Wrestling Pod Casts / Radio Interviews

uk_wrestle_fan_1981

23 hours ago, Egg Shen said:

One of my pet peeves of the show is when Prichard says anything remotely catchphrase worthy, Conrad busts in with his "that's a t-shirt" stuff. Fuck off.

Funnily enough the one part of Edge & Christian’s podcast that annoys me is Edge doing the exact same thing word-for-word way too many times.

Other than that though, I love their shows. This week’s episode with Gangrel as the guest was a lot of fun.

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

@Liam O'Rourke how long do you envision the timeline series going on for? It's been clear for a fair bit of 1999 that the war has been won - will you be sticking it out until WCW has folded, or will you stop before then?

If the month by month news slows I'd hope it rolls back to 2 month increments, then quarterly. 

It would be a shame not to see the full story through and it is my favorite podcast episodes. 

Edited by Tommy!

19 hours ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

@Liam O'Rourke how long do you envision the timeline series going on for? It's been clear for a fair bit of 1999 that the war has been won - will you be sticking it out until WCW has folded, or will you stop before then?

We're going through to the bitter end in March 2001. That said, I do expect to move back to the 2 month format for 2000.

Next Monday, 25 June, sees the 1984 Olympic gold medallist, world freestyle wrestling champion in '85 & '87, UFC 9 fighter & the subject of the movie Foxcatcher on The Rock Show LIVE! for an extended chat.  Mark Schultz will be my very special guest ... www.therockshowlive.com ... 8pm UK, 3pm ET, 12pm PT.

A few interesting episodes out there to listen to from this week: Lastest two episodes of Steve Austin Show feature Chaco Guerrero; Edge & Christian’s Podcast has Rhino on it, which should be good as they go way back to the Canadian indies together; Talk Is Jericho has an interview with Dave Meltzer in which he talk about how he first got in lot Wrestling, the origins of the Wrestling Observer plus lots of explaining his rating system

Oh, and Something To Wrestle waffle on for 3hrs15minutes about Sable

Honestly something that really blows my mind is that no uk guys really do shoot interviews or deep straight talking interviews.

The aMount of stuff to talk about is staggering.

It also seems like Americana if they have been wronged or pissed off they get asked about it and they will air what happened.

Over here its like hush hush no one ever does anything bad of controversial it's mental 

No it isn't. There aren't many UK guys that people give enough of a shit about to buy/listen to their shoot interviews - and the ones that do have some name value are mostly either employed by WWE or having a good time as part of Bullet Club, so they'd have nothing to gain by whining on podcasts or for Rob Feinstein.

• Paid Members

There's plenty of podcasts where UK guys go out of character and talk about breaking in, their mates in the business, past experiences etc. Morgan Webster's one for instance is pretty good. But as the King says, everyone on our scene still needs to get booked and work with their contemporaries so you're not exactly going to find the equivalent of Honky talking about Savage locking Liz in or Bret explaining bemusement at having to work Van Hammer.

• Paid Members

yeh, if you wanna hear UK guys talk you are better off going down the podcast route. I have Smallman and Websters podcasts favorited and check them out from time to time.

Tried to listen to Prichard pod about Bad Blood 03 there but had to turn off the thing  after about 20 minutes as that Conrad prick and all his annoying phrases (roll taade, something unfunny should be our next t-shirt, sign up to my crappy mortgage company, bluuu chuuuw) were driving me insane. Just ask the questions you fat tongued,  coke can opening twat, nobody is listening for your input or for your shite humour. I dunno, maybe it's just this unusual heat that has me irritable, but he's really getting on my tits lately.

1 hour ago, DCW said:

Tried to listen to Prichard pod about Bad Blood 03 there but had to turn off the thing  after about 20 minutes as that Conrad prick and all his annoying phrases (roll taade, something unfunny should be our next t-shirt, sign up to my crappy mortgage company, bluuu chuuuw) were driving me insane. Just ask the questions you fat tongued,  coke can opening twat, nobody is listening for your input or for your shite humour. I dunno, maybe it's just this unusual heat that has me irritable, but he's really getting on my tits lately.

He in one of his thinking he’s a Billy Big Bollocks phases again. The other week, the show on WWE Network was delayed by a couple of days because WWE wanted something taking out (it was never specified what exactly) and Conrad was straight onto social media with “we’re bringing the show what the fans want” and “I’m fighting for this”. Fuck off man, you’re nobody in the grand scheme of things and the network would just drop you or your show if you don’t comply, it’s not like you’re not replaceable 

Edited by WyattSheepMask