Wrestling Pod Casts / Radio Interviews

uk_wrestle_fan_1981

• Paid Members
LAW for roundup of news and listen to Meltzer answer every question posed to him with a 'I DOOOON'T knowwww, maaaaaaaybe?'

Review a Wai, Raw and Impact to listen to the guys dryly rip stuff apart, especially a random PPV from 2003. It's interesting to hear about their lives at the Fight Network or something that's been bothering them in their personal lives, like cinema security or their childhoods as wrestling. There's a lot I used to do or things I used to think before I smartened up, which they mention they did too. What sets them apart from any two arseholes ripping shit apart is that they have a professional credential which makes it tolerable. John's puns are brilliant, or at least when you can see them trying to formulate something clever and it's 1am, and they have work in 6 hours.

AOW with Cabana to get to know someone I never really bothered about, like Cliff Compton or Pat Buck. It's a really great way to find out about what makes someone tick, in an hour. Occasionally Punk will be on too for a bit. Plus, over time you can see how Colt has gone from someone desperate to get into WWE, to someone whose not that bothered about the big two, and just truckin' along. Surprised someone at WWE hasn't suggested doing a podcast, as it's an excellent way to get to know a guy when they don't have much TV time.

MLW radio to hear Konnan tell a story from 1996 where Luger is pissed about not being in a rap video, or Sin Cara pull a gun on Del Rio. You'll get some insight from Court about being a promoter, TV networks and wrestling/MMA or a story from his days on creative where Vince did something batshit insane. Also, to get a roundup of news about drug cartels in Mexico or Konnan completely kill a joke cos he's "gone to Iran".

Fuck everybody reccomending their mates low rent podcasts, the above is the post to pay attention too if you're after the cream of the crop. Everything of the above is great with the exception of the actual LAW show (which is too loud mouth for me.)

There's so many good weekly podcasts around covering the weeks tv that I often get burnt out and skip good podcasts (like the free Observer one with Alverez and Meltzer) but Review A Raw/Impact/Wai from LAW I always make time for. Pollock and Ting are just fantastic together. RBR Weekly Wrestling Talk also has a very similair (but lots more offensive) humour to their show so I'd reccomend that too.

Cabana's one is tremendous for all the reasons other people will go into but have been surprised how much I love Konnan on the MLW podcast. That dude and Bauer have no problem being entirely open about their experiences in wrestling, with Konnan chiming in with stuff he hears from Rey. Some great Vince stories from Bauer too even if I now know far too much about Ortons penis.

I was just listening to the first Konnan interview before he became a guest and which was just Bauer and Konnan shooting the shit with their mics on before actually recording the show and just talking shit about a bunch of people they both know (in the nicest of ways). I'd highly reccomend starting with that one as I think you'll be hooked from there on in.

• 3 weeks later...

Not a Wrestling podcast but CM Punk is the guest on this weeks Nerdist podcast hosted by the brilliant Chris Hardwick:

Link

Haven't had the chance to listen to it yet but the Nerdist shows are always good and tend to have some great TV/Movie/Music guests on. This is basically 1 hour 30 mins of Punk talking about wrestling, comic books, movies, TV and everyday life.

Cheers for that, just listened to it and really enjoyed it. Interesting to hear him talk wrestling with an absolute outsider who was completely innocent in terms of asking how much input a talent has over what they do etc. The heart attack angle the other week was Punk's idea, and he was surprised Vince went with it.

Everything from the LAW stable and Art of Wrestling is all you need. That gives you 5-6 hours a week of new content. Agree about Pollock/Ting being great, hopefully one day they can force Dan Lovranski out of the main show and get Pollock in his seat permanently. Lovranski is good comedy value for being so off the mark so often, but I would be quite happy to see him pushed out.

• Paid Members
Everything from the LAW stable and Art of Wrestling is all you need. That gives you 5-6 hours a week of new content. Agree about Pollock/Ting being great, hopefully one day they can force Dan Lovranski out of the main show and get Pollock in his seat permanently. Lovranski is good comedy value for being so off the mark so often, but I would be quite happy to see him pushed out.

Totally agree. Pollock & Ting are money. Nothing like sending in feedback and hearing your own words being read by them. Pollock struggling through laughter to read out my review of The Backyard is one of my personal highlights of the year.

And i just realised how pathetic that sounds. Christ.