Wrestling Pod Casts / Radio Interviews

uk_wrestle_fan_1981

Add me to the recent new Wrestle Me listeners. I started yesterday at Wrestlemania VI as it was the closest to when I started watching, typically today they’ve gone and added Wrestlemania VII which is when I first started watching. A nice easy listen and looking forward to hearing more

• Paid Members

I believe @IANdrewDiceClay recommended it years ago on here, but does anyone remember a podcast where two guys reviewed WWF PPVs from the beginning, with regular segments including an impression of Vince doing a Salt N Pepa (I think) routine. One of the hosts was very earnest when talking about Andre the Giant and if he ever was about to slag off a performance of his he'd preface it by going "I love ya big guy" as if he was mates with him. It was a lot of fun, and I rinsed them while riding my bike a few years ago, but can't for the life of me remember what it was.  

• Paid Members

No, but thanks for the suggestion. It would have been about 5 or 6 years ago, so it predates those guys. Another couple of recurring themes I can remember are the mockery of Farooq's comical "surprised" overselling during the nation years and Toots Mondt. 

EDIT: FOUND IT! It was Place to Be! 

Edited by gmoney

2 hours ago, harlow2 said:

anyone listen to easy e's new show yet 

Yep - halfway through! Great so far - even goes into money figures! Conrad must be making some serious cash from all these shows, I can’t imagine sponsorships to be cheap 

Listening to Lex Luger's recent appearance on Sean Mooney's podcast and it's so hard to reconcile Lex now with the Lex everyone talks about from back in the day.  He seems like the most humble, sincere, genuinely likeable guy you could ever imagine. Out of all the guys who have "changed their ways" over the years Lex is the only one I can think of where there's not even a glimmer of doubt in my mind over whether it's completely genuine or not. Would love to see him get a HOF induction. 

Getting pretty close to unsubscribing to Cabana's podcast. He took a few months off with the promise of a new format when he returned, but it just seems to be him having random meaningless conversations with people he bumps into when travelling, topped off by an unfunny segment with him mum every week. 

On 30/04/2018 at 9:26 PM, CTXRussomark said:

Listening to Lex Luger's recent appearance on Sean Mooney's podcast and it's so hard to reconcile Lex now with the Lex everyone talks about from back in the day.  He seems like the most humble, sincere, genuinely likeable guy you could ever imagine. Out of all the guys who have "changed their ways" over the years Lex is the only one I can think of where there's not even a glimmer of doubt in my mind over whether it's completely genuine or not. Would love to see him get a HOF induction. 

Can't see it anytime soon due to his involvement in Elizabeth's death.

• Paid Members

Trent Seven, Tyler Bate and Pete Dunne are brilliant on Jericho’s podcast. Really funny guys, they’ve had my giggling to myself on the train at least three or four times. They should try and tap into that on NXT TV. Trent Seven in particular blew me away with how much personality he has. It almost counteracts his physique. Almost.