Wrestling Pod Casts / Radio Interviews

uk_wrestle_fan_1981

Steve Austin and Court Bauer review War Games 92 on Austin's latest podcast and they, contrary to every opinion I've ever heard, rip the match apart pretty hard.  At the end Austin says it's "at best" a 3 star match even rating it in the context of 1992.  To be fair Austin is being hyper critical of his own performance in the match which is a contributing factor but I'm amazed they feel so down on the match.  I just watched it again a month or so ago and still thought it was tremendous. 

• Awards Moderator

I listened to that one @CTXRussomark. I did agree with him and I watched it two weeks ago; the beginning is a bit saggy and it doesn't start until the ring's full. It's fine, it just hasn't aged well. Did you catch the PS at the end? He found out Meltzer 5 starred it which surprised him.

Austin is being ridiculously overcritical if he's calling War Games 92 a "three star match". OK, I haven't watched it for a long time but I remember being super impressed over how good it was. Paul Heyman said at his Inside The Ropes Q&A in Manchester last year that he thought War Games '92 was the best WCW match ever. I can't think of many (if any) that were better myself if I'm honest. I don't really get where Austin is coming from there but I'll have a listen to the podcast after I've watched the PPV again anyway.

• Paid Members

What's this about? Just seen a little clip of an interview with Rocky Johnson and he talks about a backstage scuffle between The Rock and Shawn Michaels;

Doesn't say when it's supposed to have happened. I'd heard the obvious rumours about them having heat stemming from Michaels supposedly insulting Rock's grandmother years ago or something but this thing Rocky Sr is on about is apparently something else. Him saying Shawn stiffed Rocky with the superkick can only mean it was that time when he reffed that Rock vs Triple H match in 1999 and Shawn gave Rock the kick at the end. That's the only time they've ever interacted at all in the ring, isn't it? Is Rocky Sr just chatting shit? I've never heard anything about this backstage confrontation. 

Anyone ever watch Howard Stern interviewing wrestlers on YouTube?

It's funny. The Rock was on and you would expect him to be in his element, but he was pretty soft-spoken and reserved.

Then, Triple H was on and he was charming and gregarious.

Triple H rolled with the punches and took everything Stern threw him; mostly shemale jokes about Chyna.

I have to say it's hard to dislike Triple H coming off that, even knowing what a right bastard he can be politically.

The Rock looked like he wanted the world to swallow him up at a couple of points, mostly when Stern and his goons brought up his gyno.

Back at last. SCG Radio returns this week to talk all things NXT WarGames and the 2017 Survivor Series. Spitballing about both shows, we discuss everything from the flawed presentation of the main event to the greatness of Styles Vs. Lesnar, issues with Raw Vs. Smackdown, the birth of a star in the Velveteen Dream, the strengths and weaknesses of the revived War Games concept, as well as cover the current lay of the land as WWE looks to embark on their biggest period of the year. A lot of fun, check it out and let me know what you think!

https://squaredcirclegazette.podbean.com/mf/download/ffz6he/SCG_Radio_125_-_NXT_WarGames_and_Survivor_Series_2017.mp3

On 11/25/2017 at 12:52 PM, NoUseforaUsername said:

Anyone ever watch Howard Stern interviewing wrestlers on YouTube?

It's funny. The Rock was on and you would expect him to be in his element, but he was pretty soft-spoken and reserved.

Then, Triple H was on and he was charming and gregarious.

Triple H rolled with the punches and took everything Stern threw him; mostly shemale jokes about Chyna.

I have to say it's hard to dislike Triple H coming off that, even knowing what a right bastard he can be politically.

The Rock looked like he wanted the world to swallow him up at a couple of points, mostly when Stern and his goons brought up his gyno.

I've seen Howard Stern interview Vince, it's absolutely golden.

Honestly, if I was a make a wish kid I would request to meet Vince.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Awards Moderator

Not a wrestling podcast but John Cena is interviewed on this week’s Empire Podcast - the interviewer was a WWE fan (specifically from 1988-1991, but still) so there’s some wrestling content in there. Cena in general carries himself brilliantly, he’s a great interview. Worth a listen.

On 22/11/2017 at 10:27 PM, CTXRussomark said:

Steve Austin and Court Bauer review War Games 92 on Austin's latest podcast and they, contrary to every opinion I've ever heard, rip the match apart pretty hard.  At the end Austin says it's "at best" a 3 star match even rating it in the context of 1992.  To be fair Austin is being hyper critical of his own performance in the match which is a contributing factor but I'm amazed they feel so down on the match.  I just watched it again a month or so ago and still thought it was tremendous. 

I have just listened to a similar show they done last week reviewing Canadian Stampede which I thought was a good listen. Austin also talks a little about Summerslam 97 and the night Owen passed. 

Not sure if it has been mentioned but Crime in Sports is a brilliant podcast. They build up various sports stars and then smash them down whilst listing all their crime riddled activities. There are 96 eps so far but I'm only up to 46. They've covered a few wrestlers/mma fighters so far. Here are a few.

Snuka https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/crime-in-sports/id1082678396?mt=2&i=1000365293223

Ion Croitoru https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/crime-in-sports/id1082678396?mt=2&i=1000375241786

Chris Adams https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/crime-in-sports/id1082678396?mt=2&i=1000378136990