Meltzer's take on things. So rather than ask Prichard an open-ended question (which he would end up talking a lot about, but saying very little), Conrad tells him something Meltzer said, and asks him to elaborate. So there are a number of interesting dynamics in play.

Edited by herbie747

• Paid Members

Conrad really spoils it for me. The content of the shows is absolutely great but I find myself hesitating to listen to them because of him. He's so overbearing and the accent grates on me too. I usually end up going through all the other shows on my rotation first before getting onto Something To Wrestle With.

My current favourite is Keepin' It 100. I listen to Killing The Town too, but Storm and Cyrus are beginning to wind me up. Cyrus never drops the gimmick and Storm isn't particularly likeable. I don't know if I can be arsed with Raven's new show, has anyone tried it yet?

Other than those, I subscribe to the Austin, Jericho and Colt Cabana shows. Are there any others that I am really missing out on by not listening to? I'm not really bothered about listening to any fan-produced shows, I've tried a few and find listening to other fans to be tortuous for the most part.

Owing to a strange and awkward release schedule, we're doing our WrestleMania preview show today! Featuring a full set of predictions for WrestleMania 33 Sun (don't forget, numbers are old), we also break down the angles, the matches and what will Shane jump off of?

Plus, we address the elephant in the room following last week's Best Wrestler Penis awards, there's coverage of the New Japan Cup, Dan gives a live Progress Chapter 45 review and we discuss what World of Sport returning to television might mean for ICW's relationship with WWE.

Link is here for download: http://royalgrumble.podbean.com/e/entrant-no-51-wrestlemania-preview-show/- please give it a listen and enjoy!

• Paid Members

I don't know if I can be arsed with Raven's new show, has anyone tried it yet?

If you want wrestling chat dont bother. Raven basically said that he had no direction going into and its just him babbling about whatever he fancies talking about really. His Mr. Skin interview was pretty good last week though.

I dont really see how Raven keeps an audience if he completely shys away from wrestling chat though.