Rumble 2013

PSF

I certainly wouldn't have him to be the one to beat Punk at Mania for the belt.

That's because he should have won it at Hell in a Cell.

If Punk/Ryback happens I'll assume we'll get a special guest referee to make sure the playing field is level, which would be abysmal because then somebody else takes the shine off Ryback. The amount of offence Punk got in on Ryback at their first meeting already showed him up, I won't go into the finish. I'm not sure Ryback beating Punk is a star making moment anymore. It could have been. Show vs. Ryback has the same problem. It cements Ryback as a midcard attraction when he could have been more. Having said that Show's one of their best when it comes to having short, exciting matches and if anyone's going to make Ryback look good it's him.

But really I don't see the Rumble or WrestleMania creating any new big stars. I don't think that's going to be the intention at all. They wouldn't even take the risk on Ryback as far out as October. The Rock can win and take the title and that doesn't matter much either. Nobody's going to the shows to see the WWE title change hands. They're going to the shows to see the WWE, and that's the way it has been for a while. I don't see the point of bringing The Rock in three moneths before WrestleMania, where you want him to compete against somebody the level of Cena or Lesnar (We know it'll be Cena but you see my point) and having him put over Punk. Punk's gonna mean fuck all come WrestleMania. And if he wins, then what? You're not going to try and sell Punk vs. Rock as the selling point of WrestleMania when you've already given it away at the Rumble. So Punk competes against somebody else lower down the card. In a match that means fuck all really. What's the point?

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nothing groundbreaking but I think Rock beats Punk, Cena wins Rumble, Rock comes out and has a staredown with Cena for the Rumble to go off the air

Punk goes mental about losing after 400 odd days and challenges 'Taker to be the first person to beat him at 'Mania (nothing groundbreaking there either)

Rock vs Cena

Punk vs Taker

Lesnar vs HHH

should be good enough to draw a quality buy rate

• Paid Members
I read a while ago that WWE were thinking about having Ziggler vs. Orton as one of the main feuds at the start of 2013. So maybe we will see a heel Orton take the World title from Show (in a 3-way with Sheamus) at the start of next year and then feud with a face Ziggler between Rumble and 'Mania (the only problem is that Cena and Ziggler seem to be starting a feud).

I'm not convinced Ziggler is even remotely likeable enough (or getting any subtle undercurrent of cheers) to warrant turning him any time soon.

That particular feud would need a twist like that however, given that they've wrestled each other plenty over the last 12 months. Oh and don't worry, the Cena feud could be over at TLC, and for my money will be.

The idea of Rock beating Punk and taking the title on the big tv shows in the US (gaining publicity for the WWE) is probably the way WWE will go. Rock can also use his pre-recorded videos to help promote the match with Cena when he is not available for Raw.

That said, as an alternative would anyone be interested in seeing a Punk vs. Undertaker title match at 'Mania, with Punk over 500 days into his reign as champion against the streak of 'Taker? (Punk beats Rock and Undertaker wins the Rumble)

• Paid Members
Am I the only one who really doesn't want to see Cena/Rock again at Mania? I wasn't even that fussed about it this year, still not seen the whole match as I fell asleep and woke up for the finish.

I do too. If any matches need to be seen again its Bryan v Sheamus as I still feel cheated about it. My pick for the Rumble is Bryan so we can have Bryan v Punk.

• Moderators

We've had Bryan vs Punk loads of times though. I'd happily never see it again, along with Orton vs HHH, Orton vs Cena, Orton vs Del Rio and Orton vs Ziggler.

Fuck, there's a lot of Orton I'd happily never see again.

• Paid Members
Am I the only one who really doesn't want to see Cena/Rock again at Mania? I wasn't even that fussed about it this year, still not seen the whole match as I fell asleep and woke up for the finish.

I do too. If any matches need to be seen again its Bryan v Sheamus as I still feel cheated about it. My pick for the Rumble is Bryan so we can have Bryan v Punk.

They did have a cracking match on the following PPV to be fair, made up for the Mania match. Plus had they given a decent length at Mania, the other big matches might've had time taken from them.

• Paid Members

They did have a cracking match on the following PPV to be fair, made up for the Mania match. Plus had they given a decent length at Mania, the other big matches might've had time taken from them.

Yeah that makes sense, but you hear wrestlers talk about their Wrestlemania moments and its a shame. Probably not one for Bryan's DVD whenever that is.

• Paid Members

Nonsense. It's completely one for his DVD, at least in talking point because it's one of the most integral parts of his career, if not the most integral part. It lead to a tremendous year for him and becoming one of the most over talents in the company. He's made it into a massive positive for his career and growth like a true class act. Feeling cheated is ridiculous because it lead to greater things for him and I've no doubt he'll get the chance in future to have more great 'Mania moments and really shine and in even more significant circumstances.

My predictions, as things stand currently would be that Rock takes the WWE title from Punk at the Rumble. Ryback and Cena are the final two in the Rumble possibly, which could go either way. Cena wins, he challenges Rock. Ryback wins he challenges Big Show. Whoever doesn't win becomes #1 contender at Elimination Chamber, via The Elimination Chamber match.

At the Grandaddy Cena dethrones Rock. Ryback defeats Big Show only to get K'Od post match and for Ziggler to cash in his chips.

I would like to see punk retain through shenanigans. Rollins, Ambrose and the other guy try to fuck the Rock over while Cena comes for the save. In all the confusion Cena fucks up and costs rock the match. Naturally Rock is pissed.

As for the Rumble, Cena would be in the final three only for Rock to come take him out as payback. The other two guys would fight it out until there is a winner. The final two can be Ryback and Miz, with Miz winning in underdog fashion.

This would set up a grudge match between Rock and Cena while giving us Miz and Punk. There could be a lot of backstory put into heel Punk and face Miz, such as Punk not thinking Miz deserves to be in the main event. I feel Punks reign has gone on so long now it should be used to establish a new star and I was impressed with Miz's showing at Survivor Series.

Much like heading into a match with The Rock at the Royal Rumble, Punk doesn't need the title to head into a match with 'Taker at 'Mania.

Completely disagree. Punk isn't on the level of Takers recent WM opponents and for any chance of suspending dis-belief that Taker may loose, the title would need to be on the line. Taker winning the WWE title, seems like it will never happen again, due to the fact that he can't travel on the road to defend it, which would make you think that Punk would be going over. But then you have the fact that Taker doesn't loose at WM, which is where the doubt lies.

Punk vs Taker for the title is good enough to go on last. Punk vs Taker with nothing on the line is mid-card with an obvious outcome.

• Paid Members

I can't see them doing Punk v Undertaker. At this point in the streak, Undertaker needs opponents that people might believe would have a chance of beating him. No-one would believe for one second that they are going to have CM Punk end his streak and in the extremely unlikely event they did that, it would be absolute madness. The only people he should be losing the streak to (which he shouldn't anyway) are The Rock or John Cena.

I can't see them doing Punk v Undertaker. At this point in the streak, Undertaker needs opponents that people might believe would have a chance of beating him. No-one would believe for one second that they are going to have CM Punk end his streak and in the extremely unlikely event they did that, it would be absolute madness. The only people he should be losing the streak to (which he shouldn't anyway) are The Rock or John Cena.

The Rock or Cena wouldn't benefit much from ending the streak as they are already the two most over guys on the roster. Not saying it wouldn't happen though, but I hope they try and give 'the rub' to someone who isn't in there mid to late 30's and will benefit greatly from ending the streak. I don't have a suggestion who that should be at the moment though.

Archived