Raw, 19/11/12

NEWM

Eh? The commentary in that match was fantastic. Titus O'Neil was on fire.

I totally agree. I can see why it might have grated, but considering Michael Cole isn't very good anyway, to have him corpsing was great fun.

Otherwise, I tried watching, but I'm quite addicted to football manager at the moment and there wasn't that much going on that seemed worthy enough to drag my attention away from the computer screen. I watched a bit of Orton vs Del Rio, and even though it was a bit of an old school match, it was still the 400th match they've done in the last week so I found it hard to care. Ryback vs Tensai! The big question was whether or not he'd botch the shellshocked again. Meh.

There's a particularly shit habit of people having to win non-title matches against the champion in order to earn a title match against them. This has got to be the worst way of building a feud. It's premature ebookulation. Who is coming up with this stuff? If you want to build a feud, the match is the LAST thing you do with them, not the FIRST. It's not rocket surgery.

I was hoping for greater things from the end segment, and though it's always nice to see someoone go through the announce table, it was still not all that good. Having said that, Heyman's monologue was bloody brilliant.

Also, Recap. Recap. Recap. Recap. Recap. Recap. Recap. Recap.

FML.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They should have made a much bigger deal of the celebration at the end really. Punk's celebration should have had a band playing, dancing girls, sodas (rather than beer or champagne) for everyone, that sort of thing.

Not that it would have mattered too much though, as the huge lack of monster-pop for Ryback would have seemed even more underwhelming.

I guess it's good that they are leaving more questions about the 3 attackers and all that, but with the months of TNA stringing us along with the Aces & Eights, I'd actually really like a story to just get to the fucking point for a change. I really hoped the three men were about to remove their T-Shirts to reveal "Heyman Guy" tee's, leading to a great big group hug and much 365 day rejoicing.

That Otunga/Miz match was dire. Otunga is a good character, but his wrestling is completely shit still, which is a shame as his mic work is good too.

Good overall, THe AJ/Vickie first segment and the Khali vs Uso's match were two of the most cringeworthy segments I've ever seen, at least the Uso's bit was saved by Rosa being so fit though

The Cena/Ziggler lockerroom fight was superb and seemed fresh compared to the standard "attack during a backstage promo, one ends up thrown over a table into a load of bins" backstage fights they normally have, plus Ziggler came off looking good which was impressive considering AJ smacked fuck out of him 60 seconds earlier

Fast forwarded Del Rio and Orton so I enjoyed every match on the show, Those two are boring as fuck and I can't bear to watch either of them nowadays

Good overall, THe AJ/Vickie first segment and the Khali vs Uso's match were two of the most cringeworthy segments I've ever seen, at least the Uso's bit was saved by Rosa being so fit though

That wasn't the Usos, Pete.

Absolutely, it was the Colons, if you ever needed proof that midcarders are bland as fuck (or I just think all foreigners look the same) then there you go

• Moderators
Even though it came the day after Survivor Series, Raw numbers are likely to be in the bottom three or four of the past 15 years.

The show did 3.84 million viewers, with hours of 3,873,000; 3,923,000 and 3,710,00 respectively.

The 49ers vs. Chicago Bears game head-to-head did 12.47 million viewers.

The rating will probably be a 2.6 or a 2.7.

F4W. It did a 2.7 in the end, which is shocking. Mike Mooneyham reckons it could well be linked to the cheap heat angle with Punk and Lawler from the week before.

I'm suprised to see some praising that show. My word, standards have dropped off a cliff. Ryback has had his balls cut off completely and is just another guy now. You would think the dropping ratings would get them to pull their finger out and actually try to make some new stars, but no it'll just mean more screen time for this AJ/Vickie/Cena shit.

• Paid Members
I'm suprised to see some praising that show. My word, standards have dropped off a cliff. Ryback has had his balls cut off completely and is just another guy now. You would think the dropping ratings would get them to pull their finger out and actually try to make some new stars, but no it'll just mean more screen time for this AJ/Vickie/Cena shit.

The AJ/Vickie/Cena 'shit' was actually good this week. Ziggler was decent in his backstage segment, and the brawl was decent.

Yep. I found this show hard to sit though but the Ziggler/Cena stuff was the best they've done and as for creating new stars, you saw how the show ended right?

The AJ/Vickie/Cena 'shit' was actually good this week. Ziggler was decent in his backstage segment, and the brawl was decent.

The brawl was good, the in ring segment was horrifically shite, it seemed like the writers had had a bet to see if they could destroy Cena's star power, thankfully he's good enough to overcome shite like that

His running after Ziggler with his leg fucked did remind me of Scorpio out of Dirty Harry though

I guess I can live with the shit if it actually leads to something half-decent, which it did this time. Whether the decent stuff continues or not, who knows. Would be interesting to see Ziggler go over Cena though.

I agree but Cena's lost too many times this year, I know he's established enough to take losses but how many PPV matches has he actually won this year? If they're thinking of turning Ziggler anytime soon, I'd have him and Cena have a close match with Cena winning with the STF after Ziggler's kicked out of the AA then a handshake afterwards, Ziggler can go on to face Show at Mania by cashing in his briefcase with prior warning (proper babyface move) and Cena can get a few wins before his big match with Rock/Whoever at Mania

I always thought I wanted Ziggler to turn against Vicky, but that backstage segment with him and AJ made me think he's actually a very good heel when given the chance. He's almost not had a decent crack at a solo heel before turning eventually. I'm not entirely sold on a turn quite yet, but I guess we'll see. Either way they do have a lot to do with him before he reaches any potential he may have.

All they need to do with Ziggler really is stop having him lose to people that then in turn lose to people lower down the foodchain than themselves, Ziggler shouldn't really even be in matches with people like Kofi and R-Truth or whoever but when he is he should be beating them and beating them reasonably clean

One other thing I noticed from Raw is that from a kayfabe point of view, Vickie mustn't like Dolph that much, he's been knocking her off for a couple of years now and even though she's de facto GM, he still has to share a locker room with the undercard lads

Archived