If WWE have a talent cull

Ant

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Couldn't they just repackage Brodus Clay back into a monster - like when he was working for Alberto?

They can, but he'll still be a useless tart who will seemingly half arse stuff.

I'm not for a second saying that hard-work and "making the best of every situation" isn't the right thing to do, but at the same time I can't really blame Brodus for half-arsing anything at the moment.

He's got to be one of the lamest things on WWE TV. He goes from squashing jobbers to losing to people barely any higher up than he is from week to week, and he isn't over.

It just strikes me as a massive miss-cue from "creative". They took a bloke who genuinely looks like a death-row killer and was Snoop Dog's Snoop Lion's former bodyguard, and turned him into a fruitier version of Flash Funk. Might have been alright if they'd planned past "well, he jiggles and he has dancers, and The Cat's old theme tune. Erm....? Then he... erm...? Oh.".

His squashes were my guilty pleasure of the week back before his make-over. He was crushing jobbers and looking badass. He'd have been way better staying as ADR's heavy rather than turning into the new Hip-Hop Hippo.

• Paid Members

For me he didn't give creative a reason to care though. He turned up and did all the entrance bit, after that in ring it was meh. He didn't play to it.

He was fucking over too, god knows why but he was, and he didn't event seem to try before he just dropped off the face.

If he can't be arsed now that's one thing but when they did seem to have something for him and he was getting good responses he didn't seem to be doing much outside the sizzle creative cooked up. He didn't feel like he was working at it to me.

He was underwhelming as a bodyguard type thing for me as well. I guess I just don't rate him.

If you just don't care for the bloke, that's fair enough man.

I think you are being a little harsh on him though. I'd say he was totally working the gimmick they gave him for the first month or more, in-ring. He was doing the full-body vibrations, the little dance moves and silly catchphrases and all that. It was that stuff the crowd was responding to. Then the writers got bored and his push ended. At that point he was just doing the same old shit but losing to nobodies while not having a real feud. They gave up, then he started to I think.

He was fucked when he got taken off TV after about three weeks. They brought him back a few weeks after that, but the magic wasn't quite there anymore. It's a great gimmick, and he played it well in his first few matches, but it never went anywhere and never did anything. It was the exact same routine every time. Let him mess about with Santino backstage, have arguments with The Miz, anything. It's too late now anyway, probably. Might as well make him a generic monster for Dem Wans until his lack of technical prowess makes them realise they don't like him even when he's stripped of a character.

Re: Albert, just re-hire Tomko and put them in a tag team. That's why they got all the plaudits over in the East, and if WWE are having a bit of a revamp of tag team wrestling they could do worse.

• Paid Members
Re: Albert, just re-hire Tomko and put them in a tag team. That's why they got all the plaudits over in the East, and if WWE are having a bit of a revamp of tag team wrestling they could do worse.

I think Tomko is locked up.

I don't think he's in prison now, but he certainly has been, and he's a fat smackhead these days. He couldn't carry Albert. Plus there's also the element of Albert probably being shit in Japan and just getting talked up because he was in Japan. There's very little chance that he was absolutely brilliant then and just reverted to being a useless sack of turds when he set foot back on American soil.

Stick him with Brodus instead as a new fat tag team. I'm sure everyone on here agreed a few months back it'd be the best way to utilise them. Plus, who doesn't love a fatty tag team?

You mean the return of the Hip-Hop Hippo?

Archived