Smackdown Results for 23/11/12

DJM

Smackdown starts off with MizTV with guest John Cena. The Miz asks Cena about his injury, as well as his relationship with AJ Lee. AJ came out, but was followed by Vickie Guerrero and Dolph Ziggler. They all argue for a bit and Cena threatens Ziggler.

Ryback defeated Darren Young. Ryback controlled the entirety of this match, hitting the Meathook Clothesline and Shell Shocked for the victory. Titus O'Neil tried to come in after the match, only to get Shell Shocked as well.

R-Truth defeated Antonio Cesaro.

Alberto Del Rio defeated Sin Cara with the Cross Armbreaker.

The Big Show defeated Team Hell No in a Handicap Match. Daniel Bryan blind tagged himself in, so Kane let him fight for himself. Show hit a Chokeslam onto Bryan to pick up the victory.

Kofi Kingston defeated Damien Sandow to retain the WWE Intercontinental Championship.

Dolph Ziggler defeated Randy Orton with a rollup. After the match, Ricardo and Alberto Del Rio attacked Randy Orton but John Cena came out to make the save. Cena put Ziggler in the STF and Orton hit an RKO on Ricardo Rodriguez.

When I saw that Ziggler and Orton were having another match, the first thing that came into my head was that Orton would get his win back straight away making then tiny rub from Survivor Series even more insignificant, thankfully that's not the case. This doesn't look like a bad show but like a lot of WWE's current output, not worthy of tuning in to.

I'm a little disapointed that they are going with a Barrett/Kingston fued. I think Barrett should be going to that next level now, not messing around with Kofi who really does bore me to tears.

Sandow Vs Kingston would have been a much better option in my opinion, Sandow could also be a very good IC Champ. Weirdly, I completely lost interest in him whilst he was tagging with Rhodes, who I also enjoy as a singles competitor. Theor team just doesn't seem to work though. He's hoping that they stay apart when Rhodes returns.

Not sure there's room for Wade at main event level quite yet. They're doing well building him up again. No harm in it, rather than rushing him and getting lost in the pack when clearly they have other plans there.

Orton or Miz would be a better fit for him right now in my opinion. Just seems a bit of a step back.

• Paid Members
Not sure there's room for Wade at main event level quite yet. They're doing well building him up again. No harm in it, rather than rushing him and getting lost in the pack when clearly they have other plans there.

Orton or Miz would be a better fit for him right now in my opinion. Just seems a bit of a step back.

He's been injured for a while. It's a fine entry point for him. He's had a lengthy feud with Orton, they both need to do different things. It's not a step back at all.

He's been injured for a while. It's a fine entry point for him. He's had a lengthy feud with Orton, they both need to do different things. It's not a step back at all.

As much as I enjoy Barrett, just can't sit through a Kingston match which I think is the case for a lot of people, which means after a month of FF his matches, he will lose steam. Kofi has been doing the exact same thing for way too long and he isn't on Barretts level. Some might say its a step up for Kofi, but in this case I think its a step back for Barrett.

The Barrett v Kingston match on Raw was absolutely excellent, though. I'd be quite happy to see a couple more of those.

Agreed. Seems there isnt room in the main event tier for Wade just yet. Much better him being in a feud with someone who he can have good matches with like Kofi than plodding along with nothing to do, plus it also gives the IC belt some much needed attention. Barrett feuding with Orton has been done to death now.

Fortunately, the bit with Orton and Del Rio wasn't on the show. Or wasn't on the rip I watched, at least. Either way, all good for me. I skipped most of the Orton-Ziggler match because fuck watching them against each other again. Rest of the show was so-so. Kofi vs Sandow was good, Titus on commentary was fun again ("he's gonna reverse it!"), Kane being upset about not being invited to Bryan's house for Thanksgiving was great. Don't see any point in R-Truth beating Cesaro, it's a shit feud. Just have Cesaro win and do something to make people care until Jack Swagger comes back and does a big patriotic face turn and beats him. The opening bit was quite pointless, notable only for how weirdly camp Miz kept acting.

He's wrestled Orton a thousand times over the last year. And Miz is just starting out as a babyface on a roll.

As much as I enjoy Barrett, just can't sit through a Kingston match which I think is the case for a lot of people, which means after a month of FF his matches, he will lose steam.

That's all well and good, except it's complete and utter bollocks.

Archived