Sign in to follow this  
Chest Rockwell

UKFF Hip Hop Thread

The animation is really cool, and it's nice how they blend the sample up to the beat.. But the thing that's brilliant or genius about that beat is not the little guitar loop, it's layering it with that particular vocal sample that makes the sum greater than the parts.

38 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

The animation is really cool, and it's nice how they blend the sample up to the beat.. But the thing that's brilliant or genius about that beat is not the little guitar loop, it's layering it with that particular vocal sample that makes the sum greater than the parts.

Is the vocal a sample? I always thought it wasn't, and was done by Blue Raspberry, as their in house singer.

Old one but listening to quite a bit of Kyza and Terra Firma and wanted to pop this up, as I think it's great.

Klashnekoff gets all the plaudits (and maybe rightly so, he made great records), but I always preferred Kyza as a rapper, not least because he basically forced me to buy a Terra Firma tape outside of Deal Real Records once, and it was very good. He was lovely to be fair.

One of my favourite Dilla beats as well.

Kyza Smirnoff-Cold Steel

Been listening to Styles P’s new album ‘Ghost Your Enthusiasm’. I’m liking it.

Always thought Styles P doesn’t really get enough love. He’s been putting out quality stuff for 20-odd years now. I think I actually prefer him over Jadakiss out of the three LOX members. Jada’s got that distinctive voice and he’s had some tracks I absolutely love but I find P more consistent. 

Styles is much better than Jadakiss, and I find he gets a lot of love where I look. Sheek is just there.

Haven't checked this yet but will get on it tomorrow. I really loved the Seven EP he did with Kweli a few years back.