Wrestling Pod Casts / Radio Interviews

uk_wrestle_fan_1981

• Awards Moderator
38 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

Also listened to the William Regal one they reuploaded

Just queueing that one up now. I was trying to Google a Regal interview where he talks about trying not to laugh at a grave (I have Graceland in the back of my mind) but I can't find it, anyone remember it? It's hysterical. 

• Paid Members

Pretty interesting episode of Don Callis’ Killing the Town podcast with Josh Mathews this week.

Fascinating listening if you’re into the art of commentary as it goes into how the WWE announcers are taught etc.

Despite not being his biggest fan, it made me appreciate the art a little more.

Also, delved back into the Lapsed Fan’s past shows and found good ones on the WWE Battle at the Royal Albert Hall and UK Rampage 92 (If you have many hours to spare!).

• Paid Members

@tiger_rick as well as the great interview posted on the previous page, he was on X-Pac’s podcast and it’s well worth a listen. 

It’s on YouTube. I’d embed it but for some reason it’s not letting me. Never had this message before...

B574C9E1-4081-4928-BB86-EAC5C4EA9DFD.png

Anyway, could’ve done without 123 Boy’s co-hosts but it’s a great listen all the same. Regal’s class. He’s been on Jericho’s podcast as well, hasn’t he? Don’t think I’ve listened to that. 

Edited by wandshogun09

5 hours ago, Yakashi said:

Newest Talk is Jericho is all about how he signed with new Japan and AEW. It’s interesting but the lad is living in a fantasy land. He’s completely delusional about his own worth and accomplishments in wrestling. 

Can you expand a bit on that? I've no interest in listening to him but keen to hear what he had to say.

On 1/16/2019 at 3:24 PM, Yakashi said:

Newest Talk is Jericho is all about how he signed with new Japan and AEW. It’s interesting but the lad is living in a fantasy land. He’s completely delusional about his own worth and accomplishments in wrestling. 

He’s a worker, of course he’s over hyping his own worth!

And to be fair to him, there are very few wrestlers still currently active that can boast a bigger and better list of accomplishments and career highlights.

On 1/16/2019 at 3:24 PM, Yakashi said:

I found the episode to be fascinating! He was very honest and he is not just making up the value he has. He has proven he is a draw based on the subs to New Japan, their ticket sales, selling out his own cruise and the buzz around him signing for any company. It think it is well worth a listen.

It is ok to promote your own podcasts here? I co-host a show we record every week in London and we cover WWE, New Japan and the UK scene, and this week we recorded a really fun show people on this forum might enjoy.

We covered NXT UK Takeover and what Walter signing could mean, then we did a quick fire Royal Rumble feature with our top 30 rumble moments ever debated to see what would be crowned the greatest rumble moment of all time. I then did a really fun segment that I am proud of on the best music albums about wrestling by proper musicians (Mountain Goats, DJ Ran) as well as a look at some wrestler efforts (Cena, Hogan), all with clips to sample in what is quite high production. 

The show is called Holy Shoot - https://holyshoot.podbean.com/
iTunes: https://t.co/m46IjSNkju
Spotify: https://t.co/YRMhW1QkOy

And all the usual podcast apps. If you do listen any feedback is welcome.

My personal recommendation to listen to would be Wade Keller Pro Wrestling Podcast/Post Show, he splits the feed into 2 show types and I always find this analysis to be the best in the business. He gets good guests sometimes in ex-writers and wrestlers.

SCG Radio returns this week to discuss NXT Takeover, the 2019 Royal Rumble and discuss the immediate future of WWE on the road to WrestleMania 35! Breaking down the big stories of NXT, such as the dynamic hindering Tommaso Ciampa and Aleister Black, the greatness of Johnny Gargano and the immediate future of the top angle, before diving into the match-by-match of the Royal Rumble with some hideous booking, mind-boggling decisions, a Brock Lesnar tour de force, a tirade on the Women's Royal Rumble, issues with WWE trying to deal with the modern audience, and Seth Rollins' big victory, and finally giving a wide-angle lens look at what things look like for WrestleMania and the problems with the proposed addition of Charlotte to the headline Rousey Vs. Lynch match. A lot of fun discussion this week, check it out and let us know what you think!

https://mcdn.podbean.com/mf/download/5hwxde/SCG_Radio_146_-_NXT_Takeover_Pheonix_and_Royal_Rumble_2019.mp3

On 1/26/2019 at 12:55 PM, wandshogun09 said:

Haven’t bothered with the Something To Wrestle for a while but this one should be good...

I always enjoy Bruce and Conrad. This one was really fun as I knew less about Sid and the relationship he had with Vince. I recommend if you enjoyed this unique talent.

• 3 weeks later...

SCG Radio is back as we return to the Monday Night War Timeline, covering December 1999! Talking all the big stories of the month and covering every Raw and Nitro, Armageddon and Starrcade, we break down all the hot topics, including the heel turn of Stephanie McMahon, Vince Russo bringing the Montreal Screwjob and nWo 2000 to his vision of WCW, the latest with L. Brent Bozell III and the PTC starting a war with the WWF, Vince McMahon blows up at Chris Jericho backstage, WCW begins a showdown with Standards and Practices, as well as all the facts, figures and backstage gossip from the insider newsletters of the time. A blast as always, check it out and let us know what you think!

https://mcdn.podbean.com/mf/download/dcb3bz/SCG_Radio_147_-_The_Monday_Night_War_in_December_1999.mp3